Vision Australia Employee Reviews

WHS/Payroll Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 July 2018
Vision Australia was a great place to work, supportive employer, flexible working environment and fantastic people, Vision Australia values such as Person Centeredness and Accountability are core values for me
Not happy with management
Employment specialist (Current Employee) –  Barton ACT 260023 May 2018
Felt that the culture at VA was narrow and incestous only if you got along with the gang then you were accepted. No support for work that I was doing alone.
Work in my own time and lovely social environment.
Home assessor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 January 2018
I enjoyed one on one contact with the Aged. I did not enjoy staff contact. Management were not encouraging or supportive. Learned good attention to detail such as record keeping and case notes.
Pros
Contact with clients
Excellent workplace
co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 June 2017
Within teams there is a very supportive environment, however with challenges of NDIS and My Aged Care a flatter management structure has been implemented with the result being that there is little or no job advancement or promotional prospects.
good first job
Administration Officer (AO2) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 February 2017
When i started working at Vision Australia as an administration intern it was great but towards the end of my employment i found that things became quite difficult.
Pros
great location
Cons
low salary for interns
Positive and engaging Workplace assisting the community.
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kooyong and Kensington12 January 2017
Vision Australia is a non-for-profit organisation that provides essential services to vision impaired and blind people. As Quality Analyst for our National Contact Center, I monitor calls with our clients for quality and training purposes. My role is to play a key part in providing feedback on the performance of our telephone agents to help them improve their skills, which in turn ensures our clients are having the best possible experience when they contact us for assistance of any kind. Each day I also look into our processes and investigate any knowledge gaps and research and report to team leaders on these matters. The hardest part of the job is of course delivering unfavorable feedback, however, this turns out as a positive in helping the agent to advance and in the flow on benefit to clients. From time to time catching in issue before it becomes a problem helps deliver a positive experience for our clients, so clearly I enjoy the moments when I have a direct impact. I take pride in delivering person centered, and agile contributions with a willingness to help the client whilst being accountable and applying procedures judiciously whilst not losing sight of opportunities to think outside the box to attain the best outcome.
Pros
A person centered, agile, accountable, collaborative, commercially focussed workplace.
Cons
From time to time affected by resourcing limits.
Currently Working through a period of change
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Coorparoo Brisbane QLD19 December 2016
Great place for the right person. Though within the Not-for-Profit sector, accountability and flexibility is key to success within this Sector leading Organisation.
Pros
Work Life Balance achievable
Cons
NDIS will create for front line staff a 7 day a week customer centred roster
Good place to work with very friendly staff members
Receptionist/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton NSW25 October 2016
A very busy area of work indeed. I enjoyed the busy office work & the people i met there , my main issue was the fact it was only voluntary work.
Pros
Looking after guide dogs during meetings
Cons
It was voluntary work
Hope its improved.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield NSW26 July 2016
A lot of office politics and the pay was so lousy, I didn't want to come to work in the morning.

I was glad when they didn't renew my contract.
Pros
Some decent people who believed in what they were doing.
Cons
Too much restructuring and job insecurity.
Satisfying place to work at
Product Supply Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kooyong VIC21 April 2016
Not a lot of variety in the job after awhile, needs more room for development. If you are happy doing the same thing all day and not developing your career than this is the job for you.
Pros
Close to publice transport
Cons
no room for development
Rewarding helping the Vision impaired, fun environment making friends
Relief warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC21 September 2015
My time at Vision Australia Enterprises was rewarding in many ways, helping the vision impaired carry out their daily work, my warehouse responsibilities and delivery of goods to various customers.
It was a very busy and varied work environment which made my time there interesting, busy and productive.
My employment unfortunately ceased in March 2014 due to the closure of Vision Australia Enterprises.
Pros
Rewarding e.g helping vision impaired, busy
Cons
The Closure
Quiet and great team ethics
Invoice clerk (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC16 May 2015
I enjoyed working with the accounts department and the people were friendly and very helpful.
My hours were flexible
lots of laughs
Senior Recruitment Consultant - versatile
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Vic29 October 2014
This role requried me to develop strong business relationships with General Managers of specific business streams. As the organisation was undergoing major organsitional, cultural and structural change it required constant communication with teams to manage the process and also the ability to develop workshops for teams to manage their transition to a new model of service delivery.

I found my role to be exciting and enjoyed the managers I was responsible for and the organsition invested time and money for me to complete the Certificate 1V Workplace Training and Assessment and to be a Certified Myers Briggs Practitioner.

The most difficult aspect of the role is advising people that their position is redundant and confront the consequence of that for them and their families.
Pros
Great Benefits and Life Work Balance
Cons
Funding subjected to Government Policies
Great environment but ready for something new
Admin Support Officer, Finance (Current Employee) –  Sydney14 September 2014
Fun place to work but limited chances to advance. I have been fortunate and been able to do a variety of different roles but these roles although have been great opportunity to increase my knowledge, have only been for short terms.

Definitely ready for a change in pace and environment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No advancement. Under paid
Service provision to people who are blind or have low vision
Manager Canberra/Orange (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT andOrange, NSW3 September 2014
Vision Australia was a great place to work until eighteen months ago.
Pros
Collaborative teams.
Cons
Long hours and lots of travel
Relaxed place to work.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kooyong, Victoria.4 July 2014
Got on extremenly well with staff, and some of the management. Treated the Volunteers well.
Community Centres
Reception/Office Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Queensland20 November 2013
A typical day at work was assisting the Community Service staff with their administration needs.
Productive fun environment
Employment Consultant - Post Placement Support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton16 July 2013
Very busy environment, although fun every day. Hardest part of my job is educating Employers about Low Vision Blindness