VITAMIX Employee Reviews

Bad management
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OH11 July 2019
I have been with company over 5 years. I have seen changes not for the better. I used to enjoy going to work but now it's just a paycheck. Management is just awful. The company used to be about their employees now it seems it's more for profit. Their benefits are great though but the stress to produce at an unhealthy pace is driving good employees away. The pay is no longer competitive either. Management needs a good overhaul.
Pros
Benefits, matching 401k, paid sick and vacation
Cons
Management, favoritism, different treatment between shifts
El sueldo pues la lleva
promovendedora (Current Employee) –  Edo. de México8 July 2019
La empresa absorbe demasiado tiempo aveces trabajas mas horas de lo debido, dias sin descanso, y el favoritismo hacia los clientes es evidente, a mi me corrieron con 5 meses de embarazo. No se tentaron el corazón.
What it was like working here
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OH7 April 2019
I've worked for Vitamix for about 7 months and its not the job that makes it bad but the people. The employees are extremely immature HR tries there hardest but problems sometimes never get solved. Managers have inappropriate relationships with employees. In all honesty its like being in high school and having to hear about who's sleeping with who and who wants to fight who all the time.
Pros
Free Blender after 90 days
Cons
The unprofessional people
Poor management. Unfair point system.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH23 March 2019
If you want 50hr work weeks with no ability to grow this place is for you. Could take up to 2 years to get hired in. Miss a day = point. Clock in late = point. 3 points you’re out.
Pros
Clean environment. Simple but tideous work.
Cons
You won’t get hired in unless you’re a work slave
Collaborative and easy-going workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH20 March 2019
Vitamix was a good place to work, they are flexible with schedules and will take the time to get to know you and give you the proper tools/jobs that will allow you to be an effective worker.
Terrible place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH10 March 2019
Do NOT work at the Strongsville location!!! I was working as a temp and received a call from the temp agency i worked for saying that they wanted me to be released due tl not following safety policy which is a lie. I was only there a week and was reminded 2 or 3 times to put my safety glasses on. It was right after a break and I didnt even start working yet and someone was telling me to put them on which I always did. It was only those few times. That is all I ever did wrong and no supervisor or manager ever had to talk to me about that or anything else. My orientation was only one and a half hours long and I had to start right away I was barely trained but I picked up extremely fast and I worked at a fast-paced every day. I would say that I was a pretty good worker and I worked my butt off for that company and didn't deserve to be let go over being reminded to put my safety glasses on a few times. And people forgot every day to put them on and we're always reminded including some of the leads. People always come back late from brakes and are on their cell phones on the line and not following any of the policies yet nothing is said and they're being hired in and promoted. So there is a lot of favoritism and terrible terrible terrible management at this location at Vitamix. One girl was extremely sick and they would not allow her to leave or she was going to be fired because she had no points left. So she had to stay at work sick as a dog throwing up constantly. When I first started I actually like the job because it was fast paced and it made the day go by fast and I also liked  more... the work I did but as far as that whole company they're very crooked and not fair. I was shocked when I got the call that I was being let go. The temp agency even emailed the company because he said that it was not a good enough reason to get rid of somebody.  less
Pros
Stayed busy, night went by fast
Cons
Short breaks, bad management, treated unfairly, favoritism, lack of communication, rude people
Over worked
Product Demonstrator and Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV21 February 2019
Over worked, absolutely no work life balance, and no opportunities to advance within the organization, very difficult to get last minute time off for family emergencies.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401k
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance
Do not work 3rd shift
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH23 January 2019
After about a few days of working there I thought how in the world could anyone new stay here... I hardly new the different line managers names because they made ZERO effort to introduce themselves or the people you would need to depend on the get these big orders together. When something went wrong or someone screwed up .... they just said something quick to you then proceed to rag on you behind your back .... I heard alot of stuff about employees I didnt even know... just from listening to the way they spoke about each other, behind their backs... it was pretty terrible and it's just grunt work. If you eed a quick buck ...do it but you've been warned
Pros
Get to wear sweats
Cons
Everything else
Vitamix
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OH10 January 2019
The blender maybe a good product. But Vitamix is bad employment. Their attendance policy sucks. Once get 3 points in 90 days or 8 points in one year you will get fired. That is like saying if you get really sick you must come in and get everyone else sick. May have certain things but more likely won't get anything. Supervisors may be all nice but not as nice as they may seem. Give low income for all employees and only get 3 percent raises.
It’s clean but there’s a lot of favoritism
Assembly I (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OH28 December 2018
I been working in Vitamix for 3 years. It’s a really clean place for a factory but we work a lot. I’ve been working 6 days a week for 3 months or so plus working 9 hours. If you want to deal with this go ahead and apply. There is a lot of attitude and favoritism!!! If you’re good in a station they will keep you there no matter if it’s hard because they won’t care about you. They start you at 11 as a temp and once you’re hired in (with it takes like a year) 11.25. I’ve been hired in almost three years and haven’t got promoted but I’m a good worker. They give you really low raises like 25 cents or so every year. There point system sucks and forgot to mention there’s a bit of racism.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Short breaks and you work a lot
Terrible Place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH17 December 2018
They say “Family Oriented,” that is completely a lie. They say you will work occasional Saturday’s, which is also a lie. After working for over four months, I was off two Saturday’s. They work you like a peasant and the top management doesn’t care at all. Stop letting Amazon ruin your morals, if you don’t have the employees to complete an order, I recommend having better work procedures. Also, they’ll make you work an hour over your shift, because people are always leaving or getting fired. They have a point system and if you get three points in 90 days you are let go. So, tell me why one day is a point for my kids medical appointment and when I get the flu, since this happens in Ohio, you let someone go? So, you are telling me, you would like to have someone come in completely drained, and possibility getting others sick. I don’t recommend this company to anyone and I will make sure to tell everyone to stay away from your products. Also, letting someone go around Christmas that was a dedicated employee and did extra 12 hour shifts, is sad. Keep your morals the same and people will learn to stay away. Please stay away from this company.
Pros
Let me think....money, if you need quick money.
Cons
Short breaks, working long hours, and six days a week. Family oriented, but hey, you don’t need to see your kids, because the top management need to fill large Amazon orders so they can become more rich.
worst place ever the strongsville location
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH15 December 2018
absolute worst place i ever worked full of weird hipsters cosplay cry babies had to hear their voices in my ear everyday because of the tight working space plus a guy that worked there his breathe smelled so bad it made you sick you could smell it in the whole surrounding area and the weird people would get offended if you said something about it
Good Company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH8 December 2018
Good company to work for and they try hard to please their employees but they were having a high turn over rate and it's very fast pace working on the line. The job is not for anyone, if are an older person, you probably wont last unless you can keep up. Most of the people working there are young and some have very little work experience because of their age. If you are a good and fast worker and can do the hard stations on the line, you are going to get used and abused while others seem to be able to get by on just the easy stations. Training new people seems to take a back seat because the main goal is to get your quota number for the day, so in return it takes a long time to train new people on every station. Everyone is suppose to be able to do every station but that just is not the case. If you can keep up on the hard stations then you're going to spend a lot of time there and you're going to be a whole lot more tired at the end of the day. Being a good worker is not always a good thing at this job because you will find yourself working a lot harder then most of the people on the line.
Pros
Good company over all
Cons
The work load is not always balanced among the people on the line
Assembly line
ASSEMBLER II (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH22 October 2018
Its is a fast paced company that is willing to train you to be your best. I learned how to proerly insoect the machine before it is shipped out to the customer.
Pros
Discounts
Love Drama Work Here
Temp (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH22 September 2018
Tough and Stressful workplace with a lot of drama, clicks, and favortism. Not to mention poor management. Worst place to work in my opinion. If and when you report to management take proof with you such as video or audio recording because if you don't the situation could be flipped on you then you are considered being a trouble maker and it could be grounds let you go. That is how conflicts are handled at Vitamix just be careful.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Repetitive work, two faced employees, high school childish clicks
good
Fix vitamix blender (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH11 September 2018
good place to start, and to meet different culture, the job is not hard, but I was looking for something that I was able to help people. like in the medical field.
Terrible
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OH24 July 2018
This company I wouldn't recommend to anyone. No room for advancement unless you clique with people in groups. They try to fire you for anything or threaten to fire you. Was not a good work experience at all.
productive and fun workplace
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH19 July 2018
had fun working each day, day went by quick, work was easy, air conditioned. unfortunately it was just a temporary job, would have liked to stay full time but it takes up to # years to get hired in.
Pros
air conditioned
Cons
takes years to get hired in
terrible
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  California14 July 2018
Minimum wage Job . Hard to make commission when they are not on sale .
Expect to work 10-17 consecutive days with 3 days off in between . You will be a slave . You will run down your car . You will have no life .
Management is cool and very helpful but the pay is not up to them so it's all on the higher ups .
You can make 60k if you work every single day 60-70hrs a week .
Pros
Okay Benefits
Cons
Too many hours, terrible commission, no paid vacation
Exciting company to work for
Sales Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Township of Olmsted, OH8 July 2018
Great company to work for. Get to meet a lot of people and provide them an incredible product that will have a huge impact on their health. Travel is extensive and hours can be long at times.
Pros
Travel
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VITAMIX. Our community is ready to answer.