Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Employee Reviews

Originally the job was great, Pay was good, Commission was great, and the culture was fantastic. over the past 12 months Vodafone has been on the decline. Removing employee benefits, Increasing the workload and lowering commission. Excelling at your job no longer rewards you to the same degree, My pay was effectively cut by ~6-10 thousand a year due to kpi and commission changes. The company started enforcing questionable policies and Customer care began sending any issues they didn't want to deal with into stores. Despite stores having limited to no power. Forcing employees to spend less time fulfilling their sales duties (which is the only way to get commission) and more time on the phone trying to resolve issues for customers that the stores having nothing to do with. The one positive thing I can say is Most of the store managers and almost all of the Assistant managers are fantastic and actually care about their employees. I've had nothing but considerate managers who are understanding with personal and sick leave. Territory managers however are terrible and are out of touch, they will question your knowledge directly in front of customers, Inform the customer of something themselves only to realise afterwards they were wrong and leaving the stores to find a way to "make it work". Majority of Staff are friendly however due to the competitiveness of the job you'll get thrown under the bus by your co workers if they can advance the corporate ladder in any way.
Zero movement for anyone out of the capital city. We were Newcastle based and despite having some incredibly strong process knowledge, we never had any prospect of progression. Territory managers came up maybe once every six months to pretend they cared.
Pros
Free phone
Cons
Bad pay, poor flexibility, terrible store management, massive disconnect between retail and corporate
5 May 2021
Appreciate your feedback, we’re sorry to hear you had a negative experience and would love the chance to discuss this with you further, please get in touch via careers@vodafone.com.au
Given excessive work to perform on a weekly basis. Have complained to manager. He assures me that the work is doable and that you need to manage your time better.
Pros
Tready image
Cons
80 hours / week
5 May 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re sorry to hear you are experiencing this, would really urge you to get in touch via careers@vodafone.com.au to discuss further.
Vodafone was a fun and great place to work and learn. Depending on where you work, it is very work life balanced and the team I worked with were amazing
manager only cares about himself and his money, not employees nor customers. no roster and 2hrs warning before shifts, and underpaid per award. awful business.
5 May 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience and would love to speak with you further on this. Please reach out to us on careers@vodafone.com.au
Best company i have ever worked with in darwin earlier this year to you too bhaiya ko PHONE and a ccounts at my account is blocked in the world i don't know what are tou and a ccounts at my account
Some of the most challenging but rewarding roles were at Vodafone. I really enjoyed my time, I made great connections and learnt new skills which I have been able to use elsewhere.
Vodafone was a decent company too work for. Good pay and bonus structure. The upper management how ever was horrendous. If u werent their favourites You were bullied out. They were also really strict with targets, if u didnt make budgets you would be given a warning, three warnings and u were fired. If you made budget they left you alone
5 May 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about working in our Strathpine QLD store. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience, and would like to speak with you further on this. Please reach out to us on careers@vodafone.com.au
Selling smartphones and resolve the upcoming issues with their plans and cell phones. Tring to meet the sales target every day. The hardest part of the job is to ask the customer to sign new plans or change a plan.
I had unlimited support and guidance through my store owner and regional managers. Great company that actually encouraged training and career progression. I learnt so much at Vodafone and would strongly recommend them.
5 May 2021
Wow thanks so much for taking the time to review - we love hearing you've had a positive experience.
Very stressful and underpaid, unorganized and no growth within the company. Authoritarian style management and very degrading in the way they talk to you.
Digital Mobile was a very good company, overall I have no negative memories of that place. The pay was good, working environment was great. Processing sales team could have done better but it was manageable. I enjoyed the freedom at that workplace, the only thing I could never understand was why they could retain a team leader for long term for acquisition team. Apart from that everything was great.
Vodafone Australia managed to incorporate a workplace culture whilst being competitive. Working at Vodafone taught me communication and sales skills as well as organisational skills such as making notes and having a calendar. They are really fair on their pay and annual leave. However, this really depends on each store and the manager.
Answer incoming calls and respond to customer's emails. Management and resolve customer complaints. Sell products and place customer orders in the computer system. Identify and escalate issues to supervisors. Provide product and service
Pros
Dicount
Cons
Less pay
working towards sales target is fun but changeling. but the team environment is good. we received consistent training from headquarters about recent launch products.
I learnt many new skills in terms of social skills and customer service that has effectively boosted my confidence whilst improving my everyday interactions at a professional level. My work days at Vodafone started at a gradual speed and gave me plenty of time to fit in and assort myself accordingly within the team. The supportive colleagues and exciting atmosphere made work seem much more enjoyable and comfortable. Hardest part of the job is maintaining a smooth attitude and presenting yourself appropriately to each and every customer. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the satisfaction of achieving goals and completing tasks to ensure success.
Pros
Long lunch breaks, supportive and understanding team members, location, travel time from my house.
Cons
Tiring, mentally exhausting and training is a long process.
It was a big learning curve and improved my sales skills. there was lot of support from vodafone head office and i really like the company and there marketing strategy.
fun and fast-paced work environment. Able to enhance customer care ability The most enjoyable part of the job was involving with work mates and trying to achieve the monthly targets.
Pros
flexible work shifts
Cons
This is an excellent albeit casual place to work. There's not much job security due to high turnover however. Management need to communicate their expectations of staff better.
Pros
Fun, bubbly, good environment. Chance to really shine if you fight for it, lovely customers
Cons
Must be punctual to a T or you're in a ridiculous amount of trouble, no commission because it's impossible to earn, having to fight for recognition
Great experience working with vodafone would highly recommend. Very sales focused and great rewards for those people who are excellent sellers and communicators.
  1. Employee Reviews