Victoria University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Victoria University Work–Life Balance reviews

Australia49 reviews

Clear
3.8Work–Life Balance
3.7Pay & Benefits

Cultural

phd students can be primadonnas. However, the professional staff reign in the strays and mantain an organised yet fluid production process of intellectual property and pursuit thereof.

Pros

Professionial Staff

Horrible place to work

Stress, disorganised & toxic environment. Awful management. Worked to the bone and made to feel bad. I do not recommend working here at all. So glad to leave and find a wonderful place to work after this.

Cons

No work life balance. Emails all weekend and after hours.

Great place to work previously, professional and good people to work with. Lots of things always happening for staff and students, lots of campuses across Melbourne with many different courses offered.

Pros

Good money

Cons

lots of redundancies

Varied

The people you work with are worth the effort put in, the jobs are varied, but a lot of opportunity and support to grow and build your skills. The workload depends on the dept your employed in.

Pros

Great People

Cons

Hard Work

Cleaner

Was a challenging job, had to wake up early in the morning. I have learnt many things working here and have enjoyed working at this place, great team work.

Pros

team work

Fun and friendly workplace

Friendly environment with a lot of room to grow. I have very good mentors from the management and I'm learning a lot from them that make thing easier with the job.

Pros

Free lunches, management bond with staff and students

Best workplace

Loved my time at VU, great work culture & people. Lots of diversity and opportunity. Good location & friendly staff & students.

Busy and productive work environment

I enjoyed working here with one of the most professional teams engaged in bringing better education products to industry. The work was interesting and fulfilling.

Pros

All good

Cons

Educational and seeing my students "grow and excel"!

The best part about my job is the teaching aspect side of it, teaching undergraduate students and most of all empower them with knowledge and providing them with the right tools to not only pass the subject matter but to excel and succeed in their dream jobs and beyond. The most challenging part is trying to make your superiors happy and delivering the subject matter according to their expectations. Overall I love my job, and I love to see my students grow and excel in their studies.

Pros

Good pay rates.

Cons

Long hours, preparing lesson plans and marking assignments.

Stable employment with good benefits

Stable employment little opportunity for progression. Little or no training provided. Public service employment is good but can be very repetitive Good venues to work in providing excellent catering and function spaces. Staff good to work with and supportive of each other. A lot of red tape and barriers in place made some issues prohibitive to work with. Management had difficulty in curbing cost control in some departments. Costs involved delivering our products made it often difficult to make a profit. Good learning curve coming from private enterprise to government employment.

Pros

Stable employment

Cons

Staff morale was poor due to cost cutting measures

Intellectual environment

Academic environment. Flexible working hours. Very good working space, lots of privacy. Not much chance for improvement, lack of dialog, no staff meetings and no involvement in the management of the centre.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

Low salary and hard to find projects

working closely with international student department to organize activities for international as well as focusing on the welfare of the students

We need to work closely with the student staff and doing our best to solve the issue of international students.At the same, i need to lead a team of 30 people which makes sure i have a good leadership skill .

Productive and fun work enviroment

A typical day at the showgrounds where they have the exams, Is organizing the morning tea breaks, getting all the exams put out on the tables in 810 seats, each exam has a spot and row to be in, very important, supervising the running times of exams and if there is any deception going on. Once exams are complete, picking up each row in order and securing the exams for secure pick up by the lectures. Checking students id's, knowing that right student is sitting the right exam, without deception. Checking the students have the exact materials that is allowed for each individual exam. Each and every job is just as important as the next. Working together with your co-workers making sure it all runs smoothly.

Pros

Work party

Cons

On your feet all day, walking up and down the isles

fine

fine supports people from range of background challenged by changes changes opportunities

productive

Administer the operation of the reception area Liaise with a diverse range of customers and staff from all levelsProvide administrative support to management, staff members of the section and students of the UniversityCash Handling/EFTPOS paymentReconciliationPetty CashStationery Stocktake Reservations/BookingsDesign and present word documents and excel spreadsheets Record Keeping/Archiving

Pros

fun enviroment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Victoria University