Virgin Australia Airlines Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Interesting and Fun
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 November 2017
A day at work would start with me seeing what position I have for my shift then going to the first assigned departure lounge for an arrival or a departure of an aircraft.
I've learnt about safety and security and what I need to do for on time departures of aircraft and well as learning the systems put in place.
Management are fair and everybody works as part of a team helping one another.
The hardest part of the job is the accountability that sometimes is out of your hands.
The best part is interacting with colleagues as well as meeting and networking with some very interesting people of the public.
Pros
Discounted Air Travel & some travel other travel benefits
Cons
Very early morning starts & sometimes having meal breaks out of the normal times.
incredible workplace to learn
Guest Services Agent/Boarding Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Ballina NSW1 June 2017
I absolutely love working hard and keeping busy, working in a team is my favourite part about customer service. I thoroughly enjoy being faced with tasks that test my efficiency, I'm always looking for new ways to improve on myself and the workplace.
Great and Friendly workplace
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Welshpool WA19 July 2016
Great place to work. All staff and management were very friendly. Only left due to having children. Would highly reccomend
Dynamic workplace where no two days are the same
Guest Services Operator (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD6 May 2016
An airline were I have learnt a great deal about the aviation sector, its challenges and demands, whilst acquiring strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Great work environment...always a lively vibe amongst co-workers and travellers.
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Airport9 November 2012
A typical day at Virgin is never 'typical'. People constantly on the move, coming and going and each one with a story to tell.
During my time at Virgin, I believe I may have mastered the art of patience.
Probably the hardest part of the job is having to deal with the occasional abusive guest on different circumstances.
What I find most enjoyable is having that team spirit and family environment that is created amongst fellow colleagues. I actually look forward to going into work.
Pros
travel benefits.