Village Roadshow

Village Roadshow Employee Reviews

Australia74 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Productive and amazing learning experience

Lovely place to work, i’ve enjoyed the amount of knowledge i’ve gained in this workplace alongside the trust they ensure me after displaying my skills towards the management team

Pros

amazing environment

Cons

constant and long rushes

fun workplace and great friends will be made

great workplace, great workers, just not enough hours or opportunities to go part time. management is great as well

Pros

free entry

Cons

not alot of hours on off peak times

Village Road Show are a good Company to work for

Village Road Show are a good Company to work for. Nice and friendly People employed at Sea World on the Gold Coast. I would recommend Sea World to commence work at to any future Employee.

Great Workplace

Love the flexibility of shifts, if you cannot work it is easy to call it off. Lots of employees, so lots of people to meet and friends. Can be a little fast-paced and stressful when busy, sometimes the team leader on can be grumpy and unnecessary in times like these. Love it when the park is quiet though! Love the benefits we get too.

Competitive and toxic work culture that is basically encouraged by management

Management were disgusting. Almost pits their employees against each other to get trained on new rides etc. they refused to see staff as people, and only viewed them as pay checks and bodies and would constantly enforce that “if you don’t want to be here we don’t care, there’s 100’s out there to take your place”. Employee turn around in department was highest I’ve ever seen in a workplace which tells you a lot. Most people quit after 3 months average, others have stayed because they’re just used to the bad treatment

Pros

Cheap lunches Free event tickets

Cons

Long hours, standing in boiling heat for hours without a replacement, horrible pay, toxic culture and environment and unfair working conditions

Great company good culture and perks

One of the best jobs I’ve had lots of opportunities and freedom to chat to HRI held several positions I’d go back!Supportive bosses fun meetings snd conferences Friday movies and drinks

Pros

Movies movies movies

Cons

Not enough movies

Great place to work good people

Great place to work loving my time working for Vrtp would recommend to anyone to try a lot of employee benefits discounted meals great advancements in moving up the ladder

Pros

Discounted meals free passes

Fun and Inspiring work place

Absolutely loved working at SW (Sea World). Inclusive staff and extensive learning! Fast process of getting the job, and very formal, safe and secure workplace with amazing team member.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

N/a

Extraordinary place to Work

I have worked in several areas at several parks and people always ask me which one is the one I prefer to work at.. I can't answer them as all of the parks that I worked at were absolutely extraordinary

Pros

unusual environments

Cons

Tourist from a different perspective

Meet a diverse range of people, see what life is like at theme parks from the other side! Need to have flexibility to work seven days a week in all weather

The heart of Australia's Entertainment Industry

A multi faceted business with over 50 Cinemas across Victoria and a sprawling Entertainment district in Queensland include Wet and Wild, Outback Show, Hotel and Film studio's. Village Cinemas based in the fun part of Melbourne, close to rail and Tram links, Village Roadshow is at the heart of Australians film and leisure industry. Historically run by family members the business offers lots of scope to add value and drive efficiencies through SRM and CRM.

Exciting place to work with a professional but fun dynamic.

I worked at Movie World for their Fright Nights one year and found it the be a new an exciting experience in which I thoroughly enjoyed myself. They seem to have a great balance between professionalism and fun and did a great job at making you feel like an important part of the team. The management team really seemed to have a big care factor for the staff as well as guests.

Great company

very Slow over winter. Great place to work. Management deal with concerns and complaints quickly and efficiently. Pay is okay but for the stress could be better. always pay enough tax so you get a return. Some staff are given priority over shifts because of popularity.

Loved it here, but not enough hours :(

Not enough hours especially in the winter but great for summer! Had to move on, but I loved the people and the training have many friends I still love and adore from here.

Pros

Great people (usually) the base wage for a 16/17 year old was $18 an hour.

Cons

Could be stressful at times handling so many people

active and friendly environment

This was one of the bet experiences in my career, staff were kin, the role was fast paced and involving but not stressful and it really gave the opportunity to display leadership and pride in what i did.

Positive and constructive work environment

While busy most of the day the levels of stress of the workers are monitored by the supervisors to make sure noone crumbles. Supportive and understanding the company ensures you also have a range of work in the different parks which you can simply be called up and be assigned to for that day

A typical day at work involved seeing guests and staff who came in with various injuries or on occasions going out to see them in the grounds.

I only worked there for a few months as a casual but I learnt heaps and I loved working for Village Roadshow, particularly at Outback Spectacular; being around the Horses, Animals, Cowboys and Cowgirls. There was always a sense of excitement at all the parks where I worked. The other staff members were usually friendly, helpful and easy to get along with.

Pros

Free entry to other events that occured at Movieworld, being able to see the Outback Spectacular show whenever not busy, meeting lots of new and interesting people.

Cons

It was hard working alone especially when having to make decisions regarding treatment, Could usually speak to someone by phone but not the same as having another person present.

Fun workplace with great perks

Village Roadshow ticked most boxes when it came to great places to work. Flexible work hours, 4 x double passes per month, varied role, friendly coworkers.

Good benefits, stressful work

Hours are right in the middle of the day, can be inconvenient to some, not good work/social life. Very stressful work, pushy staff and customers. However there is good pay and benefits.

Internship turned to paid employment

Village Roadshow Limited is an Australian mass media and entertainment company active in a diversity of fields, including cinema, theme parks, film production and distribution. I began as an intern during my last semester of study, I was then selected for further employment after the semester finalised.

Fun place to work

Fun place to work, friendly, helpful people, lots of variety. Great discounts, long shifts and most weekends with no holidays or time off in busy periods.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Village Roadshow. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Village Roadshow
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?