VIPeople
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

VIPeople Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
The work is easy and events run all-year round, however employees are subject to favoritism and many are disposable . The work is very simple but can at times be stressful, dependent on the event (e.g. Vivid LIght Show). A good job for someone looking for side-work or still in school.
Typical day includes easter show work football games raves concerts musicals. Large scale events. Weekend and night work. @ weeks for the easter show. Customer service and cash handling a must
Cons
Can be long shifts standing all day and in the elements
This job has an extremely amazing team based culture, working with other members makes my job and my co-workers jobs much easier. It is also one of most friendly environments I have worked in, everybody treats you with respect and helps when needed.
I worked with vipeople for three years, and during that time I was pigeon holed into certain roles, whilst other family friends or favourite staff of management were given supervisor positions or better pay, working conditions, more consistent work and varying work roles to keep staff feeling valued and stimulated. the supervisor staff had no idea what they were doing and we're clearly out of their depth, management were never available and always on holiday or MIA. I was posted as a car park attendant for three years despite repeately asking to be given roles working in bars or rsa Marshalls or corporate suites given my experience and expertise. Staff never supplied with suncream, water or .

At times they would ring up other staff and use me as a pawn to entice other staff to work shifts for them, offering form e to pick up staff at their house and drive them to work sites without my knowledge or consent. No reimbursement for the petrol I was expected to use picking up staff and for giving mobile number out to people
Good fun work, great teams, exciting events.
Flat rate is great for younger staff, older staff could get more on weekends elsewhere, but get to attend events and be paid for it.
Event staff at sporting events or larger organised shows such as the Easter Show. Can be fast paced or less depending on the venue or task assigned. Met great people, great management!
I worked for this company for about a year whilst at uni. Management were cold and unreasonable, with people put in supervisory roles who clearly had no idea and were just 'favourites'.

Pay was poor and you were shunned if for some reason you were unable to accept a shift. The advertised work-life balance was a myth.

Worst shift was 4 hours watching strollers at the bottom of a stairwell at Gosford stadium. Nobody was around and it was at this point that I lost the will to return for future shifts with this company.
I worked for this company for a year, and compared to other work places there is absolutely no sense of community, of course you work with different people every week, but from that I found that everyone was just putting on a fake smile and pretending to be nice to one another to hide the fact that everybody honestly doesn't want to be there.

There is an enterprise agreement so if you work for this company it is only worth working Monday-Saturday, Sunday is a complete rip off, as there is no penalty rates at all.

The whole advertised idea which was sold to me was the "pick and choose" and "work-life balance" ideal which was appealing to me as a Uni student. But to be honest it was far from the truth, if you couldn't go to one shift you would be crucified and ignored, and they would only give extra shifts (even ones which I would've had to go almost an hour out of my way [without travel supplemented] ) to "favourite staff".

The worst experience however was when i fainted on a shift because I was scared to go to the bathroom and take water because the management would lose their minds if you would leave a post for 5 minutes to go to the bathroom, and they were honestly more worried about me signing out and leaving than if i was honestly okay, thats when i knew i was replaceable and honestly didnt give a thing about me personally as an employee no matter what I did.

Also they take an $80 bond for your uniform which is ridiculous because I've never had to pay for a uniform at any job I've ever worked at before, and to this day have been ignoring any email/text to
 - more...
Cold and callous management destroying a good job. If staff are unable to assist with ridiculous requests for 3 hour shifts that involve 3 hours travelling then they are blackballed.

Some nobody dullards are given supervision roles and have no place giving directions to more qualified people.
Pros
Casual hours to suit (in theory)
Cons
Short shifts and pressure to work at venues hours from home.
The jobs given are actually quite enjoyable, and can range in hours. VIPeople have a lot to offer with the amount of work they provide, especially the Easter Show. I had some trouble with management though. There are preferences with what area you would prefer to work in, yet I was only ever given work that was over an hour away, and only went for 4 hours. I was losing money and time considering tolls and petrol. It was quite annoying.
Pros
Good pay, great atmospheres (i.e. Easter Show, Nrl), good experience.
Cons
Long/short hours, distance.
being able to work when you're available is very important, they allow you to live your busy life outside of work. with amazing people and enjoyable shifts its easy to lose track of time while working, the customers are always kind and the venues crew are always there to help.
I love my job at VIPeople. There are always new and exciting events and the staff and supervisors are always so friendly and happy and put your well being first. VIPeople was my second job and I recommend it to everyone. Work is so flexible because they work around your availabilities and I've never worked a shift and walked away hating it.
Pros
Really good events (that you get paid to go to!)
There are always new jobs at VIPeople so it doesn't get repetitive and there are always great events to attend. The other staff are also very helpful.
All smiles, such a great atmosphere and opportunity.
While there are long hours, the frequent weekend work and flexibility makes the time worth it.

As well as being at great events like defCon1 or Easter show
Pros
pay rate