Vodafone Management reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 3,869 reviews
Incredibly inept management team that has more politics than parliamrnt. Always a nonsensical reason to keep you at bay from progression. Favouritism.
Assistant Manager (2IC) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 December 2018
Worked there for a year and half and overall Vodafone retail were such a disorganised, incompetent, demotivating and unsupportive organisation throughout my time it beggered belief. There seems to be a highly political culture within the senior retail management team and a lot preferential treatment and favouritism which hindered your progression. I saw so many people with less experience and skills getting promotions whilst I was always told I wasn't good enough because I didn't want to play their little political game and be a sycophantic.

Waste of labour, poor training from sales coaches, lack of homogeneity in sales and leadership processes and a glaring lack of structure to their everyday operations.

Culture of lazy staff which isn't helped due to unnecessarily high number of staff being utilised. Just one of many examples of poor resource utilisation hence why Vodafone are in so much debt now as well as the poorly conceived 36 month plans they thought was a good idea.

Real shame because Vodafone as a brand is fantastic perhaps just not the same In Australia.
Pros
Good brand reputation and there are some really good professional people in the company
Cons
Do not consider vodafone if you are a fantastic professional. You get overlooked
Well paid and good perks. NO work/life balance in management postion
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tweed Heads NSW5 November 2018
Worked at Vodafone for a few years, being a fulltime sales associate was probably where i should have stayed as good money if you do well in sales and management usually treat the high performers like a god. Moving into a management role no real guidance or support, constantly have to be available to staff even on days off. Overtime is EXPECTED and a lot of it would usually work 45-46 hours only paid for 37.5 hours. Targets forever increasing. attending meetings to head office is compulsory even when you live over 70KM away and don't get paid any travel allowance. Would recommend for uni students as potential to earn good money as part time sales associate
Pros
Good for uni students, good money
Cons
Overworked and under appreciated
Excellent Work Environment
Roaming Planning Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overseas23 September 2018
Career progress in assured, a healthy and friendly work environment that is incomparable to other corporations, supportive colleagues and management. A great place to work at.
Excellent benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Australia1 March 2018
Salary and benefits are above average and the staff training and management team are great, always looking to help and move workers into suitable positions to achieve personal growth.
Average work place
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 February 2018
Much of red tape and reluctance to open up to new ideas or culture. Hierarchical controls enforced upon subordinates. Not a positive work culture environment
Pros
Relatively flexible work culture
Cons
Chaotic Managerial controls
Sales
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS18 February 2018
Despite the role being retention it was essentially Sales.
immediate manager was great but upper management were a nightmare.
OHS concerns were extremely difficult to address.
Pay was good and work/life had clear distinction.
Pros
chill out area (but no time to enjoy it really)
Cons
Awkward office space
People are good management isnt
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 February 2018
Underpaid, work is very strict, always strict on what you wear but very understandable, management is really bad, always gets angry for no reason and firing eveeryone on the spot
Epic place to work with a brilliant culture
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Murray street5 January 2018
i loved working for Vodafone, there was always something different and something to motivate you!

The culture is brilliant!

However, a new territory manager came in when i was working there and broke up many good teams and curbed a lot of our incentives. In addition, he threatened to fire us if we failed to hit KPI'S for 3 months , he failed to take into account store traffic.

He made working there toxic but the good news he has been fired now! Vodafone with a brilliant territory manager is a place i would snap someones off to work in!
Pros
Good culture, changing work environment, good commission with a good territory manager, good store managers, good support
Cons
Volatile management, store traffic isn't factored into KPIS
Business Transformation Manager (Current Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire20 November 2017
great place to work, flexible working location, good management, good benefits, excellent development support. Great team and fantastic work / live balance
Constant change
Manager, Consumer (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW11 November 2017
Vodafone had a good culture of team work and customer focus. However, the constant threat of restructure made the environment difficult to commit to.
May have enjoyed but did not get the support in store location
Retail Customer Service/ Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC15 March 2017
The company culture was great though my experience was over shadowed by the lack of support from executives. There was constant pressure to make sales targets with out counting the other metrics of customer trouble shooting.
Productive fun workplace
JUNE 2015Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT26 October 2016
Meet and greet many different types of people. Learned many aspects of the sale pitch. Learns fundamentals of the management position.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
An amazing job that didn't feel like a job!
CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON - VODAFONE RETAIL (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 June 2016
As one of the top retail sales professionals, I sold mobile phones to customers from all backgrounds in a busy CBD location. I was always patient and courteous to all my clients and always acted in a professional manner. My role required me having an intricate knowledge of all the products we sold, including the plans we offered. My other roles included cash handling, balancing the register and opening and closing the store. During my time at the store I built and maintained strong business relationships with management and my clientele. My success and ability to easily meet targets led me to becoming one of Vodafone’s top sellers in the state of Victoria. I was also known as ‘queen of the up - sell’ in store.
Pros
working in the CBD Melbourne
Cons
nothing...i loved it
Good while it lasted
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 June 2016
Great place to work from 2010 to 2014 lots of changes with management... No same procedures in all stores. UN organised, different rules made up.
No support at all

Great rewards to staff for excelling, hard to be promoted unless your a favourite
Pros
Trvael trips
Cons
Unorganized, no support
Sales person
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nerang QLD28 February 2016
My overall experience in Vodafone is not trustworthy because the management is not really concern about the business and employees.
learn how to become a good sales person
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  northbridge10 October 2014
1. Sold and got lots of iphone 5s or 5c's contracts
2. how to become good sales
how to get targets on time
how to get on well with workmates
how to operate computers
how to get passion with customer
3. have great management
4. nice and friendly person
alwarys help each other
5. sometimes slowly internet let customer wait feel so sorry about that
6. grop working
Fun workplace with lots of benefits
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia27 September 2014
1. Store opening and closing, focus on products and had to have all the knowledge about all the products and also the competitor.
2. I have learned how to sell mobile phone hand set, mobile phone plans to different people as their need.
3.The management of vodafone is exceptional and always they look after the employee needs.
4.Co-workers were very friendly.
5.As the store was very far where i used to live, traveling was bit hard.
6. The most enjoyable part was working in a very nice and friendly environment with lots of phones and fun.
Vodafone Company Review
Customer Service / Retail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA13 August 2014
working at Vodafone can sometimes be very challenging but I guess its all part of the today's work. a typical day at the company involves providing the right information to the right customer.
most phones repairs and adding new customer to the network

the management was very excellent and supportive, so were the my co workers. I guess the most enjoyable part of the job was the working environment.
Pros
execellent staff and working environment
Cons
this is a hard one... well at my time there I experience nothing negative
Average place to work. Average benefits, but work is good.
Engineer NMC (Current Employee) –  Auckland, North Shore2 October 2013
The network is very unpredictable, thus working in the "NOC" is full of surprises. The average day at work deals with monitoring of alarms, resetting mobile sites remotely and also via ASR routers. Escalation of faults to Resolver groups and also to Downer Engineering if a site visit is required. Notifying the business of the progress of the faults. Learning is an ongoing process because of changes in technology ( FUN and interesting ). Previous management was great, with new management time will tell, so far things have been smooth. My co-workers are good people to work with, because of shift rotation we develop a strong bond, because we can relay on each other. I cannot really point to anything specific being difficult about the job. It is like being in the 5th gear, once you in cruise mode it is smooth sailing all the way. Learning new technologies and applying it to the job. I love to learn about new technologies.
Pros
Medical and employee saving plan ( retirement )
Cons
no pay rise, removal of some benefits
Fun but busy and hectic work enviroment
National Program Cost Lead (Former Employee) –  PMO, Chatswood, Sydney18 June 2013
processing and tracking of financial cost data across the Vodafone 2013 program. Commercial analyses of vendors scope of work documents to ensure that pricing and vendor agreement are correct for purchase order coverage.Chasing missing information from Project delivery teams and vendors. Management of tracking vendor quotes to avoid duplications of purchase orders. Reporting of spends across the budget to measure actual spends versus financial forecast. Implementation of cost data base project including project planing based on PMP.
Pros
great place to learn and progress
Cons
missing structure and processes