Vodafone logo
Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Management reviews

Clear
Work–Life Balance

Found 40 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,125 reviews

Once a great Job but things have been declining for a while now...

Originally the job was great, Pay was good, Commission was great, and the culture was fantastic. over the past 12 months Vodafone has been on the decline. Removing employee benefits, Increasing the workload and lowering commission. Excelling at your job no longer rewards you to the same degree, My pay was effectively cut by ~6-10 thousand a year due to kpi and commission changes. The company started enforcing questionable policies and Customer care began sending any issues they didn't want to deal with into stores. Despite stores having limited to no power. Forcing employees to spend less time fulfilling their sales duties (which is the only way to get commission) and more time on the phone trying to resolve issues for customers that the stores having nothing to do with. The one positive thing I can say is Most of the store managers and almost all of the Assistant managers are fantastic and actually care about their employees. I've had nothing but considerate managers who are understanding with personal and sick leave. Territory managers however are terrible and are out of touch, they will question your knowledge directly in front of customers, Inform the customer of something themselves only to realise afterwards they were wrong and leaving the stores to find a way to "make it work". Majority of Staff are friendly however due to the competitiveness of the job you'll get thrown under the bus by your co workers if they can advance the corporate ladder in any way.

Official response from Vodafone

2 June 2021
So appreciate the time taken to leave this detailed review - I'm sorry to hear you are having a negative experience, and would love to speak with you further on this. Please do get in touch careers@vodafone.com.au

Constant change

Vodafone had a good culture of team work and customer focus. However, the constant threat of restructure made the environment difficult to commit to.

May have enjoyed but did not get the support in store location

The company culture was great though my experience was over shadowed by the lack of support from executives. There was constant pressure to make sales targets with out counting the other metrics of customer trouble shooting.

Fun place and good career progression

I had joined Vodafone at the time when they first came to Australia. Good colleagues, team work was important and good managers who encouraged staff to work effectively but yet have fun. Management encouraged training and career progrossion.

Pros

Fun place and fast-paced telco environment

Cons

Very competitive telco market causing shrinkage of workforce

Official response from Vodafone

4 May 2021
Thanks so much for your feedback - appreciate the time you've taken to review and good to hear that you enjoyed your time with Vodafone.

Productive fun workplace

Meet and greet many different types of people. Learned many aspects of the sale pitch. Learns fundamentals of the management position.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

An amazing job that didn't feel like a job!

As one of the top retail sales professionals, I sold mobile phones to customers from all backgrounds in a busy CBD location. I was always patient and courteous to all my clients and always acted in a professional manner. My role required me having an intricate knowledge of all the products we sold, including the plans we offered. My other roles included cash handling, balancing the register and opening and closing the store. During my time at the store I built and maintained strong business relationships with management and my clientele. My success and ability to easily meet targets led me to becoming one of Vodafone’s top sellers in the state of Victoria. I was also known as ‘queen of the up - sell’ in store.

Pros

working in the CBD Melbourne

Cons

nothing...i loved it

Good while it lasted

Great place to work from 2010 to 2014 lots of changes with management... No same procedures in all stores. UN organised, different rules made up. No support at all Great rewards to staff for excelling, hard to be promoted unless your a favourite

Pros

Trvael trips

Cons

Unorganized, no support

Sales person

My overall experience in Vodafone is not trustworthy because the management is not really concern about the business and employees.

VF Egypt review

A perfect company good environment to work in, Learned alot of things personal and in work experience , Management is professional and very friendly, I enjoyed every single day there

Pros

Free call package

Cons

Low salary

Sales Driven & Fast Paced

Duties *Opening and closing store *Processing Point of Sales start and end of shift *Banking *Stock Orders *Stock Replishment *Checking emails *Servicing *Processing Plans *Store Cleaning *Customer Service Management In store training dependant on manager was somewhat lacking Short term knowledge was unrealistic for person new to business Co-workers *Friendly *Some were helpful *some provided better training then managers Hardest Part *Sales Targets *Difficult Customers Enjoyable Part *Always busy with something to do *setting up phones for customers *problem solving devices issues

Pros

Cheap Plans within company for staff.

Cons

Face to Face Training was poor.

Jobs at Vodafone

See more jobs

Supporting Customers

A typical day for me presently starts around 8am going through the list of work that has been emailed into an amalgamated work queue from a number of different inboxes. Initially clearing the junk and spam mail that tends to slip through the gaps, it's straight into it. Working with both internal and external customers of Vodafone, I'm dealing with enquiries relating to connection, hardware, usage, billing, network and everything in between. As part of this with a changeover of team management to a different location I have also decided to monitor the "Failed Delivery Notifications" coming from emails that for a variety of reasons haven't got to where they are going, and raising feedback to both my colleagues and my superiors to make sure that the customer is not left hanging due to a missing email. Over the past 7 and a bit years with Vodafone and a little over 2 years in my current field of work, it has placed an emphasis on managing ones own workflow. Prioritising enquiries, managing multiple requests from different sources to get them completed to the best outcome for both the customer as well as the business. There are a few tough times where due to various launches SLA is nigh on impossible when the workload increases by a 4-500% overnight. The iPhone releases are a perfect example where we can go from receiving 75-90 requests overnight to in excess of 350 requests overnight. But there also the quieter times where you can really spend those few extra moments with a customer to continue to strengthen that relationship that has been built over several years. -

learn how to become a good sales person

1. Sold and got lots of iphone 5s or 5c's contracts 2. how to become good sales how to get targets on time how to get on well with workmates how to operate computers how to get passion with customer 3. have great management working in time fair treat everyone working time suitable help each others 4. nice and friendly person alwarys help each other 5. sometimes slowly internet let customer wait feel so sorry about that 6. grop working

Fun workplace with lots of benefits

1. Store opening and closing, focus on products and had to have all the knowledge about all the products and also the competitor. 2. I have learned how to sell mobile phone hand set, mobile phone plans to different people as their need. 3.The management of vodafone is exceptional and always they look after the employee needs. 4.Co-workers were very friendly. 5.As the store was very far where i used to live, traveling was bit hard. 6. The most enjoyable part was working in a very nice and friendly environment with lots of phones and fun.

Vodafone Company Review

working at Vodafone can sometimes be very challenging but I guess its all part of the today's work. a typical day at the company involves providing the right information to the right customer. most phones repairs and adding new customer to the network the management was very excellent and supportive, so were the my co workers. I guess the most enjoyable part of the job was the working environment.

Pros

execellent staff and working environment

Cons

this is a hard one... well at my time there I experience nothing negative

Culture and Management in Vodafone

Vodafone Australia had an excellent team culture a very formal yet fun place to be. Employees and managers always looked forward to work as Vodafone had created a culture of family which made it very comfortable and fun to work. Vodafone has taught me the art of negotiation and crisis management as dealing with customers and suppliers need lot of skill.It has taught me the various legal paper work and administration paper work which is involved in a business.

Pros

Free cricket tickets, Company dinner every 2 weeks and parties every month

Cons

Salary Packages

Average place to work. Average benefits, but work is good.

The network is very unpredictable, thus working in the "NOC" is full of surprises. The average day at work deals with monitoring of alarms, resetting mobile sites remotely and also via ASR routers. Escalation of faults to Resolver groups and also to Downer Engineering if a site visit is required. Notifying the business of the progress of the faults. Learning is an ongoing process because of changes in technology ( FUN and interesting ). Previous management was great, with new management time will tell, so far things have been smooth. My co-workers are good people to work with, because of shift rotation we develop a strong bond, because we can relay on each other. I cannot really point to anything specific being difficult about the job. It is like being in the 5th gear, once you in cruise mode it is smooth sailing all the way. Learning new technologies and applying it to the job. I love to learn about new technologies.

Pros

Medical and employee saving plan ( retirement )

Cons

no pay rise, removal of some benefits

Was always busy with new things to learn everyday

We would serve customers all day, was always exciting specially helping people with their purchase choices and making them feel comfortable with them. I learned that excellent customer service is always good. The management was always good, they kept us on our toes and made sure we were doing our job and knew what we were doing. The co-workers were enjoyable to work with, always professional. The most enjoyable part was being able to walk around, feel comfortable in the workplace and serve customers and not feel restricted to one area,

Pros

Morning meetings, one on one meeting with manager to see how you are doing

Fun but busy and hectic work enviroment

processing and tracking of financial cost data across the Vodafone 2013 program. Commercial analyses of vendors scope of work documents to ensure that pricing and vendor agreement are correct for purchase order coverage.Chasing missing information from Project delivery teams and vendors. Management of tracking vendor quotes to avoid duplications of purchase orders. Reporting of spends across the budget to measure actual spends versus financial forecast. Implementation of cost data base project including project planing based on PMP.

Pros

great place to learn and progress

Cons

missing structure and processes

Fun but busy work place

A typical day at work consisted of resolving customers issues (billing, default listing, closing deceased accounts). I learnt how to manage disgruntled customers, privacy act (every 12 months), the entire collections proceedures to name a few. I liaised daily with managers internally and dealt with managers of our DCA (debt collection agencies - external). The hardest part of the job was dealing with families of those who were deceased as well as investigating issues with defaults that VHA (Vodafone Hutchison Australia) had listed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of resolving disputes by getting the best outcome for customer and VHA and people that I worked with.

Pros

free mobile phone, executive lunches, monthly birthday cakes

Cons

travel time

Previously fun place to work

My initial employment with Vodafone was fun. The company values were selected by the staff and management and were implemented some two years or so into my employment. Unfortunately due to a change in management and subsequent merger with the 3 network the values were changed by management and hence the working environment changed. Advancement within the company was possible but over my time there I saw too many people advance to lower/middle management and then made redundant.

Pros

good salary

Cons

change of values