Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Vodafone:

Vodafone Employee Reviews

Australia112 reviews
Originally the job was great, Pay was good, Commission was great, and the culture was fantastic. over the past 12 months Vodafone has been on the decline. Removing employee benefits, Increasing the workload and lowering commission. Excelling at your job no longer rewards you to the same degree, My pay was effectively cut by ~6-10 thousand a year due to kpi and commission changes. The company started enforcing questionable policies and Customer care began sending any issues they didn't want to deal with into stores. Despite stores having limited to no power. Forcing employees to spend less time fulfilling their sales duties (which is the only way to get commission) and more time on the phone trying to resolve issues for customers that the stores having nothing to do with. The one positive thing I can say is Most of the store managers and almost all of the Assistant managers are fantastic and actually care about their employees. I've had nothing but considerate managers who are understanding with personal and sick leave. Territory managers however are terrible and are out of touch, they will question your knowledge directly in front of customers, Inform the customer of something themselves only to realise afterwards they were wrong and leaving the stores to find a way to "make it work". Majority of Staff are friendly however due to the competitiveness of the job you'll get thrown under the bus by your co workers if they can advance the corporate ladder in any way.
Vodafone was a fun and great place to work and learn. Depending on where you work, it is very work life balanced and the team I worked with were amazing
manager only cares about himself and his money, not employees nor customers. no roster and 2hrs warning before shifts, and underpaid per award. awful business.
Best company i have ever worked with in darwin earlier this year to you too bhaiya ko PHONE and a ccounts at my account is blocked in the world i don't know what are tou and a ccounts at my account
Some of the most challenging but rewarding roles were at Vodafone.

I really enjoyed my time, I made great connections and learnt new skills which I have been able to use elsewhere.
Vodafone was a decent company too work for. Good pay and bonus structure. The upper management how ever was horrendous. If u werent their favourites You were bullied out. They were also really strict with targets, if u didnt make budgets you would be given a warning, three warnings and u were fired. If you made budget they left you alone
Selling smartphones and resolve the upcoming issues with their plans and cell phones. Tring to meet the sales target every day. The hardest part of the job is to ask the customer to sign new plans or change a plan.
I had unlimited support and guidance through my store owner and regional managers. Great company that actually encouraged training and career progression. I learnt so much at Vodafone and would strongly recommend them.
Very stressful and underpaid, unorganized and no growth within the company. Authoritarian style management and very degrading in the way they talk to you.
Digital Mobile was a very good company, overall I have no negative memories of that place.

The pay was good, working environment was great.

Processing sales team could have done better but it was manageable.

I enjoyed the freedom at that workplace, the only thing I could never understand was why they could retain a team leader for long term for acquisition team.

Apart from that everything was great.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vodafone?
fun and fast-paced work environment. Able to enhance customer care ability The most enjoyable part of the job was involving with work mates and trying to achieve the monthly targets
Vodafone Australia managed to incorporate a workplace culture whilst being competitive. Working at Vodafone taught me communication and sales skills as well as organisational skills such as making notes and having a calendar. They are really fair on their pay and annual leave. However, this really depends on each store and the manager.
Answer incoming calls and respond to customer's emails.
Management and resolve customer complaints.

Sell products and place customer orders in the computer system.

Identify and escalate issues to supervisors.

Provide product and service
Pros
Dicount
Cons
Less pay
working towards sales target is fun but changeling.

but the team environment is good. we received consistent training from headquarters about recent launch products.
I learnt many new skills in terms of social skills and customer service that has effectively boosted my confidence whilst improving my everyday interactions at a professional level. My work days at Vodafone started at a gradual speed and gave me plenty of time to fit in and assort myself accordingly within the team. The supportive colleagues and exciting atmosphere made work seem much more enjoyable and comfortable. Hardest part of the job is maintaining a smooth attitude and presenting yourself appropriately to each and every customer. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the satisfaction of achieving goals and completing tasks to ensure success.
Pros
Long lunch breaks, supportive and understanding team members, location, travel time from my house.
Cons
Tiring, mentally exhausting and training is a long process.
It was a big learning curve and improved my sales skills.
there was lot of support from vodafone head office and i really like the company and there marketing strategy.
fun and fast-paced work environment.
Able to enhance customer care ability

The most enjoyable part of the job was involving with work mates and trying to achieve the monthly targets.
Pros
flexible work shifts
Cons
This is an excellent albeit casual place to work. There's not much job security due to high turnover however. Management need to communicate their expectations of staff better.
Pros
Fun, bubbly, good environment. Chance to really shine if you fight for it, lovely customers
Cons
Must be punctual to a T or you're in a ridiculous amount of trouble, no commission because it's impossible to earn, having to fight for recognition
Great experience working with vodafone would highly recommend. Very sales focused and great rewards for those people who are excellent sellers and communicators.
Part of the initial management team that took the company through to purchase by Vodafone. Great experience in building the process and teams to delivery a global product.
Worked there for a year and half and overall Vodafone retail were such a disorganised, incompetent, demotivating and unsupportive organisation throughout my time it beggered belief. There seems to be a highly political culture within the senior retail management team and a lot preferential treatment and favouritism which hindered your progression. I saw so many people with less experience and skills getting promotions whilst I was always told I wasn't good enough because I didn't want to play their little political game and be a sycophantic.

Waste of labour, poor training from sales coaches, lack of homogeneity in sales and leadership processes and a glaring lack of structure to their everyday operations.

Culture of lazy staff which isn't helped due to unnecessarily high number of staff being utilised. Just one of many examples of poor resource utilisation hence why Vodafone are in so much debt now as well as the poorly conceived 36 month plans they thought was a good idea.

Real shame because Vodafone as a brand is fantastic perhaps just not the same In Australia.
Pros
Good brand reputation and there are some really good professional people in the company
Cons
Do not consider vodafone if you are a fantastic professional. You get overlooked