Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Employee Reviews in North Sydney NSW

Some of the most challenging but rewarding roles were at Vodafone. I really enjoyed my time, I made great connections and learnt new skills which I have been able to use elsewhere.
Official response from Vodafone
2 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to review - we appreciate the feedback and love hearing you enjoyed your time with us! If you have any other feedback or want to discuss further, please reach out to us on careers@vodafone.com.au
Given excessive work to perform on a weekly basis. Have complained to manager. He assures me that the work is doable and that you need to manage your time better.
Pros
Tready image
Cons
80 hours / week
Official response from Vodafone
5 May 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re sorry to hear you are experiencing this, would really urge you to get in touch via careers@vodafone.com.au to discuss further.
Culture is amazing, engagement high, overall an amazing company to work for.. Really positive beautiful work environment. Most people that work there are people people - i.e. leaders not just managers or workers.
Vodafone had a good culture of team work and customer focus. However, the constant threat of restructure made the environment difficult to commit to.
VHA has been a place where one remains motivated to perform and deliver. Team work is excellent with trust and respect among the team members. Due to having to work across several teams, it is a great place to learn cross-domain disciplines. Working hours are neither a cushy 9 to 5, nor are they harrowing long hours causing burnout.
Pros
Multi Discipline Teams
Cons
Cant think of.
A typical day for me presently starts around 8am going through the list of work that has been emailed into an amalgamated work queue from a number of different inboxes. Initially clearing the junk and spam mail that tends to slip through the gaps, it's straight into it. Working with both internal and external customers of Vodafone, I'm dealing with enquiries relating to connection, hardware, usage, billing, network and everything in between. As part of this with a changeover of team management to a different location I have also decided to monitor the "Failed Delivery Notifications" coming from emails that for a variety of reasons haven't got to where they are going, and raising feedback to both my colleagues and my superiors to make sure that the customer is not left hanging due to a missing email. Over the past 7 and a bit years with Vodafone and a little over 2 years in my current field of work, it has placed an emphasis on managing ones own workflow. Prioritising enquiries, managing multiple requests from different sources to get them completed to the best outcome for both the customer as well as the business. There are a few tough times where due to various launches SLA is nigh on impossible when the workload increases by a 4-500% overnight. The iPhone releases are a perfect example where we can go from receiving 75-90 requests overnight to in excess of 350 requests overnight. But there also the quieter times where you can really spend those few extra moments with a customer to continue to strengthen that relationship that has been built over several years. - more...
Urgency is there most of the time and the time spent for evaluation of better methodologies experienced in most of the other organisations is not seen.Team work is minimum and general managers are going in different directions. Many delays in decision making and still the decisions do not seem to work properly.Most of the other employees seems to be capable, however, they are not motivated sufficiently to deliver their best. Most of the middle mangers lack soft skills.Co-workers in the same section are easier to work with. Workers in some other areas are extremely difficult to work with and it is normally the hardest part of the job.Most of the functions are out-sourced and most of the time is spent on governing the out-sourced parties, though it is challenging it is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
you learn to work under extremely difficult situations and still achieve.
Cons
working long hours in a stressful environment.