Vita Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vita Group Employee Reviews

Australia22 reviews
Working for Vita Group provided a great, diverse environment with opportunities to excel. There also are many great people you will meet along your journey!
I've loved my time so far with Vita, across different areas of our business and in different teams. Its the Vita Values and culture that makes Vita great. It is a fast paced, high pressure environment, with a supportive and collaborative team focused on development and success. I would highly recommend Vita as an employer.
Case of do what ever it takes to sell to customers regardless if it is right for them.Keep moving goalposts to reduce commissions to sales consultants
Good learning environment helpful staff and managers no what they are doing and are very supportive. Great support from Vita group and good traing in Brisbane
This company has extremely high expectations of sale targets and general targets. You can do your absolute best, to only be “coached” and told to do better or there’s the door. They take your life outside work to no consideration and want you to be always available to work. Constant missed breaks, unpaid overtime and the expectations to do online learning at home in free time - unpaid. The one thing that was a joke is the care the company had with staff health and mental health from such a high pressure, stressful job. It was more about the scare tactics of conversations of are you fit for your role, or are you actually trying conversations. Finally, I personally worked extremely hard in my role, to only always be put down and told It wasn’t good enough. Highly recommended not to work for this company If you value your health, and self esteem!
The culture is awful, and expectations on sales consultants is unfair and unrealistic. The amount of "training" is excessive and unnecessary. If you are a slow learner you will be fired within your first two months. Turn over rate is crazy high, says a lot.
The company is completely focused on making money it doesn’t matter if it’s a little old lady they want you to rip everyone off!! I assure you i’m not a disgruntled employee this is a warning to anyone that is honest stay away! I worked at Vitagroup’s Telstra stores for 6 months and left because when you don’t sell dishonestly you are looked upon as a underperformer. The weekly coaching sessions are simply either lectures on why you are t ripping enough people off or master classes on deceiving people Trust me stay away if you have any integrity and self respect this is not the place for you they will take advantage of anyone they possibly can.
Meeting Sales Targets
Selling Mobile Phones and all other smart devices on contracts to customers

Communicate with customers to resolve complaints or ensure satisfaction

Always offering a consult to the customer to make sure the customer is on the right and best solution

Helping customers if they need to recharge their Prepaid Mobile Phones and or their Mobile Broadband and by putting their prepaid credit Recharge Voucher onto their devices for the customers

Helping customers pay their bills by printing their bills off if the customer don’t have the bill with them and then paying them through the computer program for paying customer bills
Productive and fun workplace with a beautiful large lunch/party area with the outdoor section for staff to have fun with coworkers or quiet time on their own.
There are always fun activities planned by the company for staff to attend, so it is a well-balanced environment.

Management is very approachable, understanding and cooperative.

I enjoy going to work every morning cause it is a fun place to be in.

It will be sad and very hard for me when my time with the company comes to its end and I will have to say goodbye to all the friend I made here.
Advice - Don't work for Vita.. Get a sales role reporting to Telstra.

Vita group is all about the profit. Poor management and poor training in the sales industry. Employees are favourited among the pack.

Really cringy unproductive morning meetings where a 19-year-old will tell you how to sell more as they had a better week than you last week.

Almost forced to add on accessories bundles onto customers new contracts without the customer knowing. If you actually try to sell the "hidden" bundle honourably to the customer you get "coached" on how to "sell". One time - following vita groups way of being a "sales pro" hiding things in contracts resulting me almost getting into a fistfight with a customer. That was the last straw for me.

The commission is a joke. You have an unrealistic target of selling 4k on a 5-hour shift and if you don't you get no coms.
Pros
Young staff environment
Cons
Micro managed Poor incentives Poor training Unrealistic sales expectations
standard sales environment, fast paced and high stress environment,
Must be able to get along with big personality types as team motivated by sales environment.

Must know how to handle complains from customers and sometimes aggravated and hostile people.

Can earn big $$$. paid on customer service and metrics

You get what you work for.

Good opportunity to grow within business if you fit criteria and put in the effort.

continuous on the job learning- must be a fast learner. sink or swim

hard sales and target figures.
Got thrown from store to store with little support on how to dothe job, unless you push products customers dont need you dont qualify as a good sales person to keep your job.
Pros
Quit
Cons
Being employed to begin with
No progression in career as promised. No self development as you need to be in the business for 3 years before getting anything.
The hungrier and smarter you are the more management try to suppress you. Going to chamber events unpaid while manager goes home threatens your job with it. Un secure manner of keeping stock, things go missing and it gets blamed on you. Customers treated like rubbish if they don't like it they can go. NO compassion for the small business customer. Only people who do shonky deals make commission. Best is you win prizes and incentives management find a way to make it as if you have done it illegally then keep prizes for themselves. I have had multiple gift cards delivered by post but been missing while manager accepts all deliveries. Waste of time if you are serious about building a career stay away. Also if you can read financial reports then look at the finances of company and tell me how they can pay so low and have multiple error on payslip they they do not remember despite the array of systems. ABSOLUTE JOKE! Telstra needs to monitor this shonky mob.
Pros
I quit my job
Cons
Unpaid over time, management forces you into being their little puppet, or they will pin something on you to shatter your integrity.
A fast paced retail environment, where no week was ever the same and never boring in such an ever-evolving telco environment. The people, vibe and my immediate team made it all worthwhile.
Pros
The great team & people
Cons
Telco retail challenges
Great place i love coming into work everyday, great vibe and happy people, Vita has given me so many opportunities to grow not only a career but my personal brand as well
Pros
Great culture and weekly incentives
Cons
non i love my job
Company has a bad culture. No career progression as stated when applying. Only available to people who go along with dodgy selling to innocent customers. No work life balance. Often no lunches had. This isn't all. To much to mention and not prepared to waste anymore of my time with this company. Look after your people and stop focusing on the money.
Pros
Cons
Lots
it was okay, no one really communicated and it was very stiff upper lips and nose to the sky atmosphere when i was in the building, there was no spice in the air
I learnt a lot at Telstra. Basically looked after the entire administration for that particular shop from the very start (since it was a new shop).The work culture was very product driven.The best part about the job was I was in control of the back of office and I loved it and felt empowered.
Pros
empowering
Cons
workplace culture
My time at Vita Group was very enjoyable, the team are very enthusiastic and encouraging. It’s an ever-changing environment and you must be on the ball always. The pay is great and the commission are achievable. I recommend Vita to anyone who is looking to challenge themselves.
Pros
Ongoing learning
Cons
High expectations
interesting work place with the ability to interact with people from all walks of life an cultures, good work place for the sales minded.
Pros
cake on birthdays
Cons
some cons
plenty of room for advancement, friendly staff, willing to transfer exceptional staff to other stores and provide advance training when needed.

hardest part of the job was customer expectations of you being able to just solve every issue they had with their provider at a press of a button.

funnest part was meeting new staff in new stores and being awarded for hard work, vita also would put their hand in to help you were ever you needed without a second thought.