Virgin Australia Airlines Employee Review

View all Virgin Australia Airlines reviews

Great work environment...always a lively vibe amongst co-workers and travellers.
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Airport9 November 2012
A typical day at Virgin is never 'typical'. People constantly on the move, coming and going and each one with a story to tell.
During my time at Virgin, I believe I may have mastered the art of patience.
Probably the hardest part of the job is having to deal with the occasional abusive guest on different circumstances.
What I find most enjoyable is having that team spirit and family environment that is created amongst fellow colleagues. I actually look forward to going into work.
Pros
travel benefits.

Other Virgin Australia Airlines Employee Reviews

Staff travel the only reason to work here.
Pit Crew (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 July 2019
Management are all internally recruited. When you recruit managers from baggage handlers, lunch cart girls and check in people you can imagine how well the company is run.

It is affectionately known as the zoo by staff cos it is a menagerie.

Workers treated quite poorly. 5am starts, 11:15pm finishes. Whatever suits the company with zero regard for the workers personal lives.

Promotion is hard there and is a bit of a boys club but they habe a safety reporting culture. I'm all for safety but some not so bright sparks realised if you report on all your colleagues it s a sure way to be seen my management and promoted quickly. Take a Teflon vest for your back!

Having said all that the staff travel program is amazing and I thank Virgin for allowing me to travel to the places I did.

Pros
Staff travel. Working at the airport
Cons
Poor management, Early starts, Late finishes, Injuries then rushed back to work asap, Rotating roster wreaks havoc on the body clock
Loved the work culture and people
BI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 July 2019
A dream since Schooldays to work for Airlines, felt interesting to understand the Airline's operations. Friendly people and loved the work and work culture.