Virgin Australia Airlines Employee Review

View all Virgin Australia Airlines reviews

Productive and Fast Paced, never the same day twice!
Priority Assistance Migration/VISTA Agent (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD2 June 2013
Taking Guest/Travel Agent (Corporate Client)/Airport/Other contact centre calls, running around to other departments following up on all kinds of booking queries/Upskill training constantly/Coaching.

The use of many GDS product systems, through personal training and experience, and the experience of others around me i.e fellow agents and team leaders.

Hardest part, to keep busy when it's not sometimes, and sometimes discruntaled guest.

I enjoy not knowing who or where that next call is going to come from, and helping them travel to the best of my ability!
Pros
Beyond Exceeding Staff Travel Benifets
Cons
Long weekend hours when it's quite with not many calls.

Other Virgin Australia Airlines Employee Reviews

Staff travel the only reason to work here.
Pit Crew (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 July 2019
Management are all internally recruited. When you recruit managers from baggage handlers, lunch cart girls and check in people you can imagine how well the company is run.

It is affectionately known as the zoo by staff cos it is a menagerie.

Workers treated quite poorly. 5am starts, 11:15pm finishes. Whatever suits the company with zero regard for the workers personal lives.

Promotion is hard there and is a bit of a boys club but they habe a safety reporting culture. I'm all for safety but some not so bright sparks realised if you report on all your colleagues it s a sure way to be seen my management and promoted quickly. Take a Teflon vest for your back!

Having said all that the staff travel program is amazing and I thank Virgin for allowing me to travel to the places I did.

Pros
Staff travel. Working at the airport
Cons
Poor management, Early starts, Late finishes, Injuries then rushed back to work asap, Rotating roster wreaks havoc on the body clock
Loved the work culture and people
BI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 July 2019
A dream since Schooldays to work for Airlines, felt interesting to understand the Airline's operations. Friendly people and loved the work and work culture.