Virgin Active Employee Reviews

Fun, productive environment.
Fitness Professional (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, AU4 December 2018
A little tongue and cheek in their approach, Virgin Active is a pleasant and thriving hub to work in. The team culture is fun and engaging and the opportunity for growth is plentiful.
Pros
No rent, buddy membership after 12 months.
Cons
Difficulty moving to the next tier in the trainer journey.
Place for opportunity
Full Time Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Baulkham Hills NSW7 August 2017
working with amazing people daily and good support all around from all areas/departments.
great learning provided and given opportunity to provide feedback on role, tasks etc.
Amazing
Fitness Team Leader/Personal Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia11 July 2017
Incredible management and co-workers. Helped me out so much and everyone took time to see how I was progressing.

My personal skills on how to make others progress in the business enhanced and gave me more and more confidence in the field.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Company doesn't sponsor
Not right for me anymore
Operations Assistant/Pool Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Frenchs Forest NSW11 May 2017
Early mornings or late nights, no inbetween. Would get paid more at McDonalds. No penalty rates. Big workload. High expectations. takes over your life.
Pros
free membership
Cons
bad hours, bad pay, high expectations
really good
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 December 2016
My first job in the fitness industry amazing place to work and grow as a personal trainer.
Ive grown and learnt a lot working in a great workplace like Virgin Active.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Work life balance
Fun staff, Fun Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 February 2016
I dont think this matters as this job is located in Australia, but it was very fun work environment and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Very interesting work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Oxford QLD16 February 2016
This was an interesting yet not that long experience that allowed me to get some hands on experience in a field where previously I had none.
Great Bosses
Fitness Professional (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW25 November 2015
Good place to work. Nice Bosses. Great facilities. Flexible working hours, but you are expected to do a lot. Trainers can be fierce about protecting their clients.
Fun place to work
Gym Instructor & Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  norwest, Sydney26 September 2014
My role as a Fitness Professional at Virgin Active required me to provide great customer service to each of my clients this includes scheduling and planning of their personal training sessions, adjusting to my clients changing schedules, and providing written feedback of their progress towards achieving better health. Maintaining great customer relations was a key to achieving rapid growth as a Fitness Professional within Virgin Active.