Vodafone logo
Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Culture reviews

Clear
Work–Life Balance

Found 49 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,125 reviews

Once a great Job but things have been declining for a while now...

Originally the job was great, Pay was good, Commission was great, and the culture was fantastic. over the past 12 months Vodafone has been on the decline. Removing employee benefits, Increasing the workload and lowering commission. Excelling at your job no longer rewards you to the same degree, My pay was effectively cut by ~6-10 thousand a year due to kpi and commission changes. The company started enforcing questionable policies and Customer care began sending any issues they didn't want to deal with into stores. Despite stores having limited to no power. Forcing employees to spend less time fulfilling their sales duties (which is the only way to get commission) and more time on the phone trying to resolve issues for customers that the stores having nothing to do with. The one positive thing I can say is Most of the store managers and almost all of the Assistant managers are fantastic and actually care about their employees. I've had nothing but considerate managers who are understanding with personal and sick leave. Territory managers however are terrible and are out of touch, they will question your knowledge directly in front of customers, Inform the customer of something themselves only to realise afterwards they were wrong and leaving the stores to find a way to "make it work". Majority of Staff are friendly however due to the competitiveness of the job you'll get thrown under the bus by your co workers if they can advance the corporate ladder in any way.

Official response from Vodafone

2 June 2021
So appreciate the time taken to leave this detailed review - I'm sorry to hear you are having a negative experience, and would love to speak with you further on this. Please do get in touch careers@vodafone.com.au

great place to work, flexible working location, good management, good benefits, excellent development support. Great team and fantastic work / live balance

Job satisfaction

Amazing place to work/shop. Understanding team. Staff get gift vouchers when they complete their targets. Looked after really well. Family oriented. *

Pros

Understanding manager

Cons

Quite place

Constant change

Vodafone had a good culture of team work and customer focus. However, the constant threat of restructure made the environment difficult to commit to.

Very multicultural environment with a happy surrounding

Vodafone has given me the opportunity to meet hundreds of types of different people, this helped me brush up my customer service skills. Vodafone is a very nice place to work for.

Pros

Friendly Staff

Ideal for students

This work is ideal for international students as a stepping stone. The company provides training that are needed for you to able to be successful in your role.

The most enjoyable part of the work was teaching how to handset works to elderly people. I learnt a lots of experience working long hours. I enjoyed working as a team member to reach company target.

productive and great experience to work deal with customers

sometimes it hard to achieve the targets but at the same time its enjoyable too. i leraned how to deal with difficult customers and the staff was very friendly as they help me alot.

Challenging work environment

I work 6 days of week 8 to 6 pm. Typically its challenging day and everyday because we always looking for new customer and maintain the old ones as well. But its kind of really challenging job. I learned to stay positive and achieve the given targets any how because only your work will counts not your position. Hardest part of my job is to get as much as customer you can and always stay in touch in new technologies of mobile world. Ordering and maintain stuff and attained monthly meetings for new targets. funny staff is always gives you a better energy for work and its the best part.

Pros

weekly party

Cons

Given targets

Amazing place to work at!

I spent 7 years and didnt feel the pinch. Its a great place to work with great people around who are always willing to help and support you ! The work is dynamic and challenging that pushes you to deliver your best.

Pros

Dynamic, healty workculture

Cons

We still use IE 8 here, that needs an upgrade. Otherwise this place has no other cons

Jobs at Vodafone

See more jobs

Excellent people and good company.

Nice and relaxed work environment. Excellent managers. I would recommend to all the people in telecom sector. Had a good experience with Highforce. All the best.

A day in the Vodafone store

Working in a store. We only had foot traffic in a shopping centre. A lot of online training was involved during quiet periods. We were able to enjoy our own choice in music. Fun environment and a positive culture. Hardest part of the job was knocking someone back for a contract when they did not pass the requirements needed. The most positive thing about working in a store was watching the customer leaving with a smile and satisfaction and knowing that the customer got what they were wanting.

Pros

Luches, dinners, incentives

Cons

Quiet store

Nice team and environment

Cool place to work if you looking for customer service position. The support from team and manager is great as help you alot when you first started your training and during working experience

May have enjoyed but did not get the support in store location

The company culture was great though my experience was over shadowed by the lack of support from executives. There was constant pressure to make sales targets with out counting the other metrics of customer trouble shooting.

Fun place and good career progression

I had joined Vodafone at the time when they first came to Australia. Good colleagues, team work was important and good managers who encouraged staff to work effectively but yet have fun. Management encouraged training and career progrossion.

Pros

Fun place and fast-paced telco environment

Cons

Very competitive telco market causing shrinkage of workforce

Official response from Vodafone

4 May 2021
Thanks so much for your feedback - appreciate the time you've taken to review and good to hear that you enjoyed your time with Vodafone.

was ok

worked for both Vodafone Aus and UK, wa snot a terrible place to work, competitive culture as with most places where targets are in place as with KPI's

Great Company

Great place to work, awesome culture. Hardest part of the job would be trying to calm down a difficult customer after they have received a bill. Typically the days are selling services and assisting my team any way I can.

Pros

Awesome work culture

Cons

Customers direct frustration at you

Great Telecom Carrier

The Company Culture is great, but the outsourcing nature being driven within the business is causing the teams growth to stagnate. The employees genuinely believe in the Network and honestly want to see it succeed.

Very enjoyable workplace

Vodafone was very enjoyable and fun, the team members and work environment was good it was very difficult at times but very rewarding as well.

Pros

Team members

Cons

Difficulties

Good while it lasted

Great place to work from 2010 to 2014 lots of changes with management... No same procedures in all stores. UN organised, different rules made up. No support at all Great rewards to staff for excelling, hard to be promoted unless your a favourite

Pros

Trvael trips

Cons

Unorganized, no support

Vodafone Call Centre

Learnt how to build rapport over the phone and build strong, valuable relationships with my customers. Steady rostering assisted with work life balance.

Pros

Fresh Fruit

Cons

Can be cliquey