Village Roadshow
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Village Roadshow Employee Reviews

Australia64 reviews
The heart of Australia's Entertainment Industry
A multi faceted business with over 50 Cinemas across Victoria and a sprawling Entertainment district in Queensland include Wet and Wild, Outback Show, Hotel and Film studio's.

Village Cinemas based in the fun part of Melbourne, close to rail and Tram links, Village Roadshow is at the heart of Australians film and leisure industry.

Historically run by family members the business offers lots of scope to add value and drive efficiencies through SRM and CRM.
Exciting place to work with a professional but fun dynamic.
I worked at Movie World for their Fright Nights one year and found it the be a new an exciting experience in which I thoroughly enjoyed myself. They seem to have a great balance between professionalism and fun and did a great job at making you feel like an important part of the team. The management team really seemed to have a big care factor for the staff as well as guests.
Great company
very Slow over winter. Great place to work. Management deal with concerns and complaints quickly and efficiently. Pay is okay but for the stress could be better. always pay enough tax so you get a return. Some staff are given priority over shifts because of popularity.
Loved it here, but not enough hours :(
Not enough hours especially in the winter but great for summer! Had to move on, but I loved the people and the training have many friends I still love and adore from here.
Pros
Great people (usually) the base wage for a 16/17 year old was $18 an hour.
Cons
Could be stressful at times handling so many people
active and friendly environment
This was one of the bet experiences in my career, staff were kin, the role was fast paced and involving but not stressful and it really gave the opportunity to display leadership and pride in what i did.
Positive and constructive work environment
While busy most of the day the levels of stress of the workers are monitored by the supervisors to make sure noone crumbles. Supportive and understanding the company ensures you also have a range of work in the different parks which you can simply be called up and be assigned to for that day
A typical day at work involved seeing guests and staff who came in with various injuries or on occasions going out to see them in the grounds.
I only worked there for a few months as a casual but I learnt heaps and I loved working for Village Roadshow, particularly at Outback Spectacular; being around the Horses, Animals, Cowboys and Cowgirls.
There was always a sense of excitement at all the parks where I worked.

The other staff members were usually friendly, helpful and easy to get along with.
Pros
Free entry to other events that occured at Movieworld, being able to see the Outback Spectacular show whenever not busy, meeting lots of new and interesting people.
Cons
It was hard working alone especially when having to make decisions regarding treatment, Could usually speak to someone by phone but not the same as having another person present.
Fun workplace with great perks
Village Roadshow ticked most boxes when it came to great places to work. Flexible work hours, 4 x double passes per month, varied role, friendly coworkers.
Good benefits, stressful work
Hours are right in the middle of the day, can be inconvenient to some, not good work/social life. Very stressful work, pushy staff and customers. However there is good pay and benefits.
Internship turned to paid employment
Village Roadshow Limited is an Australian mass media and entertainment company active in a diversity of fields, including cinema, theme parks, film production and distribution. I began as an intern during my last semester of study, I was then selected for further employment after the semester finalised.
Fun place to work
Fun place to work, friendly, helpful people, lots of variety. Great discounts, long shifts and most weekends with no holidays or time off in busy periods.
A very special place with great people
Good pay, good people, good vibes. Management are very good are at their respective roles, everyone seems to get along well

Lots of nice smiles and nice people
Great company but going through big change
Great company but going through big challenges, both in industry and management. Difficult to progress, even more so when company is undergoing transformation.
Village Roadshow
Like so many jobs I've had most of the joy from this company comes from the people, not the work (and certainly not the pay). It was fun at first but tension is constantly high due to the state of home entertainment.
Pros
Free movie tickets, in-house screenings, the people
Cons
Low pay, outdated systems, little room for career growth
Unhygienic, Unhealthy workplace
Village roadshow theme parks was the worst job I have been apart of. On a handful of occasions I was not paid properly and was mistreated. I did enjoy bar-tending at the corporate events, the experience I gained from that was excellent.
Pros
Experience
Cons
a lot of illegal hours
Great place to work close to home
A fun place to work at, lots of contact with the visitors.
Great team leader and work mates

Hard work cleaning bar-b-ques and toilets

High tempo and great learning
Pros
Free passes to theam parks
Cons
Early starts
Overall Experience
Movieworld is one of the funnest places I have worked at. The atmosphere is so friendly between customers and staff. I have gained an extensive skillset from such a short time of working there and still learn new things every single day. Management has been cooperative and provide support when needed.
Pros
Cons
Overstaffed
Nice people to work with
Early start,half day finished quickly. Learn to be ever careful. Local managers good. Workplace culture good. Early start is hard. No managers breathing down you neck.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Paperwork
Positive environment
A great place to work in with positive and uplifting staff members. It allowed me to continue and develop my skills in a productive and optimistic manor.
Benefits
Cons
Temporary job
Busy and Thriving working enviorment
Working at Movieworld was an amazing experience for me; I worked in more than just one type of store. I worked in a Department store, Gift shop, Ride centre and gaming centre, I worked with many different types of people and situations which gave me just a wide range of experience
Pros
Easy access lunches and free entry
Cons
Non secure employment
Great Perks, Young Community
A typical day of work consists of signing in back of house and taking a 7 minute walk to the Admissions and Guest Services Department, sign in at your department and grab cash, fill tills and head off into the working day with a positive attitude! Working at Wet n Wild was an absolute youthful working experience.

I learnt plenty of customer service skills and how to ensure the guests always felt tended to and valued!
Pros
Free entry/rides
Cons
Low Wages