VIPeople Employee Reviews

2.7Job Security & Advancement
No community feel, no penalty rates, and no "work-life" balance like advertised
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 September 2019
I worked for this company for a year, and compared to other work places there is absolutely no sense of community, of course you work with different people every week, but from that I found that everyone was just putting on a fake smile and pretending to be nice to one another to hide the fact that everybody honestly doesn't want to be there.

There is an enterprise agreement so if you work for this company it is only worth working Monday-Saturday, Sunday is a complete rip off, as there is no penalty rates at all.

The whole advertised idea which was sold to me was the "pick and choose" and "work-life balance" ideal which was appealing to me as a Uni student. But to be honest it was far from the truth, if you couldn't go to one shift you would be crucified and ignored, and they would only give extra shifts (even ones which I would've had to go almost an hour out of my way [without travel supplemented] ) to "favourite staff".

The worst experience however was when i fainted on a shift because I was scared to go to the bathroom and take water because the management would lose their minds if you would leave a post for 5 minutes to go to the bathroom, and they were honestly more worried about me signing out and leaving than if i was honestly okay, thats when i knew i was replaceable and honestly didnt give a thing about me personally as an employee no matter what I did.

Also they take an $80 bond for your uniform which is ridiculous because I've never had to pay for a uniform at any job I've ever worked at before, and to this day have been ignoring any email/text to
  more... get it back..

So would not recommend this company honestly for anyone.
Can be good but managerial intimidation techniques ruin it.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Varied28 August 2019
Cold and callous management destroying a good job. If staff are unable to assist with ridiculous requests for 3 hour shifts that involve 3 hours travelling then they are blackballed.

Some nobody dullards are given supervision roles and have no place giving directions to more qualified people.
Pros
Casual hours to suit (in theory)
Cons
Short shifts and pressure to work at venues hours from home.
Management can be inconsiderate
Casual Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 March 2018
The jobs given are actually quite enjoyable, and can range in hours. VIPeople have a lot to offer with the amount of work they provide, especially the Easter Show. I had some trouble with management though. There are preferences with what area you would prefer to work in, yet I was only ever given work that was over an hour away, and only went for 4 hours. I was losing money and time considering tolls and petrol. It was quite annoying.
Pros
Good pay, great atmospheres (i.e. Easter Show, Nrl), good experience.
Cons
Long/short hours, distance.
Love Love Love
Casual Staff (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 January 2017
I love my job at VIPeople. There are always new and exciting events and the staff and supervisors are always so friendly and happy and put your well being first. VIPeople was my second job and I recommend it to everyone. Work is so flexible because they work around your availabilities and I've never worked a shift and walked away hating it.
Pros
Really good events (that you get paid to go to!)
Very fun and interesting
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 October 2016
There are always new jobs at VIPeople so it doesn't get repetitive and there are always great events to attend. The other staff are also very helpful.
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW14 September 2015
All smiles, such a great atmosphere and opportunity.
While there are long hours, the frequent weekend work and flexibility makes the time worth it.
As well as being at great events like defCon1 or Easter show
Pros
pay rate