Viterra Employee Reviews

viterra
Harvest worker (Former Employee) –  Thevenard SA23 February 2019
Viterra its a great play to work its fun. dusty / cleaning dust / shovelling grain a tonne or 2.. keep you busy.. keep your area clean dust free grain free making shore there is no grain bugs. working in heat waves. dipping cell with a laser to see how much left to fill silo
Pros
half an hour for lunch not paid
Cons
38hours or more
Worked hard
Operator (Former Employee) –  Rudall SA3 January 2019
After many years of giving up weekends and public holidays and starting at 2am with no recognition of the effort and time put in I decided to move on.
Pros
Was close to home
Cons
The rules kept changing
Not much hours, small salary
Grain harvest casual (Former Employee) –  Wudinna, SA29 November 2018
They hired too many people turning the harvest and made two shifts and what happened, there is no work at all. Some week you work just 1-2 days, most days varies 4-6 hours but you will never know when to work or not. They trying to avoid overtime. Don´t recommend for saving money.
Pros
Free accommodation, free work clothes, nice people
Cons
Small salary, not much work hours
A Great Learning Opportunity.
Country Operator. (Former Employee) –  Tailem Bend SA20 September 2018
My experience with viterra was excellent. I met some incredible people and made a lot of good friend's. The company itself is very proactive and very proud of their safety standards which I like. A company who's main concern is truly the safety of every employee everyday. I learned so much through the companies training programs and also gained licences I did not have before my employment at viterra. Overall I thought it was an enjoyable and fair experience with pretty good wages.
Pros
Employee training programs.
Cons
Dust/Chaff.
It could be a lot better
Casual (Current Employee) –  SA8 August 2018
The company is good if you can actually manage to get a permanent position to begin with. They tend to overlook their long-term casuals for majority of the permanent positions that arise (if they even get advertised to begin with) in favor of external applicants who often have little to no industry experience. If you get employed as a casual, be financially prepared for periods of little to no work depending on which site or region you're in.
Pros
Reasonable wage
Cons
Very difficult to gain a permanent job if you start as a casual employee
Grain Harvest Casual (Former Employee) –  South Australia2 August 2018
Good place to work, hours were good (when it wasn't raining, couldn't work when it rained), management were very helpful and kind.

Lived on site, accom was good enough considering it was free.

Pay was good, I'm from the UK so I probably would think that about Australian wages though

I'd consider working here again if I had to at one point
Great pay, high sacrifice
Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  Adelaide Ports5 May 2018
Job and pay itself is great, but due to the rostering system or lack of, this job is not recommended if you want any sort of family or social life. Their is a high work-work balance.
Pros
Salary, actual work
Cons
no work-life balance
Great People and enjoyed my time there.
Labourer (Casual) Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Crystal Brook SA19 March 2018
An experience where i learned about myself and pushed myself to limits i was not aware of and discovered a different side of myself. i enjoyed working with the boys and hope to go back this year for seasonal work again!! Hi everyone!
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
unfortunately the season ended early due to too much rain
Hardworking environment with rewarding physical and financial outcomes
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tailem Bend SA31 July 2017
The work may be hot, tedious and difficult. However, after the first two weeks of harvest you learn to take it as it comes. You have the opportunity to work outside, to gain physical strength and also a tan. The pay may come across as slightly low for the work being undertaken, however it is more than enough to see you through the weeks.
Pros
Working outside, Good sense of camaraderie, Possibility for permanent work
Cons
Long hours, Hot and Dusty working conditions
Learning new experiences
Weighbridge Operator (Former Employee) –  Gladstone SA7 June 2017
New experiences with great people working as a team and on your own with new skills. Work hours were decent and shifts were fair. Good seasonal work for the summer
aussie rules and crickett swinnind and divining
Labourer - Grain Harvest (Former Employee) –  Port Lincoln SA5 December 2016
I love to work and am a work well with others and willing to learn from other in the role that is given to myself I would to love have the opportunity to work along side some other field in some different work
Good workplace
Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Pirie SA22 November 2016
A good chance to use different machinery. Meet new people and learn a lot more about the farming industry. A good job to get me through the summer as I seek an electrical apprenticeship.
productive
labourer (Former Employee) –  Ardrossan SA22 May 2016
weigh trucks as they enter weighbridge then enter details in computer and letting driver know where to drop off.
when trucks have finished then weigh truck and enter entry into computer and give driver the receipt
Cons
season work
Being seasonal work, it gave me the opportunity to work outside.
Assist in ground sheet layout and stitching (Former Employee) –  Port Wakefield SA2 March 2016
Early start each day, to lay ground tarps and prepare new tarps for welding, Both over the existing wheat bunkers and on the ground.

The Knowledge gained from the experience, can only expand once work practices for other task or duties in other work employment opportunities.

Task set were already set end of day for the next working day by the manger/ supervisor and conveyed to all.

Co Workers being students all worked for the harvest only to co support the tuition for following year.

Their was no hard part to the any task under taken, with all material data read signed and passed back before commencing the actual job at hand. Safety is at the very highest on the Companies policy.

The most enjoyable part of the Job(s) personnaly, is expanding ones
knowledge base AND skill sets, with additional skills in use may assist with other professions later.
Administartor assistant
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Footscray VIC10 January 2016
Loved working here as I was left to run the office along with Husband( store manager). I also helped in there store and liased with head office in Adelaide.
Made some good friends and still are
Pros
lovely staff/reps
Cons
new managemnet came
Good workplace
Classifier (Former Employee) –  Karoonda, SA4 December 2015
Fun work place with really nice and helpful staff. I was only there for two and a half weeks but I really enjoyed my time and working there. The staff are really nice people I'm glad I got the opportunity to work there.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Amazing workplace with great co-workers and bosses that care.
General Hand (Former Employee) –  South Australia, Tailem Bend29 June 2015
work was fun but hard, bosses didn't mind talking as long as we were doing out work, and I believe that as long as it's allowed its a good incentive to work because you'll be placed with friends.
Pros
long hours, Tough work, good pay, Free ice blocks.
fun work place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  bordertown21 June 2015
a typical hard days work receiving grain products from farmers & customers then shipping out grain in trucks or trains.
Pros
learning new skilss
Cons
working in the sun during hot days
Hard working environment
General Hand (Former Employee) –  mannum SA 52381 March 2015
early starts to beat the heat and wind, very strict on rules and regulations, must were hard hats at all times as there are drive over hoppers and machinery all around, everyone works in a team, casual work but you must keep on your feet as there are a line up of trucks to be unloaded, very reliable and organised company, i mostly enjoyed working with others
Pros
finishing early, great pay
Cons
working in long selves on hot days/ seasonal work
grain sorter
labour (Former Employee) –  tailem bend south australia31 December 2014
it was a great experience really enjoyed the work environment
Pros
long lunch
Cons
long hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viterra. Our community is ready to answer.