Virgin Australia Airlines Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Interesting and Fun
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 November 2017
A day at work would start with me seeing what position I have for my shift then going to the first assigned departure lounge for an arrival or a departure of an aircraft.
I've learnt about safety and security and what I need to do for on time departures of aircraft and well as learning the systems put in place.
Management are fair and everybody works as part of a team helping one another.
The hardest part of the job is the accountability that sometimes is out of your hands.
The best part is interacting with colleagues as well as meeting and networking with some very interesting people of the public.
Pros
Discounted Air Travel & some travel other travel benefits
Cons
Very early morning starts & sometimes having meal breaks out of the normal times.
You spend more time at work than being at home
Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 October 2017
It depends if money is more important than time... Which you don't get paid much like four hours on this day or 6 hours the next... You gotta pick up more hours just to make ends meat. But the only good thing about the job is there a lot of downtime and you get to work with planes but to be honest time is more important than money because at this job you have to put your life on hold just to make the hours you need just to survive.
Pros
Downtime
Cons
Not much hours
Fast paced environment, great support, fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne27 September 2015
It was a unique roll, Something different everyday. Support from all managers and supervisors.
Great perks and rewards.
Pros
Salary, People, Different Everyday
Cons
hours can be exhausting