Virtusa

Virtusa Employee Reviews for Engineer

Engineer46 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Nice place when you are in good team

Everything was good . But HR will be unresponsive , for each one you should wait for a long time . Other than that based on your project and TL you can improve many things here

Overall everything i sgood

Overall everything is good, Its depends on the team in which you are alocated , some teams are very good friendly , adn no stress , if you stuck on any support team. it will be stressfull

Toxic Work Culture with no adherence to values.

This is my first company that I joined and I would suggest anyone joining here to please go with the different offer you have.HRs are non-responsive after you become a full time employee, they ignore queries and help at their will.Project managers have been advised from senior level, still they don't refer employees for promotion/increments/awards in the fear that employees might go over them in the ladder.Strict 90 days notice period which will affect your further scope of growth. Company projects are old with nobody knows what are they mostly working with, even seniors with 6+ years experience know less and expect you to cover them in their mistakes.

Pros

only Free Snacks

Cons

Long Hours, Politics in Culture, Lack of potential growth, Ruthless HR

Not bad!

Lot of pega opportunities, no cloud agnostic projects, no growth career wise. Pay was good compared to other service based organisation's. I had issues commuting to Fursungi office.

Best Company of my Career

I joined as a fresher and learnt almost all my skill there, had great mentors and managers there. The best life I could have, the reason for me quiting the job was ONLY the compensation. Highly recommended for people who want balanced life. Plus everything depends upon your Manager, Mentor & Client (They have pretty good accounts though).

Productive and fun environment

Virtusa is a multi-national firm that helps employees to work in a wide scope of teams in various other region. The standards it follows to manage project and overall system management helps to manage firm easily. It's a great experience I had from Virtusa (PVT) LTD.

Productive, Fun, Learning curve

This is my first global company with huge amount of employees. Still if I get a chance to work for that company I will work. Well structured Management and process from hiring process to project work. Well trained and qualified managers. Every three months team outings. We have fun time of cultural festivals, sports so many things, so many facilities chill out rooms, free lunch, transportation to door step. I worked here from 2006 to 2008 in Sri Lanka branch for USA clients.Not sure about current situation. We worked long hours but never felt tired. because very flexible when we don't have work we can go out do shopping too. We celebrate birthday parties and have fun with team friends.

Pros

Free lunch, Free transportation

virtusa work environment

My team was good. There was good work-life balance. decent work. My manager cared about the his team and was very helping when it came to coding. I had a good experience but other projects were mostly support and testing.

Very good , good exposure for new technologies.

Virtusa is a great place to work as an intermediate tech enthusiast since it provides the right exposure and the opportunity to grow and compete in the emerging tech industry. Working environment and the culture inside the company is very good. The process, planning, monitoring and feedback from client and reviewing parties are very much appreciated as an employee.

Pros

Good exposure to grow.

Good company to start the career

I have started my professional career here. It was a good experience.Learned a lot. Work culture also nice.As a fresher you can learn each and every aspect Professional career.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Virtusa?

Good Place to work

It is fast phased environment. It depends on the project and team you get it. Friendly atmosphere to work. We have to work extended hours to meet the deadline.s

Good Work Life Environment

Preferrably better place to work. Not so good in terms of Salary and benefits. HR level communication wont be much good. Culture wise good place to work.

I enjoyed working with Virtusa. I learned so many things like how to behave in the society, How to manage things, How to balance the work life and personal life, How to work with the team, What needs to be done when the problem occurs..etc. It gave me such a wonderful path to grow in may way. I got super team from Virtusa , who encourages me all the time , and supported me. it's my pleasure to working with Virtusa. I am proud to say it is the best place to learn new things, for new adventures and for new challenges.

Pros

Support

Great for out of college or lack of experience users

Provides in house training for tools. Good company to work with and you will have good learning and scope to develop your technical skills. Values: Passion, Innovation, Respect & Leadership. A type of company to work and excel your career.

Pros

Voted best place to work

Cons

Low Pay

Best place to Work!

Very high learnability on new technologies. Employees are always valued and recognized. Work culture is very competitive and fast paced. Can expect lot of over time work :D

Good experience

It’s a very good place for learning. Company will encourage the employees to learn new technologies and there is a good scope for career growth. Overall I had a good experience with Virtusa.

Productive and can learn things

The organization gives the opportunity to learn new things for the fresher and also for experienced associates. Good place to start a career as a fresher

Productive and Enjoyable work place

Freedom in working style. learned how to work in process oriented. Management are some more likely hard. Enjoyed lot in work place. am sure that i wont get it once again. seated in work place more than 9 hours.

Pros

freedom in working, event for each and every festival

Cons

Long hours, dress codes, foods.

Good for Freshers

Good for Freshers. Good place to learn and grow. Good place to get recognition for your efforts Good work Environments Worst part of the company is HR policies, they are like a stone in a blind person hand. Overnight HR policies may change Technology based salary like if you work testing you will get less salary but you work on Niche skill you will get good salary more than market

Pros

Good for Freshers, Good place to learn and grow., Good place to get recognition for your efforts, Good work Environments

Cons

Worst part of the company is HR policies, they are like a stone in a blind person hand., Overnight HR policies may change

ok

It's good to work and freshers can learn the things and improve their skills through virtusa Consulting servcies. Finally every thing is good. Management also very good .

leisure work place

Leisure work place. We can stick into same technology and learn deeper in it. You can interact with people around work place. We can expose our talent within our company.

Pros

leisure work place

Cons

delayed promotions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virtusa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Virtusa with

Learn about Virtusa in popular locations

• Virtusa