Victoria University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Victoria University Management reviews

Australia49 reviews

Clear
3.8Work–Life Balance

Lacks up to date equipment and facilities

The TAFE end of VU is the poor relation. It is treated as an embarrassment by senior and middle management. Line management is good but hamstrung by policy handed down from the exalted levels above. Teaching staff are mere numbers.

Pros

Good group of teachers led by a competent line manager

Cons

Callous upper management

Horrible place to work

Stress, disorganised & toxic environment. Awful management. Worked to the bone and made to feel bad. I do not recommend working here at all. So glad to leave and find a wonderful place to work after this.

Cons

No work life balance. Emails all weekend and after hours.

unsupportive environment

poor management, no team support from team leaders, poor salary benefits, no job security, poor management, unsettling job culture, worked full time hours but wanted to work part time

under resourced and under funded

Victoria University is under-resourced and underfunded for the ambitions of the goals they are undertaking. Due to this, most departments operate in a DYI fashion with little regard to the overall goal of the university body. An effort to bring in more large corporate experience into this environment is helping to identify issues but senior management have little taste for the decisions required to drive change. There is an opportunity to make an impact with hard work.

Avoid like the plag

Overworked undervalued, half the staff on stress leave the other half quitting. No compliance or support for staff. Unrealistic demands on your time. Avoid like the plague!

Sessional Teaching was good

Sessional teaching at university is like working casual. I was only in once a week and would literally just turn up and teach then leave. You obviously have to have qualifications in the area and thus, the only training is safety/risk management stuff as you are an expert.

sessional instructor and temp arranement

deleivering paramedic courses was great till some management couldnt decided which way to go re costs. Other than that they were good to staff and paid well

Pros

wages

Cons

temp

Loved working at the Uni until constant restructuring

Although change is needed in every work place, constant restructuring is damaging to staff morale and doesn't allow for bedding in of current changes before new changes are made. It slowly ate away at the staff and students over a number of years. Loved working with students and my team members were fabulous.

Pros

Student interaction, great team

Cons

Constant restructure made for bad staff morale

Fun and friendly workplace

Friendly environment with a lot of room to grow. I have very good mentors from the management and I'm learning a lot from them that make thing easier with the job.

Pros

Free lunches, management bond with staff and students

Hands on and friendly

the various hospitals i have done my placements expanded and developed my nursing skills, my communication with patients and families are friendly and professional. my patients care is a priority. i love working with other collegues and achieving my goals per shift. I have learnt time management skills and became very good at it. the best part was making my patients smile and the hardest part was saying good-bye at the end of each placement

Stable employment with good benefits

Stable employment little opportunity for progression. Little or no training provided. Public service employment is good but can be very repetitive Good venues to work in providing excellent catering and function spaces. Staff good to work with and supportive of each other. A lot of red tape and barriers in place made some issues prohibitive to work with. Management had difficulty in curbing cost control in some departments. Costs involved delivering our products made it often difficult to make a profit. Good learning curve coming from private enterprise to government employment.

Pros

Stable employment

Cons

Staff morale was poor due to cost cutting measures

Intellectual environment

Academic environment. Flexible working hours. Very good working space, lots of privacy. Not much chance for improvement, lack of dialog, no staff meetings and no involvement in the management of the centre.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

Low salary and hard to find projects

productive

Administer the operation of the reception area Liaise with a diverse range of customers and staff from all levelsProvide administrative support to management, staff members of the section and students of the UniversityCash Handling/EFTPOS paymentReconciliationPetty CashStationery Stocktake Reservations/BookingsDesign and present word documents and excel spreadsheets Record Keeping/Archiving

Pros

fun enviroment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Victoria University
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?