Volvo Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 1,883 reviews
Pre delivery technician 2017
Pre delivery (Former Employee) –  Chullora NSW4 May 2018
Worked in pre delivery got stuck on hubcap changes all day.

Very negative attitudes from the two older pre delivery technicians and a lot of favouritism in the pre delivery workshop, but the guys in the main shop seemed ok.

Waste of time for me personally. Management/workshop manager needs people skills. Also noted very low worker morale, workers would often complain about not advancing after working in the shop for years and not being trusted on the job.
Pros
Cons
Hometime
Very productive and fun workplace, great people to work with, opportunity to learn operations in new sectors and grow.
assembler / gantry crane operator (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD4 February 2018
Every day at work was rewarding, and I loved going. I would get to my station half hr early just to set up, to unlock my tools and get out what i needed and have it ready, to find out my line-up of different variant truck cabs for the day and order any small parts I needed if I wasn't stocked up for the day/week.
I got along great with my supervisors, line technicians and co-workers which made my days even more enjoyable. If I wasn't hungry on my breaks i would just work through them and if I ended up being ahead I would take a walk down my line to see if anybody needed a hand with their station because I loved being a part of something so great. In doing so I was able to learn numerous different stations and add to my skills matrix.
Volvo trucks was the first job that i was actually keen to get out of bed for at 3:30/4am and get ready for.
So I guess the hardest part of my job was to leave each afternoon and most enjoyable part would have been waking up to start my day off.
I also loved the hrs 5&6am starts with the odd overtime which i loved and the option to work over the christmas shutdown period which i always took.
Pros
Excellent canteen, regular learning experience and career development opportunities.
Cons
none.
productive workplace
Volvo National Fleet Sales Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Wacol QLD17 September 2017
Enjoyable place to work and good work balance. Company offers good health programs. I have learned a lot about truck manufacturing and driving trucks as well.
Volvo is a very progressive and innovative organisation
Aftersales Fleet Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 July 2017
1. Always busy due to massive workload
2. Friendly staff
3. Great friendships are developed
4 Job opportunities are always available (weekly)
5. Longevity of service at the organisation are possible
Pros
Great Superannuation
Cons
Give long service and treated poorly
Head of Volvo Penta Oceania (Former Employee) –  Coomera QLD26 April 2017
Unacceptable work/life balance for management. A culture of under resourcing and overloading. Lack of support from overseas managers. Don't walk the talk, don't listen to managers on the ground.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not treated with respect
Assistant Accountant Intern (Former Employee) –  malaysia23 April 2017
I learned how to work harmoniously in a team of different cultures and i also learned heaps about my job tasks and responsibilities. Which makes me more keen to do more accounting roles.

The channel of authority is centralised making it easier and better for employees to carry out work operations
Pros
free food
Cons
more work
Close to Home
Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC20 April 2017
Progressed from Heavy Vehicle Mechanic to Service Adviser, looking after daily work shop workflow, ensuring parts availability for work progress, and completion.
Pros
Well equipped workshop
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Fair and valued
Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia10 March 2017
Volvo in Melbourne was a joy to work for, there was constant bonuses and perks, and I was valued to such an extent, was a great team I worked with, great product. Over all I really enjoyed my time spent at Volvo
Friendly and exciting place to work
Heavy Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD6 March 2017
Great culture and workmates
Excellent management in place with understanding and friendly supervisors to report too
Great variety of work and clean workshop
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Can be demanding at times
Excellent Company to work for
RTO Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 February 2017
High Quality Commercial Trucks are manufactured each day. The work is difficult, but rewarding. I have learned so much about building Trucks and what it takes to build quality into the product from the beginning of the Design process through to the end.
nice place to work at the time
Assistant Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT3 July 2016
This company is ok to work for, working hours were a bit hard to take being on call 24/7 for break down service. I would work for them again depending on hours required.
negative hostile environment
Warehouse Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Minto NSW6 June 2016
poor management , no advancement ,negative work environment
bullying culture ,favorites getting preferential treatment
discrimitive culture where physical appearance or ability is used against people
Storeperson/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 February 2016
Learned a great deal about the parts sector with my time at Volvo and thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company. Sourcing parts on short notice and picking orders for various truck companies like Linfox, Toll, Patrick etc really like working in the industry and found it very rewarding!
Pros
Variety with in the job
Cons
no cons
Picking customers orders accurately
Warehouse LO picker (via Chandler Macleod (Former Employee) –  Wacol, QLD18 May 2015
Pick, Pick, Pick need to be an accurate picker, management was good, co-workers works just as hard, the hardest part of the job is coming into work motivated, the most enjoyable day is when I have completed appropriate daily tasks and choirs
Very productive every day keeps me on my feet on switched on every day!!!
Leading hand/Storeman (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD22 February 2015
A friendly enviroment to work in Ive learnt most of the job requirements in two months i only have 1 co worker and we get along fine very funny lad the hardest part would be dealing with lazy workers from warehouse 1 but it all good i just focus on my game ;))
Pros
free bbqs every 3 mths for the company.
Good place to work but hard to get on higher paying levels
Storeman (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD9 December 2014
Picking/packing
Operating buggies LO?LF
General warehouse duties
In house computer systems
Pros
Every fortnight friday rdo
Cons
set holidays at school holidays for longer than annual leave days
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW21 August 2014
This was a most enjoyable job, with opportunities to make a difference. I gained a great deal of my skills and experience during my time in this job
productive
WODONGA - DEISEL MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Albury, S19 March 2014
as the company was a Mach, Volvo and UD Dealership worked and carried a various of technical and diagnostics on all three brands. Part of duties were that I would carry out 24 hour on call as well as my daily duties in the workshop,
always go on training
Technician (Former Employee) –  kuwait13 January 2014
Volvo is one of the safes car in the world and high technology
productive .a good company to work for .
store man (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD9 October 2013
my job as a storeman was to investigate and fix all the pick errors at all the stations in the truck production line I would get called down to a station and they would tell me the part number that is missing the I would go back to the warehouse find the part location and then do a cycle count on the missing part and if the count was correct I would then go back to production and look for the part 9 out of 10 its been put in the wrong trolley or bounced out on the way done to production or it could have been wrong part put in wrong location and if so I would have to fix this problem strait away so it didn't happen again on the next pick. I learnt a lot at Volvo they also put me through certificate lll in transport and logistics (warehousing and storage).I got on with over 450 people there It was a stress full job but I enjoy and get great satisfaction solving problems
Pros
BBQ's
Cons
good houly rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volvo. Our community is ready to answer.