Vision Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vision Australia Employee Reviews

Australia27 reviews
Vision Australia
Needs to find more clients for the staff they hire, have a better program for the staff to use with reporting hours and mileage so no mistakes are made
It was fun working with other people who are different from you
I enjoy my time at the vision Australia. I was happy to work with them and they are so friendly people to be around and you get to have some respect for them as well
Friendly place
Friendly and relaxed culture, a service orientated business, that looks after sight impaired persons, providing them with the tools and guidance to live their life to the fullest.
Very friendly and dinamic team and collaborative
I've been volunteer at Vision Australia for a while now and I really enjoy it. I volunteer in the Finance Team and the people there are very friendly and professional. I highly recommend Vision Australia to anyone who is interested in working or volunteer in this company.
Good company culture
Good collaborative culture however somewhat restrictive work processes means that work is fixed with little opportunity to work creatively. Organised teamwork is positive.
Pros
Organised
Cons
Restrictive work processes
Team working does not exist amongst employees
Work intensification, work overload, expectations keep increasing, working hours over and beyond what is required for position.
Team morale down

Travelling distances ridiculous at times
Exciting and educational workplace in which you are helping a select part of the community. are assisting a select part of the community
The organisation is a great learning ground for insight into community support organisations. The great work done despite dependency on available funding is a credit to the dedicated resources that support the operations.
The talent, expertise and determination to improve the living standards and skills of the vision impaired community is exemplary.

Project culture lags but manages reasonably well given the resource restrictions and challenges in serving their audience.

The teams and management are a joy and the organisation culture is excellent.
Pros
Work culture and great colleagues.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations in some instances.
Good
Not very applicable as volunteer role.

The most enjoyable part of the role was learning things and also teaching others.

A typical day at work is to follow up and research information as required.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vision Australia?
Very caring work place
Never had I experienced a work place where people care more about their clients. Unfortunately, the organasiation is severely under funded and under resourced so staff are over worked with duties due to lack of support. Volunteers fill gaps where they can but only to an extent.
Vision Australia was a great place to work, supportive employer, flexible working environment and fantastic people, Vision Australia values such as Person Centeredness and Accountability are core values for me
Not happy with management
Felt that the culture at VA was narrow and incestous only if you got along with the gang then you were accepted. No support for work that I was doing alone.
Work in my own time and lovely social environment.
I enjoyed one on one contact with the Aged. I did not enjoy staff contact. Management were not encouraging or supportive. Learned good attention to detail such as record keeping and case notes.
Pros
Contact with clients
Excellent workplace
Within teams there is a very supportive environment, however with challenges of NDIS and My Aged Care a flatter management structure has been implemented with the result being that there is little or no job advancement or promotional prospects.
good first job
When i started working at Vision Australia as an administration intern it was great but towards the end of my employment i found that things became quite difficult.
Pros
great location
Cons
low salary for interns
Positive and engaging Workplace assisting the community.
Vision Australia is a non-for-profit organisation that provides essential services to vision impaired and blind people. As Quality Analyst for our National Contact Center, I monitor calls with our clients for quality and training purposes. My role is to play a key part in providing feedback on the performance of our telephone agents to help them improve their skills, which in turn ensures our clients are having the best possible experience when they contact us for assistance of any kind. Each day I also look into our processes and investigate any knowledge gaps and research and report to team leaders on these matters. The hardest part of the job is of course delivering unfavorable feedback, however, this turns out as a positive in helping the agent to advance and in the flow on benefit to clients. From time to time catching in issue before it becomes a problem helps deliver a positive experience for our clients, so clearly I enjoy the moments when I have a direct impact. I take pride in delivering person centered, and agile contributions with a willingness to help the client whilst being accountable and applying procedures judiciously whilst not losing sight of opportunities to think outside the box to attain the best outcome.
Pros
A person centered, agile, accountable, collaborative, commercially focussed workplace.
Cons
From time to time affected by resourcing limits.
Currently Working through a period of change
Great place for the right person. Though within the Not-for-Profit sector, accountability and flexibility is key to success within this Sector leading Organisation.
Pros
Work Life Balance achievable
Cons
NDIS will create for front line staff a 7 day a week customer centred roster
Good place to work with very friendly staff members
A very busy area of work indeed. I enjoyed the busy office work & the people i met there , my main issue was the fact it was only voluntary work.
Pros
Looking after guide dogs during meetings
Cons
It was voluntary work
Hope its improved.
A lot of office politics and the pay was so lousy, I didn't want to come to work in the morning.

I was glad when they didn't renew my contract.
Pros
Some decent people who believed in what they were doing.
Cons
Too much restructuring and job insecurity.
Satisfying place to work at
Not a lot of variety in the job after awhile, needs more room for development. If you are happy doing the same thing all day and not developing your career than this is the job for you.
Pros
Close to publice transport
Cons
no room for development
Rewarding helping the Vision impaired, fun environment making friends
My time at Vision Australia Enterprises was rewarding in many ways, helping the vision impaired carry out their daily work, my warehouse responsibilities and delivery of goods to various customers.
It was a very busy and varied work environment which made my time there interesting, busy and productive.

My employment unfortunately ceased in March 2014 due to the closure of Vision Australia Enterprises.
Pros
Rewarding e.g helping vision impaired, busy
Cons
The Closure
Quiet and great team ethics
I enjoyed working with the accounts department and the people were friendly and very helpful.
My hours were flexible

lots of laughs
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vision Australia. Our community is ready to answer.