Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Job Security & Advancement reviews

Some of the most challenging but rewarding roles were at Vodafone. I really enjoyed my time, I made great connections and learnt new skills which I have been able to use elsewhere.
Official response from Vodafone
2 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to review - we appreciate the feedback and love hearing you enjoyed your time with us! If you have any other feedback or want to discuss further, please reach out to us on careers@vodafone.com.au
productive rewarding job with amazing team members. working for vodafone has been a very rewarding job with its many perks. working for vodafone has taught me so number of different customer service skills and new developments in the work industry.
Pros
different rewarding opportunities
Cons
not having some access to be able to help customers to all ability
I spent 7 years and didnt feel the pinch. Its a great place to work with great people around who are always willing to help and support you ! The work is dynamic and challenging that pushes you to deliver your best.
Pros
Dynamic, healty workculture
Cons
We still use IE 8 here, that needs an upgrade. Otherwise this place has no other cons
Nice and relaxed work environment. Excellent managers. I would recommend to all the people in telecom sector. Had a good experience with Highforce. All the best.
Vodafone was a good company to work for. They looked after there employee's and provided them with great staff benefits. There was always room to progress your career.
I had joined Vodafone at the time when they first came to Australia. Good colleagues, team work was important and good managers who encouraged staff to work effectively but yet have fun. Management encouraged training and career progrossion.
Pros
Fun place and fast-paced telco environment
Cons
Very competitive telco market causing shrinkage of workforce
Official response from Vodafone
4 May 2021
Thanks so much for your feedback - appreciate the time you've taken to review and good to hear that you enjoyed your time with Vodafone.
Loved working for Vodafone as flexible compassionate, room for growth and constant learning. Customers varied in their requirements and at times had to think very fast but obtained desired goals which was beneficial to the customer, company and myself.
Pros
Lots of fun activities were arranged
Cons
Parking in the city
The Company Culture is great, but the outsourcing nature being driven within the business is causing the teams growth to stagnate. The employees genuinely believe in the Network and honestly want to see it succeed.
In my opinion working as a call center agent developed my soft skills and communication skills to a limit that I can use them every where to reach your goal and also working as a third officer provided me with a lot of experience in navigation and safety and deck skills
I learned a lot in last 2 years from Vodafone employees. it has been great working with this company. Staff is supportive and excellent. Thanks
Vodafone has a great working environment and gives good work-life balance. My manager encourages me to opt for the challenges, accept new challenges and even study in my spare time. The only demerit is a lack of job security.
Pros
Good work life balance, learning and training, hands-on experience.
Cons
lack of job security
A perfect company good environment to work in, Learned alot of things personal and in work experience , Management is professional and very friendly, I enjoyed every single day there
Pros
Free call package
Cons
Low salary
A good working environment , a wide scale technical experience and user interaction , transportation was provided , good benefits
Pros
Lunch and free business phone line
Cons
Lack of career growth
This was an enjoyable work place. I greatly enjoyed working with all my colleagues and interacting with the various customers. No two days were the same while working here. There was constantly things to learn and people to interact with. Both which i thoroughly enjoyed. I learned how to sell, upgrade and start plans for customers The managers were very supportive in teaching me about the business and bringing me up to speed on the systems used. My experience here has helped me me further my knowledge in the customer service industry as well as the the retail industry.
Pros
fun working environment
Cons
unorganized managers
Learnt how to build rapport over the phone and build strong, valuable relationships with my customers. Steady rostering assisted with work life balance.
Pros
Fresh Fruit
Cons
Can be cliquey
Vodafone is a good company, But the call center environment just wasn't for me. I'm looking for more of a face to face role.
learning a lot of things and have a good experience. I quit it because of lack time.
Opportunity to hone all my negotiation skills, uplifting brand skills. Marketing skills utilised in this role over a short time gained. One of the Winners. Christmas Incentive after 2 months in the role Winner Rep of the Month 3 times My repor with my clients was the most beneficial aspect here.
Pros
Challenging, great uplift that my Marketing skills were of high standard
Cons
Contracted company lost this account. Hard for job security rather be employed internally.
Culture is amazing and the developments opportunities are endless.
My initial employment with Vodafone was fun. The company values were selected by the staff and management and were implemented some two years or so into my employment. Unfortunately due to a change in management and subsequent merger with the 3 network the values were changed by management and hence the working environment changed. Advancement within the company was possible but over my time there I saw too many people advance to lower/middle management and then made redundant.
Pros
good salary
Cons
change of values
A great company that has made some big changes over the last three years and is still finding its feet!
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
culture and direction of the business, has changed since the merger