Volvo
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Volvo Employee Reviews

Australia28 reviews
Good job,well paid, unfortunately bad time work-wise for the company due to budget cuts,would like to of stayed on further, management was great and made you feel part of a team..m
Friendly bunch of guys to work with. Always a story to tell at the end of the day. Plenty of work with minimal downtime. Supervisors can sometimes be nerve racking when something does not go to plan
Very sad to leave this company, would return promptly if requested. Easy to learn the basics, and future progression within the company is encouraged.
early start early finish
very varied working working enviroment with plenty of interesting people from all walks of life, always somthing to do every day
From the minute you start you have your career at your feet. If you work hard there are multiple opportunities available not only in Australia but Globally.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Head office location
Improving work culture and management flexible with working hours.
Never a dull moment in the office as always kept busy as they strive to be number one.
Worked in pre delivery got stuck on hubcap changes all day.

Very negative attitudes from the two older pre delivery technicians and a lot of favouritism in the pre delivery workshop, but the guys in the main shop seemed ok.

Waste of time for me personally. Management/workshop manager needs people skills. Also noted very low worker morale, workers would often complain about not advancing after working in the shop for years and not being trusted on the job.
Pros
Cons
Hometime
Has management issues with high staff tun over. Company was overall great to work for with good process set in place. Most sections all worked as team players
Every day at work was rewarding, and I loved going. I would get to my station half hr early just to set up, to unlock my tools and get out what i needed and have it ready, to find out my line-up of different variant truck cabs for the day and order any small parts I needed if I wasn't stocked up for the day/week.
I got along great with my supervisors, line technicians and co-workers which made my days even more enjoyable. If I wasn't hungry on my breaks i would just work through them and if I ended up being ahead I would take a walk down my line to see if anybody needed a hand with their station because I loved being a part of something so great. In doing so I was able to learn numerous different stations and add to my skills matrix.

Volvo trucks was the first job that i was actually keen to get out of bed for at 3:30/4am and get ready for.

So I guess the hardest part of my job was to leave each afternoon and most enjoyable part would have been waking up to start my day off.

I also loved the hrs 5&6am starts with the odd overtime which i loved and the option to work over the christmas shutdown period which i always took.
Pros
Excellent canteen, regular learning experience and career development opportunities.
Cons
none.
Enjoyable place to work and good work balance. Company offers good health programs. I have learned a lot about truck manufacturing and driving trucks as well.
1. Always busy due to massive workload
2. Friendly staff

3. Great friendships are developed

4 Job opportunities are always available (weekly)

5. Longevity of service at the organisation are possible
Pros
Great Superannuation
Cons
Unacceptable work/life balance for management. A culture of under resourcing and overloading. Lack of support from overseas managers. Don't walk the talk, don't listen to managers on the ground.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not treated with respect
Progressed from Heavy Vehicle Mechanic to Service Adviser, looking after daily work shop workflow, ensuring parts availability for work progress, and completion.
Pros
Well equipped workshop
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Volvo in Melbourne was a joy to work for, there was constant bonuses and perks, and I was valued to such an extent, was a great team I worked with, great product. Over all I really enjoyed my time spent at Volvo
Great culture and workmates
Excellent management in place with understanding and friendly supervisors to report too

Great variety of work and clean workshop
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Can be demanding at times
High Quality Commercial Trucks are manufactured each day. The work is difficult, but rewarding. I have learned so much about building Trucks and what it takes to build quality into the product from the beginning of the Design process through to the end.
This company is ok to work for, working hours were a bit hard to take being on call 24/7 for break down service. I would work for them again depending on hours required.
poor management , no advancement ,negative work environment
bullying culture ,favorites getting preferential treatment

discrimitive culture where physical appearance or ability is used against people
Learned a great deal about the parts sector with my time at Volvo and thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company. Sourcing parts on short notice and picking orders for various truck companies like Linfox, Toll, Patrick etc really like working in the industry and found it very rewarding!
Pros
Variety with in the job
Cons
no cons
Pick, Pick, Pick need to be an accurate picker, management was good, co-workers works just as hard, the hardest part of the job is coming into work motivated, the most enjoyable day is when I have completed appropriate daily tasks and choirs
A friendly enviroment to work in Ive learnt most of the job requirements in two months i only have 1 co worker and we get along fine very funny lad the hardest part would be dealing with lazy workers from warehouse 1 but it all good i just focus on my game ;))
Pros
free bbqs every 3 mths for the company.