Villa Maria Catholic Homes

Care Worker2 reviews
Australia2 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Friendly workplace, old building,

I have worked for the facility for 6 years now. Since VMCH have taken over not much as changed. We still have the same amount of carers on the floor with an increasing number of resident's with high care needs, as we are aging in place and no longer send resident's requiring more care to another facility. The building itself is quite dated, not equipped with facilities big enough for residents requiring machines to transfer them, bathrooms are small, there is not much room for storage of machines. We used to have a dementia specific area with secured doors for safety, those doors are taken down and everyone is mixed together creating many more behaviours with people with dementia being in a loud environment and often they are able to abscond from the facility with visitors putting them in increasing danger of becoming lost and harmed. A new facility was proposed to be built 3years ago, nothing has eventuated and we are left with a facility that was never built for any of this.

Fulfilling working there

Providing care to especially the elderly brings joy and happiness to see the appreciation they show and drives me more to want to provide quality care

Pros

mixing with people

Cons

long hours and tiring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Villa Maria Catholic Homes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Villa Maria Catholic Homes Reviews by Location