Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Job Security & Advancement reviews

Some of the most challenging but rewarding roles were at Vodafone. I really enjoyed my time, I made great connections and learnt new skills which I have been able to use elsewhere.
Vodafone was a fun and great place to work and learn. Depending on where you work, it is very work life balanced and the team I worked with were amazing
Best company i have ever worked with in darwin earlier this year to you too bhaiya ko PHONE and a ccounts at my account is blocked in the world i don't know what are tou and a ccounts at my account
Vodafone was a decent company too work for. Good pay and bonus structure. The upper management how ever was horrendous. If u werent their favourites You were bullied out. They were also really strict with targets, if u didnt make budgets you would be given a warning, three warnings and u were fired. If you made budget they left you alone
Official response from Vodafone
5 May 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about working in our Strathpine QLD store. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience, and would like to speak with you further on this. Please reach out to us on careers@vodafone.com.au
I had unlimited support and guidance through my store owner and regional managers. Great company that actually encouraged training and career progression. I learnt so much at Vodafone and would strongly recommend them.
Official response from Vodafone
5 May 2021
Wow thanks so much for taking the time to review - we love hearing you've had a positive experience.
It was a big learning curve and improved my sales skills. there was lot of support from vodafone head office and i really like the company and there marketing strategy.
This is an excellent albeit casual place to work. There's not much job security due to high turnover however. Management need to communicate their expectations of staff better.
Pros
Fun, bubbly, good environment. Chance to really shine if you fight for it, lovely customers
Cons
Must be punctual to a T or you're in a ridiculous amount of trouble, no commission because it's impossible to earn, having to fight for recognition
Great experience working with vodafone would highly recommend. Very sales focused and great rewards for those people who are excellent sellers and communicators.
Worked there for a year and half and overall Vodafone retail were such a disorganised, incompetent, demotivating and unsupportive organisation throughout my time it beggered belief. There seems to be a highly political culture within the senior retail management team and a lot preferential treatment and favouritism which hindered your progression. I saw so many people with less experience and skills getting promotions whilst I was always told I wasn't good enough because I didn't want to play their little political game and be a sycophantic. Waste of labour, poor training from sales coaches, lack of homogeneity in sales and leadership processes and a glaring lack of structure to their everyday operations. Culture of lazy staff which isn't helped due to unnecessarily high number of staff being utilised. Just one of many examples of poor resource utilisation hence why Vodafone are in so much debt now as well as the poorly conceived 36 month plans they thought was a good idea. Real shame because Vodafone as a brand is fantastic perhaps just not the same In Australia.
Pros
Good brand reputation and there are some really good professional people in the company
Cons
Do not consider vodafone if you are a fantastic professional. You get overlooked
I have gained more experience in telecommunication sector. In particular, I have learnt how to serve customers before and after sales, how to persuade customers to sign contract with us as well as how to do the team building.
Career progress in assured, a healthy and friendly work environment that is incomparable to other corporations, supportive colleagues and management. A great place to work at.
Good company to work with. Lot of opportunities to learn and grow. You can learn to do certification which will be sponsored by the company. We can work in different domains.
Pros
Good Management & Job security.
Cons
Long Hours
The working environment overall is fun and easy to adapt within however management needs extreme improvement. Unfortunately does not provide opportunities in advancement. Regardless, the company is mostly professional.
Pros
Consideration to personal needs.
Cons
Unorganised rosters.
Salary and benefits are above average and the staff training and management team are great, always looking to help and move workers into suitable positions to achieve personal growth.
An excellent working environment Supportive Bosses Promote out of the box thinking Let you experiment with new ideas Promote healthy work-life balance
Vodafone has a great working environment and also gives good work life balance. My manager encourages me for all the challenges. It's a good learning and training experience. there is always something different that motivates you to work more. Good Support. Good Culture. Flexible working locations, Good Benifits, Amazing Company that has given me the opportunity to meet hundreds of types of different people. Vodafone is a very nice place to work.
Pros
Good work life balance, job security, training
Cons
till now i am happy with my job
i loved working for Vodafone, there was always something different and something to motivate you! The culture is brilliant! However, a new territory manager came in when i was working there and broke up many good teams and curbed a lot of our incentives. In addition, he threatened to fire us if we failed to hit KPI'S for 3 months , he failed to take into account store traffic. He made working there toxic but the good news he has been fired now! Vodafone with a brilliant territory manager is a place i would snap someones off to work in!
Pros
Good culture, changing work environment, good commission with a good territory manager, good store managers, good support
Cons
Volatile management, store traffic isn't factored into KPIS
great place to work, flexible working location, good management, good benefits, excellent development support. Great team and fantastic work / live balance
this is the great place to work in i have worked there for few months but that was my exceptional work experience i would love to work there again i would never leave that if i was not relocating at that time thanks
Good working environment with colleagues however, manager was extremely passive aggressive and HR could not help as much and would take couple of weeks to reply back.
Pros
Employee SIM only plan
Cons
Strange hours even as a full timer
This work is ideal for international students as a stepping stone. The company provides training that are needed for you to able to be successful in your role.
  1. Job Security & Advancement