Virgin Australia Airlines Employee Review

View all Virgin Australia Airlines reviews

Fast paced and busy with travel benefits
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW23 December 2013
There was no such thing as a typical day at work. My shifts were at all different times in all different cities around Australia.
I learned to work with all types of personalities and worked well in high stress environments within strict time frames.
I had little to do with management except for the daily managers on board the flights. I had good report with my base manager and was nominated for a service excellence award Australia-wide.
The hardest part of the job was definitely the time zone changes and variety in shifts. With good preparation, it was easily managed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the crew and passengers which made it a fun working environment.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Alternating shift hours

Other Virgin Australia Airlines Employee Reviews

Staff travel the only reason to work here.
Pit Crew (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 July 2019
Management are all internally recruited. When you recruit managers from baggage handlers, lunch cart girls and check in people you can imagine how well the company is run.

It is affectionately known as the zoo by staff cos it is a menagerie.

Workers treated quite poorly. 5am starts, 11:15pm finishes. Whatever suits the company with zero regard for the workers personal lives.

Promotion is hard there and is a bit of a boys club but they habe a safety reporting culture. I'm all for safety but some not so bright sparks realised if you report on all your colleagues it s a sure way to be seen my management and promoted quickly. Take a Teflon vest for your back!

Having said all that the staff travel program is amazing and I thank Virgin for allowing me to travel to the places I did.

Pros
Staff travel. Working at the airport
Cons
Poor management, Early starts, Late finishes, Injuries then rushed back to work asap, Rotating roster wreaks havoc on the body clock
Loved the work culture and people
BI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 July 2019
A dream since Schooldays to work for Airlines, felt interesting to understand the Airline's operations. Friendly people and loved the work and work culture.