Vodafone logo
Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Culture reviews

Clear
Work–Life Balance

Found 50 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,126 reviews

Once a great Job but things have been declining for a while now...

Originally the job was great, Pay was good, Commission was great, and the culture was fantastic. over the past 12 months Vodafone has been on the decline. Removing employee benefits, Increasing the workload and lowering commission. Excelling at your job no longer rewards you to the same degree, My pay was effectively cut by ~6-10 thousand a year due to kpi and commission changes. The company started enforcing questionable policies and Customer care began sending any issues they didn't want to deal with into stores. Despite stores having limited to no power. Forcing employees to spend less time fulfilling their sales duties (which is the only way to get commission) and more time on the phone trying to resolve issues for customers that the stores having nothing to do with. The one positive thing I can say is Most of the store managers and almost all of the Assistant managers are fantastic and actually care about their employees. I've had nothing but considerate managers who are understanding with personal and sick leave. Territory managers however are terrible and are out of touch, they will question your knowledge directly in front of customers, Inform the customer of something themselves only to realise afterwards they were wrong and leaving the stores to find a way to "make it work". Majority of Staff are friendly however due to the competitiveness of the job you'll get thrown under the bus by your co workers if they can advance the corporate ladder in any way.

Official response from Vodafone

2 June 2021
So appreciate the time taken to leave this detailed review - I'm sorry to hear you are having a negative experience, and would love to speak with you further on this. Please do get in touch careers@vodafone.com.au

Vodafone Call Centre

Learnt how to build rapport over the phone and build strong, valuable relationships with my customers. Steady rostering assisted with work life balance.

Pros

Fresh Fruit

Cons

Can be cliquey

Time for business and time for celebrating

I would really appreciate that what the Vodafone says, that's what it's doing: We strive to have the best people working for us and we really look after each other. When our people do great things, we pause to celebrate. We use rewards and awards to recognize and inspire achievement. And we actively seek team members who bring different perspectives to our thinking. My life motto: Work hard, play hard...

Pros

benefits like company handset, notebook and free mobile internet:), also trainings on regular base

Dynamic and rewarding culture

Fast paced, dynamic, with excellent work-life balance. Culture is as much about people as it is about delivering outstanding services. The most enjoyable part of the role, for me, was meeting exciting new people from around the globe. The hardest part was bringing people together across many time zones for meetings.

Vodafone Company Review

working at Vodafone can sometimes be very challenging but I guess its all part of the today's work. a typical day at the company involves providing the right information to the right customer. most phones repairs and adding new customer to the network the management was very excellent and supportive, so were the my co workers. I guess the most enjoyable part of the job was the working environment.

Pros

execellent staff and working environment

Cons

this is a hard one... well at my time there I experience nothing negative

Culture and Management in Vodafone

Vodafone Australia had an excellent team culture a very formal yet fun place to be. Employees and managers always looked forward to work as Vodafone had created a culture of family which made it very comfortable and fun to work. Vodafone has taught me the art of negotiation and crisis management as dealing with customers and suppliers need lot of skill.It has taught me the various legal paper work and administration paper work which is involved in a business.

Pros

Free cricket tickets, Company dinner every 2 weeks and parties every month

Cons

Salary Packages

Great Telecommunications Company

Leading my team to succeed in there kpi's Great customer experience (NPS) Love seeing the moment when Staff close the sale.

Pros

Meet a lot of great people

Cons

Always working

N/a

Culture is amazing and the developments opportunities are endless.

Great team

They are a great team to have, like a second family, always laughing and having fun, helping each other out with customers even though there was always a friendly competitiveness between associates. Vodafone has taught me to value everything I have and that nothing in life is easy especially if it is worth it, they have also taught me to be strong and speak my mind. The hardest part of the job was not been able to help a customer but the best part was seen the team every day and going home knowing you have done your best.

Pros

There was always something fun to do.

Cons

Having to work on public holidays.

A great company that has made some big changes over the last three years and is still finding its feet!

Pros

good work life balance

Cons

culture and direction of the business, has changed since the merger

Jobs at Vodafone