Viterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Viterra Employee Reviews

Australia50 reviews
A very hands on active job, covering and securing the produce (grain) keeping up to date to make sure we don't lose any of the product due to weather or animals and keeping everything clean due to health and safety. Depending on the season up to 8 to 10 hour shift, consisting of 6 days a week, but in saying that a very enjoyable working environment with great supervisor's and management. Learnt to work in a fast past environment developing my manual/labour skills, building my team leadership skills and becoming more confident to sharing my input and ideas with the working crew.
it was a causal job just for the 2018 harvest and it was a very good job. They days were slow as the harvest was slow that year however the work was easy and the work place was relaxed
Usually time is spent cleaning around the site, which is simple for the good pay of a harvest casual. Easy to learn the required responsibilities. Can become stressful when busy, however after gaining experience that becomes far less stressful.
Was a good job for the time it lasted. Pity the 2018-2019 harvest season was so short.
Would have done it again had I been available, and the Walpeup site not been closed down.
Good for uni/school students to earn good money over holidays. Harvest doesn't last long but you get lots of work while it does. Good environment to work in.
Good Place to work at. The most enjoyable part of the work was working with everyone in a team.
Most of the people will be in charge of handling income of grain, and that is done outside under the sun.
Pros
Free accomodation
Cons
Working hours varies depending on harvest
I learnt new experience with portable grain hopper, the trainer were very kind and friendly. The common problem was wind and dust, but I had no problem with that
Cons
Weekend on and long hours
Love working at Viterra staff very mannered my father passed away this year and I needed time off and they were very understanding.i felt bad taking the time off but I had to say my good byes
A fantastic experience all round, from initial interview through the training and the waiting with baited breath, to an end result which is both slow and fast paced, competitive at times and engaging. I learnt a lot and shared a lot.
Will be back next season.
Working at viterra is great you have lots of different jobs to keep you busy and interested, there are slow days like other jobs but the staff there try to keep you occupied
Good to expend knowledge about grain industry.

Superior and senior crews are very experienced and good in lecture and sharing knowledges, learned a lot from them and really good peoples to work with.

Unfortunately I've had bad experience for getting unfair roster and arrangements. Was assigned to work on the most busy period by just myself in the unit which doesn't really make sense to put all the workloads and stress on top of one employee (although I have the capability to overcome it). Been doing the job perfectly but still getting less hours than other new comers crews thats still not fully confidence for the role, requested to management for at lease getting a normal work hours but the arrangement only becoming worse. The management has given a very frustrated feeling of dosent matter how good I've been work I'm just a "disposable" worker comparing to others that has more chance to work on shift due to vehicle sharing, sad to say parasitic behaviour has better advantage nowdays.

Feeling frustrated everyday for working under unfair arrangements, not a workplace to gain sense of achievement.
Hot dusty, covered in chaff, or sweeping up spilt grain.
Monotonous work toward end of harvest, but some one has to do it.

Would definitely do it again if re employed.
Good money in short time,
minimal expence as well as minimal facillities - living in a bonker.

the job is not hard but the wethear is extreme due to big heay waves.

managment is great and the colleagues as well
Viterra Bowmans is located 100km north of Adelaide. I have worked there over the last 2 harvest periods and have really enjoyed it. Provides a variety of tasks to complete and a great way to earn money fast. well suited to uni students.
Cons
Viterra its a great play to work its fun. dusty / cleaning dust / shovelling grain a tonne or 2.. keep you busy.. keep your area clean dust free grain free making shore there is no grain bugs. working in heat waves. dipping cell with a laser to see how much left to fill silo
Pros
half an hour for lunch not paid
Cons
38hours or more
After many years of giving up weekends and public holidays and starting at 2am with no recognition of the effort and time put in I decided to move on.
Pros
Was close to home
Cons
The rules kept changing
They hired too many people turning the harvest and made two shifts and what happened, there is no work at all. Some week you work just 1-2 days, most days varies 4-6 hours but you will never know when to work or not. They trying to avoid overtime. Don´t recommend for saving money.
Pros
Free accommodation, free work clothes, nice people
Cons
Small salary, not much work hours
My experience with viterra was excellent. I met some incredible people and made a lot of good friend's. The company itself is very proactive and very proud of their safety standards which I like. A company who's main concern is truly the safety of every employee everyday. I learned so much through the companies training programs and also gained licences I did not have before my employment at viterra. Overall I thought it was an enjoyable and fair experience with pretty good wages.
Pros
Employee training programs.
Cons
Dust/Chaff.
The company is good if you can actually manage to get a permanent position to begin with. They tend to overlook their long-term casuals for majority of the permanent positions that arise (if they even get advertised to begin with) in favor of external applicants who often have little to no industry experience. If you get employed as a casual, be financially prepared for periods of little to no work depending on which site or region you're in.
Pros
Reasonable wage
Cons
Very difficult to gain a permanent job if you start as a casual employee
Good place to work, hours were good (when it wasn't raining, couldn't work when it rained), management were very helpful and kind.

Lived on site, accom was good enough considering it was free.

Pay was good, I'm from the UK so I probably would think that about Australian wages though

I'd consider working here again if I had to at one point
Viterra was a really great job while it was owned by ABB . but after Viterra had taken over we had suffered massive budget cuts and at some stages was almost impossible to obtain maintenance money to fix machinery
Pros
brilliant work staff, reasonably good pay
Cons
budget cuts substandard machinery