Virgin Active
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Virgin Active Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
A helpful and flexible job when in a desperate time - for me it was the only thing that fit well around my study hours, however the 5am starts and 10:30pm finishes nearly killed me during semesters! Would definitely recommend getting a more 'normal hours' job if you can manage it - even if you think you'll be fine! Management in my club was great, very understanding and flexible culture, I always felt valued as a person rather than just seen as a task. However the pay was very low for some of the heavy things we had to do - ie extreme deep cleaning, and we don't get paid nearly as much as other qualified pool lifeguards in Sydney. Virgin was great for me for a season but definitely took over my life and wrecked my sleep schedule. Not for the faint of heart!
Virgin Active is a great company to work for, good environments and people within the teams they really do look after their employees and look to excel your skills to enhance you as a better person overall
I loved this job. Had great colleagues and the job was very enjoyable with many areas you could work in. Terrible pay was the downside.
They had quarterly employment awards too
Pros
Great staff, They tried to push to aim higher
Cons
Terrible pay
A little tongue and cheek in their approach, Virgin Active is a pleasant and thriving hub to work in. The team culture is fun and engaging and the opportunity for growth is plentiful.
Pros
No rent, buddy membership after 12 months.
Cons
Difficulty moving to the next tier in the trainer journey.
working with amazing people daily and good support all around from all areas/departments.
great learning provided and given opportunity to provide feedback on role, tasks etc.
Incredible management and co-workers. Helped me out so much and everyone took time to see how I was progressing.

My personal skills on how to make others progress in the business enhanced and gave me more and more confidence in the field.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Company doesn't sponsor
Early mornings or late nights, no inbetween. Would get paid more at McDonalds. No penalty rates. Big workload. High expectations. takes over your life.
Pros
free membership
Cons
bad hours, bad pay, high expectations
My first job in the fitness industry amazing place to work and grow as a personal trainer.
Ive grown and learnt a lot working in a great workplace like Virgin Active.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Work life balance
I dont think this matters as this job is located in Australia, but it was very fun work environment and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
This was an interesting yet not that long experience that allowed me to get some hands on experience in a field where previously I had none.
Good place to work. Nice Bosses. Great facilities. Flexible working hours, but you are expected to do a lot. Trainers can be fierce about protecting their clients.
My role as a Fitness Professional at Virgin Active required me to provide great customer service to each of my clients this includes scheduling and planning of their personal training sessions, adjusting to my clients changing schedules, and providing written feedback of their progress towards achieving better health. Maintaining great customer relations was a key to achieving rapid growth as a Fitness Professional within Virgin Active.