Villa Maria Catholic Homes
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Villa Maria Catholic Homes Employee Reviews

dedicated Team members
Rarely any social staff time with Team. Working autonomously a lot of the time or with one other worker under difficult circumstances or with children with complex needs and behaviours.
Pros
collaborative Team workers.
Cons
no set meal breaks, only meals eaten when possible.
Mangement need to support staff
It's a good place to work excellent education and postive staff mangement need to support staff mote and if mistakes are made take the time to talk to staff and not to blame. Should have a no blame policy.
I am happy to work with VMCH
I am a casual employee I currently have only one client who requires support four hours per week. I would like to have more shifts. I enjoy working with my client. She and I have a great relationship and I hope we continue together.
Busy ever changing environment
I have worked for VMCH for many years and found the organisation good to work for with many roles available and good advancement.

The merge and changes to management were difficult however, they have settled and business is starting to run smoothly.
Busy and lots of changes
Due to implementation of Federal changes lots of changes and movement. Slowly growing and implementing new systems to assist with change and allocating new supports to ease backlogs.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
constant change
Activities for the people with disability
I work in a day program in villa maria.This program includes activities for the clients with disability to encourage them to develope their skills in those activities,like swimming,music,yoga,listening stories,interactive interactions,music and movements etc.It is very interesting to interact with innocent people and enjoyable too.We have to be very careful about their health matters like epilepsy management.It is very enjoyable to make them happy when they do beautiful craft works.
Pros
Relaxing job
Cons
Short shifts
Friendly workplace, old building,
I have worked for the facility for 6 years now. Since VMCH have taken over not much as changed. We still have the same amount of carers on the floor with an increasing number of resident's with high care needs, as we are aging in place and no longer send resident's requiring more care to another facility. The building itself is quite dated, not equipped with facilities big enough for residents requiring machines to transfer them, bathrooms are small, there is not much room for storage of machines. We used to have a dementia specific area with secured doors for safety, those doors are taken down and everyone is mixed together creating many more behaviours with people with dementia being in a loud environment and often they are able to abscond from the facility with visitors putting them in increasing danger of becoming lost and harmed. A new facility was proposed to be built 3years ago, nothing has eventuated and we are left with a facility that was never built for any of this.
Be cautious
The HR department bully and intimidate employees and give out incorrect information to employees regarding their entitlements. They put employees at risk by not providing adequate support and information to keep them safe in the workplace. Incompetent management who do not know relevent laws and acts applicable to the industry.
Pros
salary sacrificing, nice ground staff, beautiful clientele
Cons
management are incompetent
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Villa Maria Catholic Homes?
enjoyed working with my team and had a great leadership team. Great CEO.Great job satisfaction as a result of services provided to the Victorian community. Enjoyed meeting our stakeholders in various locations.
Pros
Worklife balance, freedom to be the best creative self, great support from managers and fellow team members. Great service to the community of Victoria.
Cons
That I had to leave in order to advance my career.
Fun workplace
I will recommend this job because its a good mamagement they got here, and also fun people to get along with, nice prople and you can make friends faster.
Pros
Free lunches
Great Organisation
An Amazing Organisation to be a part of. I have had the pleasure to work for Villa Maria before I had children and now Villa Maria Catholic Homes presently.
Pros
Amazing staf and great support
Cons
Driving 45 kms each way to and from work
self directed
Autonomous client interactions with the view to be an available listener and advisor or therapist for individual personal emotional and social concerns. My role is self generating with new and longer term clients
Fulfilling working there
Providing care to especially the elderly brings joy and happiness to see the appreciation they show and drives me more to want to provide quality care
Pros
mixing with people
Cons
long hours and tiring
productive
I have learned a lot working in villa maria as a food service attendant.i have learned to deepend my patience and understanding not only to my work mates but to the resident as well.
i had learned from my experience to always get ready and prepare myself for any changes in management or any challenges.

the most enjoyable part is when my hard work being recognized by the resident and the management
work a mixed bag of challenge and fun.
good people to work with.
very rewarding job with good benefits.

Learned a lot, lots of training with certificates to prove it.
great staff and work enviroment
Enjoyed my time here, supportive staff, included in all in house training, and staff meetings. Enjoyed being able to build a good re pore with residents and gaining confidence in staff and management to handle residents dependently in a short time of working their.
Excellent work environment and colleagues
I have enjoyed working as an AIN at the Villa Maria RACF for the last 13 years. I have become a senior member of staff during this time and have trained and mentored many of the new staff coming through. I have developed strong relationships with the residents and I have very much enjoyed this aspect of the work.
Pros
Flexible hours and supportive management.
Rewarding and challenging workplace
Constantly changing work duties, challenging role to keep your work interesting and rewarding. Excellent work life balance and mangment that is supportive and easy to relate too.
Pros
Salary Sacrifice
Cons
Working with clients who are elderly and the challenge of losing them
This positon offered alot of experience and support.
As initially a trainee I was supported and guided by my supervisors. After gaining employment I carried out a vast array of duties involving High Needs residents. Working within a team as well as unsupervised I availed myself for all shifts and therefore gained effective experience which ultimately spring boarded me onto my rewarding career in the Health Industry.
Pros
Vast amount of experience and exposer to high level of care.
Cons
Non