Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Good opportunity to accelerate one's career

Good opportunity to accelerate one's career especially in Ayers Rock Resort. Do need some resilience if moving to Yulara but usually a good and memorable experience to everyone.

Pros

Free Lunch and discounted accomodation

Good place for work in every aspect, no merit based geowth since 2019

Could have better leaders, especially gm's of the hotels Head of departments especially FnB department between 2019 n 2021. Do not care to retain good workers, I have seen 1000s of good employees come n go I my 5 years term and the management do not care at all, seems like it is on of their policies to not care for hard-working staff.

Pros

People around are great

Cons

Non merit based growth

Productive with opportunity to gain skills and experience to further advance your career path

I found working at voyages a pleasure with meeting a lot of interesting people's and colleagues. working with young indigenous people's to help gain and support their future career advancements

Pros

Housing accommodation is provided for stuff

Cons

Not enough recognition for indigenous staff to advanced

Learning experience in hospitality

It cover all aspects of hospitality and has very good mise en place and would recommend it for anyone to work there and enjoy the experience in working in a diversed work environment..

Working Opportunity

I really like work in this company, but I think they should give people opportunity to people who are honest. Some of people I know without experience but lying on resume got the job, while people that honest with their resume even with their degree didn't get a chance at all.

With a physical job but a good team work make it easy!

A good place to work in the middle of Australia desert, where you can save all your income. No where to spend your money. Cheap staff accommodation and shuttle bus service. Staff discount rate apply to all service in hotel (restaurant, supermarket, book store, souvenir and cafe) Also a relocation bonus and holiday bonus.

Staff Accommodation is too noisy

Many uneducated people there. They do not care someone who suffer from party noise. and they use the big speaker. so annoyed place and not livable at all

good, but could be better

there are pros and cons to working with this company, they need to seat down and talk to the people who work for them. if the company keeps the workers happy everything would be 100 percent better

Hardly any support from HR

Biggest pro is meeting and making lifelong friends! Hardly received any support from HR. Especially as you are relocating to the middle of nowhere. Job pay is very average good to save money unless you drink or smoke. Very small town (2 min drive around it all) very remote.

Pros

People you meet!

Cons

Pay rate is average, hardly any support for staff out of work, remote

Great experience.

It was a beautiful experience living and working out at Ayers Rock Resort. I got to learn new things and meet new people try different foods, experience different cultures and arts.

Pros

Great place to work.

Cons

To far from family.

Absolutely amazing

Working For voyages is a great opportunity for anyone looking to escape the big city life for a change of lifestyle, working in yulara with the team is an amazing experience.

Pros

Free lunches, good pay

Cons

The heat

Fulfilling and challenging

Loved my time with Voyages they were brilliant to work for. Housing at my level was really comfortable and the job was very challenging, I had a great team.

Pros

Working in an Iconic part of Australia

Cons

remoteness

Terrible attitude from HR, ZERO support from senior management.

Sadly, relocated to Ayers Rock Resort from NSW in 2012 as a Security Officer. Having worked in a vast field of the industry upon arriving and seeing what the security control room was like I knew it wasn’t going to be an easy adjustment. They lacked to provide the necessary equipment in order for us to do our role effectively, I was there in winter and we didn’t even have jumpers/jackets given to us where on occasion can easily get into the minuses at night. The primary role just like any in the industry is to protect people and property though without having management and HR backing us was a real let down. We were instructed to what we had to do, abiding by NT legislation though when we enforced the rules HR and alike 9/10 revoked the punishment and let everyone get away with murder, (not in the literal sense) Having the Police in Yulara would make you think it’s going to be reasonably safe working and living there, absolutely not. Back then most residents didn’t call the police in an emergency but instead us as we had a much quicker response time. During my 6 months, I attended, first on the scene violent assaults, domestic abuse cases and brutal sexual assaults. None of this reaches the media either. I highly doubt things have changed.

Pros

Friends I made

Cons

No support from management, Hr, Security Manager. Everyone hates Security.

To hot

Pretty hot out at yalara every day theres about 200 flies on your face, everyday it feels like 100 degrees Celsius but good experience overall met good local people

Progressed from towns electrician to hotels maintenance supervisor

Like all small towns it had it's problems, but I enjoyed working there. Worked in Tech services as an electrician and then was promoted to being hotels supervisor for the 5 star hotel as there was 5 hotels there which different star ratings. Was a great bunch of people and I enjoyed going to the staff pub for a meal and competition darts. There was plenty to do from going to the gym and pools to events that were organised to do.

Pros

People

Cons

Long way away from the nearest city

Good company to gain experience

Good company to gain experience, not to have professional growth. No support from management. Can make good friends. The culture is not very good and lots of turnover

Good woking place

loved working there but just to far from family members and partner. just always wanted to come home loved work with the people I worked with, and also and friends I made in my traineeship.

positive workplace

great training and opportunities relocation available to work at voyages different locations equal opportunities for gender and race always on rotation with shifts never the same shift or days off opportunities to move around and try different sections of the workplace.

Pros

free meal on duty

Cons

sometimes overtime and early mornings

Nice workplace and nice people. Management: a bit weird.

Typical day at work: temporary assignment has been easy for me. Learned: new operating systems. Management: her behaviors are still a mystery. Workplace culture: good. Hardest: no hardest, plenty of time with no work. Most enjoyable: when I could learn something.

Pros

nice and central workplace

Cons

manager not talking at all

Productive work place, good team of people

A normal day is serving customers, cleaning register areas, returning stock to shelves, returning baskets. I have learned better people skills and retail skills. Co-workers are very nice people, easy to work and get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with tourists and other residents

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Late hours

Perfect

I absolutely love Voyages and Yulara, it's because of this company that I have been able to explore alternative career options. My manager not only holds so much knowledge of the industry but he allows me to advance myself professionally by providing me with the training I will need to progress further in my career. The town itself is like a home away from home, everyone is friendly and welcoming at the start and you really make life long friends by living in such a small community.

Pros

Staff lunch, opportunity to find yourself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia Reviews by Location