Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Vodafone Employee Review

Great start up that grew

27 December 2018
Part of the initial management team that took the company through to purchase by Vodafone. Great experience in building the process and teams to delivery a global product.
6 November 2019
Retail Store Associate (Current Employee) - Sydney NSW
Vodafone Australia managed to incorporate a workplace culture whilst being competitive. Working at Vodafone taught me communication and sales skills as well as organisational skills such as making notes and having a calendar. They are really fair on their pay and annual leave. However, this really depends on each store and the manager.
Official response from Vodafone
3 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to review - we appreciate the feedback and like hearing you are having a positive working experience with us! If you have any other feedback or want to discuss further, please reach out to us on careers@vodafone.com.au
Official response from Vodafone
3 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to review - we appreciate the feedback and like hearing you had a positive working experience with us. If you have any other feedback or want to discuss further, please reach out to us on careers@vodafone.com.au
26 May 2019
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
fun and fast-paced work environment. Able to enhance customer care ability The most enjoyable part of the job was involving with work mates and trying to achieve the monthly targets.
Pros
flexible work shifts
Cons
22 December 2018
Assistant Manager (2IC) (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
Worked there for a year and half and overall Vodafone retail were such a disorganised, incompetent, demotivating and unsupportive organisation throughout my time it beggered belief. There seems to be a highly political culture within the senior retail management team and a lot preferential treatment and favouritism which hindered your progression. I saw so many people with less experience and skills getting promotions whilst I was always told I wasn't good enough because I didn't want to play their little political game and be a sycophantic. Waste of labour, poor training from sales coaches, lack of homogeneity in sales and leadership processes and a glaring lack of structure to their everyday operations. Culture of lazy staff which isn't helped due to unnecessarily high number of staff being utilised. Just one of many examples of poor resource utilisation hence why Vodafone are in so much debt now as well as the poorly conceived 36 month plans they thought was a good idea. Real shame because Vodafone as a brand is fantastic perhaps just not the same In Australia.
Pros
Good brand reputation and there are some really good professional people in the company
Cons
Do not consider vodafone if you are a fantastic professional. You get overlooked
  1. Great start up that grew