Victoria University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Victoria University Job Security & Advancement reviews

Australia49 reviews

Clear
3.8Work–Life Balance
3.2Job Security & Advancement

Generally a good place to work.

As a sessional teacher it is a very insecure job. Unfortunate as it has a nice laid back staffroom atmosphere. A lot of marking at levels 5 and 6 with not much training, induction or support. A desk is usually available which is unusual in this industry.

Pros

Good atmosphere

Cons

Alot of unpaid admin

Very difficult senior manager made the work very difficult. Played lots of silly games.

Vey difficult senior Manager who played a lot of silly games. Admin staff were great. The work was interesting although the teaching approach does not practice what it promotes. Very directive when it purports to be learner centred.

Pros

Interesting work

Cons

Managembt

productive and challenging workplace which provided an enjoyable environment

Working at Victoria University was a rewarding experience. My colleagues were enjoyable to work with and always willing to lend a helping hand. I was also encouraged to forge my own path within my duties and I am so grateful for that experience. I learned a lot throughout that process.

unsupportive environment

poor management, no team support from team leaders, poor salary benefits, no job security, poor management, unsettling job culture, worked full time hours but wanted to work part time

The most important part of the job

I was teaching Electrical engineering courses to undergraduate students. The sessional lecturer is an essential part of my learning and teaching which brings a wealth of experience, knowledge, and expertise to my engineering career.

Pros

Cultural diversity

Cons

Odd working hours

Great place to work previously, professional and good people to work with. Lots of things always happening for staff and students, lots of campuses across Melbourne with many different courses offered.

Pros

Good money

Cons

lots of redundancies

Varied

The people you work with are worth the effort put in, the jobs are varied, but a lot of opportunity and support to grow and build your skills. The workload depends on the dept your employed in.

Pros

Great People

Cons

Hard Work

Productive and fun workplace with great support from Manager

Every day is different so it's difficult to describe a typical day. Overall it's a great work environment. Hardest part of the job is that when trying to resolve issues, students and staff sometimes do not respond to emails and phone calls.

Pros

Great manager

Cons

No job security

Fun and friendly workplace

Friendly environment with a lot of room to grow. I have very good mentors from the management and I'm learning a lot from them that make thing easier with the job.

Pros

Free lunches, management bond with staff and students

Best workplace

Loved my time at VU, great work culture & people. Lots of diversity and opportunity. Good location & friendly staff & students.

Busy and productive work environment

I enjoyed working here with one of the most professional teams engaged in bringing better education products to industry. The work was interesting and fulfilling.

Pros

All good

As below

Victoria University gave me an opportunity to gain practical experience within a large institution, this experience is in valuable to a young person such as myself.

Pros

Fun working environment, enjoyed working with the students

Cons

resources not always available

Loved working with young people

The staff and students at Victoria University were wonderful. I enjoyed working there and it took a great deal of soul searching before I applied for a Voluntary Redundancy Package. After over 20 years I decided it was time for a change and some new challenges.

Pros

Staff and students

Cons

Uncertainty and needing new challenges

fine

fine supports people from range of background challenged by changes changes opportunities

Work During its busiest

The busy periods at work are from September to December for the New Students Summer fittings and March to May for the Winter Fittings. On these busy periods we would serve over 300 people On these days every employee must: * Serve each customer with excellent customer service skills * Mulit-task * Be prepared for any questions asked * Be confident * Be fully aware of any changes in school uniform The most enjoyable part of the job is serving each customer efficiently and getting positive feedback from them The hardest part of the job is the cleaning and folding of clothes after a long say at work

Pros

Flexible Hours for School

Cons

No Job Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Victoria University