Victorian School of Languages
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Victorian School of Languages Employee Reviews

Australia4 reviews
Working at a professional level and making long-life friendships with people from all over the world has been my highlight of working at the VSL.

Getting to learn about different cultures as well as enjoying foods from all over the world at our monthly Language Faculty morning teas.
Pros
Multicultural
I plan and deliver lessons in the Polish language. Lessons include reading, writing, listening, speaking and Intercultural knowledge and language awareness. My class consists of students from Level 1 to VCE.

My role involves, planning and delivering sequenced series of lessons followed by assessment and reporting my students individual progress to the school, students and parents.

Teaching is an ongoing learning experience, for me to be a successful teacher I embrace learning and teaching. Reflection is something I learned to do prior to my studies at Deakin University. However, during my studies I learned the importance of reflection, during reflection is the time to explore what my students know and where to go next and plan the next sequence of the lesson or lessons.

I engage my students in new topics by using ICT and music. After my lessons I find Art to be a successful finish to a lesson. I enjoy these hands on activities as much as my students. Hands on activities provide opportunities to work with my students and by supporting them in the activity we both learn to work individually and in a group.

Polish classes run on Saturday mornings, I have twenty students who eagerly wake up on a Saturday and come to class. Some of them still have sleep in their eyes, but they come. I enjoy teaching and learning, the most rewarding part of teaching are the continuous ways a lesson can be presented and the student saying 'I get it'.
Pros
Passing on my Polish Heritage to little minds
Cons
Language resources
I am very happy with VSL staff. They are very cooperative. VSL is connecting all the communities.
*teaching Sinhalese language to students in year 5-7
*lesson planning and organizing cultural activities

*yard duty
Pros
Professional development
Cons
short hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victorian School of Languages. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3