Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Pay & Benefits reviews

Originally the job was great, Pay was good, Commission was great, and the culture was fantastic. over the past 12 months Vodafone has been on the decline. Removing employee benefits, Increasing the workload and lowering commission. Excelling at your job no longer rewards you to the same degree, My pay was effectively cut by ~6-10 thousand a year due to kpi and commission changes. The company started enforcing questionable policies and Customer care began sending any issues they didn't want to deal with into stores. Despite stores having limited to no power. Forcing employees to spend less time fulfilling their sales duties (which is the only way to get commission) and more time on the phone trying to resolve issues for customers that the stores having nothing to do with. The one positive thing I can say is Most of the store managers and almost all of the Assistant managers are fantastic and actually care about their employees. I've had nothing but considerate managers who are understanding with personal and sick leave. Territory managers however are terrible and are out of touch, they will question your knowledge directly in front of customers, Inform the customer of something themselves only to realise afterwards they were wrong and leaving the stores to find a way to "make it work". Majority of Staff are friendly however due to the competitiveness of the job you'll get thrown under the bus by your co workers if they can advance the corporate ladder in any way.
Worked at Vodafone for a few years, being a fulltime sales associate was probably where i should have stayed as good money if you do well in sales and management usually treat the high performers like a god. Moving into a management role no real guidance or support, constantly have to be available to staff even on days off. Overtime is EXPECTED and a lot of it would usually work 45-46 hours only paid for 37.5 hours. Targets forever increasing. attending meetings to head office is compulsory even when you live over 70KM away and don't get paid any travel allowance. Would recommend for uni students as potential to earn good money as part time sales associate
Pros
Good for uni students, good money
Cons
Overworked and under appreciated
Salary and benefits are above average and the staff training and management team are great, always looking to help and move workers into suitable positions to achieve personal growth.
Vodafone has a great working environment and also gives good work life balance. My manager encourages me for all the challenges. It's a good learning and training experience. there is always something different that motivates you to work more. Good Support. Good Culture. Flexible working locations, Good Benifits, Amazing Company that has given me the opportunity to meet hundreds of types of different people. Vodafone is a very nice place to work.
Pros
Good work life balance, job security, training
Cons
till now i am happy with my job
Good team work with great managers.good work hours and enviorment. close to shops and restraunts. healthy work enviorment and less stressfull job then most other places.
great place to work, flexible working location, good management, good benefits, excellent development support. Great team and fantastic work / live balance
Vodafone was a good company to work for. They looked after there employee's and provided them with great staff benefits. There was always room to progress your career.
Meet and greet many different types of people. Learned many aspects of the sale pitch. Learns fundamentals of the management position.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Hours to short People is nice as well Boss is very friendly they are very supportive They give 100% trust in the employee but they don't give us enough hours in the week. No paid for Break
Pros
10% off
Cons
Flexible time
it great working with Vodafone coz you make lots of friends and the manager there is really nice as well they are nice and friendly staff memebers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
A perfect company good environment to work in, Learned alot of things personal and in work experience , Management is professional and very friendly, I enjoyed every single day there
Pros
Free call package
Cons
Low salary
A good working environment , a wide scale technical experience and user interaction , transportation was provided , good benefits
Pros
Lunch and free business phone line
Cons
Lack of career growth
1. Sold and got lots of iphone 5s or 5c's contracts 2. how to become good sales how to get targets on time how to get on well with workmates how to operate computers how to get passion with customer 3. have great management working in time fair treat everyone working time suitable help each others 4. nice and friendly person alwarys help each other 5. sometimes slowly internet let customer wait feel so sorry about that 6. grop working
I would really appreciate that what the Vodafone says, that's what it's doing: We strive to have the best people working for us and we really look after each other. When our people do great things, we pause to celebrate. We use rewards and awards to recognize and inspire achievement. And we actively seek team members who bring different perspectives to our thinking. My life motto: Work hard, play hard...
Pros
benefits like company handset, notebook and free mobile internet:), also trainings on regular base
This was environment that was always under pressure. We had a team that dealt with the customers and the technicians at the same time. Our job was to fix high end customers issues such as for EG ATMS that were broken or business phones. These jobs were given a priority and we had a certain time to fix them.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long hours and stressful
Vodafone Australia had an excellent team culture a very formal yet fun place to be. Employees and managers always looked forward to work as Vodafone had created a culture of family which made it very comfortable and fun to work. Vodafone has taught me the art of negotiation and crisis management as dealing with customers and suppliers need lot of skill.It has taught me the various legal paper work and administration paper work which is involved in a business.
Pros
Free cricket tickets, Company dinner every 2 weeks and parties every month
Cons
Salary Packages
The network is very unpredictable, thus working in the "NOC" is full of surprises. The average day at work deals with monitoring of alarms, resetting mobile sites remotely and also via ASR routers. Escalation of faults to Resolver groups and also to Downer Engineering if a site visit is required. Notifying the business of the progress of the faults. Learning is an ongoing process because of changes in technology ( FUN and interesting ). Previous management was great, with new management time will tell, so far things have been smooth. My co-workers are good people to work with, because of shift rotation we develop a strong bond, because we can relay on each other. I cannot really point to anything specific being difficult about the job. It is like being in the 5th gear, once you in cruise mode it is smooth sailing all the way. Learning new technologies and applying it to the job. I love to learn about new technologies.
Pros
Medical and employee saving plan ( retirement )
Cons
no pay rise, removal of some benefits
My initial employment with Vodafone was fun. The company values were selected by the staff and management and were implemented some two years or so into my employment. Unfortunately due to a change in management and subsequent merger with the 3 network the values were changed by management and hence the working environment changed. Advancement within the company was possible but over my time there I saw too many people advance to lower/middle management and then made redundant.
Pros
good salary
Cons
change of values
Like a typical day at work, i was taught to call up companies and make appoinments to join vodafone as their way of changing from one company to another at a cheaper price. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the appoinments but the most enjoyable was having breaks all together and having a laugh.
Pros
provided long breaks and free lunch
Cons
not enough pay for long hours