Village Roadshow Employee Reviews

Village Roadshow
Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 May 2019
Like so many jobs I've had most of the joy from this company comes from the people, not the work (and certainly not the pay). It was fun at first but tension is constantly high due to the state of home entertainment.
Pros
Free movie tickets, in-house screenings, the people
Cons
Low pay, outdated systems, little room for career growth
Unhygienic, Unhealthy workplace
Food & Bev staff / Corporate Event Bartender (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 April 2019
Village roadshow theme parks was the worst job I have been apart of. On a handful of occasions I was not paid properly and was mistreated. I did enjoy bar-tending at the corporate events, the experience I gained from that was excellent.
Pros
Experience
Cons
a lot of illegal hours
Overall Experience
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Oxenford QLD25 March 2019
Movieworld is one of the funnest places I have worked at. The atmosphere is so friendly between customers and staff. I have gained an extensive skillset from such a short time of working there and still learn new things every single day. Management has been cooperative and provide support when needed.
Pros
Cons
Overstaffed
Nice people to work with
Maintenance Fitter (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 January 2019
Early start,half day finished quickly. Learn to be ever careful. Local managers good. Workplace culture good. Early start is hard. No managers breathing down you neck.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Paperwork
Positive environment
Village Cinema (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS21 January 2019
A great place to work in with positive and uplifting staff members. It allowed me to continue and develop my skills in a productive and optimistic manor.
Benefits
Cons
Temporary job
Busy and Thriving working enviorment
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD20 January 2019
Working at Movieworld was an amazing experience for me; I worked in more than just one type of store. I worked in a Department store, Gift shop, Ride centre and gaming centre, I worked with many different types of people and situations which gave me just a wide range of experience
Pros
Easy access lunches and free entry
Cons
Non secure employment
Great Perks, Young Community
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 May 2018
A typical day of work consists of signing in back of house and taking a 7 minute walk to the Admissions and Guest Services Department, sign in at your department and grab cash, fill tills and head off into the working day with a positive attitude! Working at Wet n Wild was an absolute youthful working experience.

I learnt plenty of customer service skills and how to ensure the guests always felt tended to and valued!
Pros
Free entry/rides
Cons
Low Wages
independent and involves in the strategic partenerships, provides premium cinema concepts regarding various shows
Fruit Packer,in restaurant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 May 2018
theme parks, film production exhibitions in the international markets as well as worldwide release in different areas in the field of finacing , production, marketing solution and the distribution
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good
Retail Food Beverage School Based Traineeship (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD22 January 2018
alright thet need new super visosrs ad i dont work there anymore coze of it thats all ive got to say how much more do you want me to write i cant think of anything ele to say
Pros
good staff
Cons
rcap pay and shifts
unorganised at times, always complain about budget yet continually overstaff
Admissions team member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 January 2018
if i was to review everything, i would say the theme park i a working at is pretty unorganised, the staff don't know what they are doing the "bosses" are bad, they don't know how to handle guests properly it is horrible.
Pros
free entry to multiple theme parks, 50% off day passes for friends, 20% off retail items and every certain amount of hours you work you get a free pass for a friend
Cons
unorganised, messy, not for people who have trouble talking to guests or dealing with complaints
Productive, fast pacing and entertaining
Accounts Receivable/ Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD20 December 2017
- Morning fast paced
- Learned a lot about Accounts Receivable, high volume.
- Good management
- Workplace culture, good team of more than 10 years in the Co.
- The hardest part of the job, I was employed on temporary basis to occupy different positions as people was on sick leave, maternity leave or long service leave. Was to adjust to all of this and the Accounting and Management system was changing.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was the support of some of the team members.
Pros
Free rides
Cons
Just a temporary position availabel
really good colleagues
Food & Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oxenford QLD 42108 August 2017
when you go to your outlet the atmosphere is amazing people are joking around and making everyone laugh they also know how to run the team and their sections. they let you make mistakes and they ask questions "How do you think it could have been avoided", "what did you do wrong" etc. the hardest part of the job was trying to do the job but under staff.
Pros
25% discount of Food and Beverages, 50% discount on retail, free unlimited entry to the theme parks and free guest tickets ever 160 Hours
Fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Australia24 July 2017
Absolutely amazing place to work. The management are all amazing, the job itself was also fun, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Australia. I would have stayed if my visa didn't expire.
Can't guarantee hours.
Supervising Staff (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD22 June 2017
Staff are easily replaceable.
They throw you into the deep end.
can't guarantee how many hours youll work that day, so you need to have your licence.
hardest part was working in 35 degree weather with no air con or breeze, none stop for a good 8 plus hours. you meet some fantastic, and not so fantastic people. just there is so much to learn.
Pros
You can make lifelong friends.
Cons
Management usually wont help out during busy periods, It gets incredibly hot, and alot of people have passed out before..
Amazingly fun workspace
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Pyrmont NSW28 May 2017
I only did a week of work experience there (as all year 10's are required to do) but it started my love for graphic design! Everyone was so kind and actually helped me develop a better understanding of the tools they used.
Pros
Great music taste
Productive and fun work place
Seaworld (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD23 May 2017
Very boring while school holidays are over
I have learned a lot while working at seaworld
Very fun place to work
Most enjoyable part of the job would be is working with friendly staff
Cons
No hours
Fun Place to work
F&B Attendant/ Costume Distributor/Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD16 May 2017
Working at a theme park is a lot of fun, everyday was different and I was fortunate enough to work with a great team. I looked after the performers at this park which was always a lot of fun.
Productive fun work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD9 May 2017
Working for village road shows was fun and exciting.
i enjoyed the challenge of how busy the theme park was. Keeping up with demand, meeting all different kinds of people and hearing their stories.
Productive and fun place to work.
Attraction operator (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD8 May 2017
I started working for village roadshow back in September 2016. I learned to operate rides at movieworld abd later wet'n'wild. The employee benefit so are great and so is the work environment.
Pros
Great people, fun work & good pay.
Cons
Rare difficult customer.
Fun workplace
Lifeguard/Team leader (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD4 April 2017
Great place to work. Everyone in the team from the park supervisor to the lifeguards have great communication skills and are therefore understand what level are jobs are to be help at . This is imperative to ensure the safety of the guests in the park.