Vodafone logo
Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Work–Life Balance

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,125 reviews

Great start up that grew

Part of the initial management team that took the company through to purchase by Vodafone. Great experience in building the process and teams to delivery a global product.

Amazing workplace culture and mobility

Vodafone Australia managed to incorporate a workplace culture whilst being competitive. Working at Vodafone taught me communication and sales skills as well as organisational skills such as making notes and having a calendar. They are really fair on their pay and annual leave. However, this really depends on each store and the manager.

Official response from Vodafone

3 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to review - we appreciate the feedback and like hearing you are having a positive working experience with us! If you have any other feedback or want to discuss further, please reach out to us on careers@vodafone.com.au

Official response from Vodafone

3 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to review - we appreciate the feedback and like hearing you had a positive working experience with us. If you have any other feedback or want to discuss further, please reach out to us on careers@vodafone.com.au

good work environment

fun and fast-paced work environment. Able to enhance customer care ability The most enjoyable part of the job was involving with work mates and trying to achieve the monthly targets.

Pros

flexible work shifts

Cons

Incredibly inept management team that has more politics than parliamrnt. Always a nonsensical reason to keep you at bay from progression. Favouritism.

Worked there for a year and half and overall Vodafone retail were such a disorganised, incompetent, demotivating and unsupportive organisation throughout my time it beggered belief. There seems to be a highly political culture within the senior retail management team and a lot preferential treatment and favouritism which hindered your progression. I saw so many people with less experience and skills getting promotions whilst I was always told I wasn't good enough because I didn't want to play their little political game and be a sycophantic. Waste of labour, poor training from sales coaches, lack of homogeneity in sales and leadership processes and a glaring lack of structure to their everyday operations. Culture of lazy staff which isn't helped due to unnecessarily high number of staff being utilised. Just one of many examples of poor resource utilisation hence why Vodafone are in so much debt now as well as the poorly conceived 36 month plans they thought was a good idea. Real shame because Vodafone as a brand is fantastic perhaps just not the same In Australia.

Pros

Good brand reputation and there are some really good professional people in the company

Cons

Do not consider vodafone if you are a fantastic professional. You get overlooked

Party life

Culture has changed significantly so this review would no longer be relevant. All new management team and executives, Nice building, location is okay.

Good Company to be part of.

Good company to work with. Lot of opportunities to learn and grow. You can learn to do certification which will be sponsored by the company. We can work in different domains.

Pros

Good Management & Job security.

Cons

Long Hours

Provided the best customer service

Signed the phone contracts and sale the sim cards to the customers. Sale the phone accessories. Issued the customer complains. Follow up the customer.

Overall good working environment with plenty of benefits.

The working environment overall is fun and easy to adapt within however management needs extreme improvement. Unfortunately does not provide opportunities in advancement. Regardless, the company is mostly professional.

Pros

Consideration to personal needs.

Cons

Unorganised rosters.

Average work place

Much of red tape and reluctance to open up to new ideas or culture. Hierarchical controls enforced upon subordinates. Not a positive work culture environment

Pros

Relatively flexible work culture

Cons

Chaotic Managerial controls

Extremely competitive team

An excellent working environment Supportive Bosses Promote out of the box thinking Let you experiment with new ideas Promote healthy work-life balance

Jobs at Vodafone

in Sydney NSW
See more jobs

Great working environment

Vodafone has a great working environment and also gives good work life balance. My manager encourages me for all the challenges. It's a good learning and training experience. there is always something different that motivates you to work more. Good Support. Good Culture. Flexible working locations, Good Benifits, Amazing Company that has given me the opportunity to meet hundreds of types of different people. Vodafone is a very nice place to work.

Pros

Good work life balance, job security, training

Cons

till now i am happy with my job

Great Company to work for, but difficult to sell their product

Vodafone is an amazing company to work for, but not very well positioned in the Enterprise market in Australia. The Telco industry in the country is highly competative and closing deals may proove challenging

Felt bit non-supportive environment

Felt bit non-supportive environment. New people are not treated well by existing ones. I believe this place can be avoided , though this was my first job experience in Australia.

Poor company management

Everyday work is basically trying to achieve the sale targets and provide some customer services to loyal customers from mobile technical support to sale services.

Amazing place to work at!

I spent 7 years and didnt feel the pinch. Its a great place to work with great people around who are always willing to help and support you ! The work is dynamic and challenging that pushes you to deliver your best.

Pros

Dynamic, healty workculture

Cons

We still use IE 8 here, that needs an upgrade. Otherwise this place has no other cons

Excellent people and good company.

Nice and relaxed work environment. Excellent managers. I would recommend to all the people in telecom sector. Had a good experience with Highforce. All the best.

Good while it lasted

Great place to work from 2010 to 2014 lots of changes with management... No same procedures in all stores. UN organised, different rules made up. No support at all Great rewards to staff for excelling, hard to be promoted unless your a favourite

Pros

Trvael trips

Cons

Unorganized, no support

Fun, enjoyable and

This was an enjoyable work place. I greatly enjoyed working with all my colleagues and interacting with the various customers. No two days were the same while working here. There was constantly things to learn and people to interact with. Both which i thoroughly enjoyed. I learned how to sell, upgrade and start plans for customers The managers were very supportive in teaching me about the business and bringing me up to speed on the systems used. My experience here has helped me me further my knowledge in the customer service industry as well as the the retail industry.

Pros

fun working environment

Cons

unorganized managers

productive and competitive working place

Running the store which includes setting budget, building a verbal or writing report to head office and other staff about sales performance review and encouraging staff to learn and develop products knowledge and improve customer service. Professionally use the internal Vodafone database system- SIBEL. Reasonably give the other stuff regular training on the system. Responsible for summary of store performance then reporting to Head Office, contract checking, stocks take, stock ordering and complete basic accounting job, eg, preparing banking, check the invoices from suppliers, reconciling money.

Pros

vibrant working environment

Cons

challenging daily and monthly target

interesting experience

Its interesting to sell sim card to customers face to face. Our team leader is quite professional who taught me a lot.

Fun workplace with lots of benefits

1. Store opening and closing, focus on products and had to have all the knowledge about all the products and also the competitor. 2. I have learned how to sell mobile phone hand set, mobile phone plans to different people as their need. 3.The management of vodafone is exceptional and always they look after the employee needs. 4.Co-workers were very friendly. 5.As the store was very far where i used to live, traveling was bit hard. 6. The most enjoyable part was working in a very nice and friendly environment with lots of phones and fun.