Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Culture reviews

Originally the job was great, Pay was good, Commission was great, and the culture was fantastic. over the past 12 months Vodafone has been on the decline. Removing employee benefits, Increasing the workload and lowering commission. Excelling at your job no longer rewards you to the same degree, My pay was effectively cut by ~6-10 thousand a year due to kpi and commission changes. The company started enforcing questionable policies and Customer care began sending any issues they didn't want to deal with into stores. Despite stores having limited to no power. Forcing employees to spend less time fulfilling their sales duties (which is the only way to get commission) and more time on the phone trying to resolve issues for customers that the stores having nothing to do with. The one positive thing I can say is Most of the store managers and almost all of the Assistant managers are fantastic and actually care about their employees. I've had nothing but considerate managers who are understanding with personal and sick leave. Territory managers however are terrible and are out of touch, they will question your knowledge directly in front of customers, Inform the customer of something themselves only to realise afterwards they were wrong and leaving the stores to find a way to "make it work". Majority of Staff are friendly however due to the competitiveness of the job you'll get thrown under the bus by your co workers if they can advance the corporate ladder in any way.
Vodafone was a fun and great place to work and learn. Depending on where you work, it is very work life balanced and the team I worked with were amazing
Digital Mobile was a very good company, overall I have no negative memories of that place. The pay was good, working environment was great. Processing sales team could have done better but it was manageable. I enjoyed the freedom at that workplace, the only thing I could never understand was why they could retain a team leader for long term for acquisition team. Apart from that everything was great.
Vodafone Australia managed to incorporate a workplace culture whilst being competitive. Working at Vodafone taught me communication and sales skills as well as organisational skills such as making notes and having a calendar. They are really fair on their pay and annual leave. However, this really depends on each store and the manager.
fun and fast-paced work environment. Able to enhance customer care ability The most enjoyable part of the job was involving with work mates and trying to achieve the monthly targets.
Pros
flexible work shifts
Cons
Great experience working with vodafone would highly recommend. Very sales focused and great rewards for those people who are excellent sellers and communicators.
Worked there for a year and half and overall Vodafone retail were such a disorganised, incompetent, demotivating and unsupportive organisation throughout my time it beggered belief. There seems to be a highly political culture within the senior retail management team and a lot preferential treatment and favouritism which hindered your progression. I saw so many people with less experience and skills getting promotions whilst I was always told I wasn't good enough because I didn't want to play their little political game and be a sycophantic. Waste of labour, poor training from sales coaches, lack of homogeneity in sales and leadership processes and a glaring lack of structure to their everyday operations. Culture of lazy staff which isn't helped due to unnecessarily high number of staff being utilised. Just one of many examples of poor resource utilisation hence why Vodafone are in so much debt now as well as the poorly conceived 36 month plans they thought was a good idea. Real shame because Vodafone as a brand is fantastic perhaps just not the same In Australia.
Pros
Good brand reputation and there are some really good professional people in the company
Cons
Do not consider vodafone if you are a fantastic professional. You get overlooked
Culture has changed significantly so this review would no longer be relevant. All new management team and executives, Nice building, location is okay.
Great organisation to work on behalf of and great team members who contribute to a positive work environment with decent earning potential through sales incentives
Career progress in assured, a healthy and friendly work environment that is incomparable to other corporations, supportive colleagues and management. A great place to work at.
Really nice team environment. Friendly and inclusive. Very sales centres, good goals to work towards, as a team collectively. Enjoy working here a lot
Culture is amazing, engagement high, overall an amazing company to work for.. Really positive beautiful work environment. Most people that work there are people people - i.e. leaders not just managers or workers.
i was one of the top achievers so i had the opportunity to travel to india to see our call centers vodafone was very corporate in culture but was very team orientated also
Salary and benefits are above average and the staff training and management team are great, always looking to help and move workers into suitable positions to achieve personal growth.
Much of red tape and reluctance to open up to new ideas or culture. Hierarchical controls enforced upon subordinates. Not a positive work culture environment
Pros
Relatively flexible work culture
Cons
Chaotic Managerial controls
Vodafone has a great working environment and also gives good work life balance. My manager encourages me for all the challenges. It's a good learning and training experience. there is always something different that motivates you to work more. Good Support. Good Culture. Flexible working locations, Good Benifits, Amazing Company that has given me the opportunity to meet hundreds of types of different people. Vodafone is a very nice place to work.
Pros
Good work life balance, job security, training
Cons
till now i am happy with my job
i loved working for Vodafone, there was always something different and something to motivate you! The culture is brilliant! However, a new territory manager came in when i was working there and broke up many good teams and curbed a lot of our incentives. In addition, he threatened to fire us if we failed to hit KPI'S for 3 months , he failed to take into account store traffic. He made working there toxic but the good news he has been fired now! Vodafone with a brilliant territory manager is a place i would snap someones off to work in!
Pros
Good culture, changing work environment, good commission with a good territory manager, good store managers, good support
Cons
Volatile management, store traffic isn't factored into KPIS
Better enviorment and better work mates. good location and a brand new store with a cheerful and motivated managing team which will give you ample of opputunities to proove yourself.
Good team work with great managers.good work hours and enviorment. close to shops and restraunts. healthy work enviorment and less stressfull job then most other places.