Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
I really like work in this company, but I think they should give people opportunity to people who are honest. Some of people I know without experience but lying on resume got the job, while people that honest with their resume even with their degree didn't get a chance at all.
It cover all aspects of hospitality and has very good mise en place and would recommend it for anyone to work there and enjoy the experience in working in a diversed work environment..
A good place to work in the middle of Australia desert, where you can save all your income. No where to spend your money. Cheap staff accommodation and shuttle bus service. Staff discount rate apply to all service in hotel (restaurant, supermarket, book store, souvenir and cafe) Also a relocation bonus and holiday bonus.
Many uneducated people there. They do not care someone who suffer from party noise. and they use the big speaker. so annoyed place and not livable at all
there are pros and cons to working with this company, they need to seat down and talk to the people who work for them. if the company keeps the workers happy everything would be 100 percent better
Biggest pro is meeting and making lifelong friends! Hardly received any support from HR. Especially as you are relocating to the middle of nowhere. Job pay is very average good to save money unless you drink or smoke. Very small town (2 min drive around it all) very remote.
Pros
People you meet!
Cons
Pay rate is average, hardly any support for staff out of work, remote
It was a beautiful experience living and working out at Ayers Rock Resort. I got to learn new things and meet new people try different foods, experience different cultures and arts.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
To far from family.
Working For voyages is a great opportunity for anyone looking to escape the big city life for a change of lifestyle, working in yulara with the team is an amazing experience.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay
Cons
The heat
Loved my time with Voyages they were brilliant to work for.
Housing at my level was really comfortable and the job was very challenging, I had a great team.
Pros
Working in an Iconic part of Australia
Cons
remoteness
Sadly, relocated to Ayers Rock Resort from NSW in 2012 as a Security Officer. Having worked in a vast field of the industry upon arriving and seeing what the security control room was like I knew it wasn’t going to be an easy adjustment. They lacked to provide the necessary equipment in order for us to do our role effectively, I was there in winter and we didn’t even have jumpers/jackets given to us where on occasion can easily get into the minuses at night.

The primary role just like any in the industry is to protect people and property though without having management and HR backing us was a real let down.

We were instructed to what we had to do, abiding by NT legislation though when we enforced the rules HR and alike 9/10 revoked the punishment and let everyone get away with murder, (not in the literal sense)

Having the Police in Yulara would make you think it’s going to be reasonably safe working and living there, absolutely not. Back then most residents didn’t call the police in an emergency but instead us as we had a much quicker response time. During my 6 months, I attended, first on the scene violent assaults, domestic abuse cases and brutal sexual assaults. None of this reaches the media either.

I highly doubt things have changed.
Pros
Friends I made
Cons
No support from management, Hr, Security Manager. Everyone hates Security.
Pretty hot out at yalara every day theres about 200 flies on your face, everyday it feels like 100 degrees Celsius but good experience overall met good local people
Like all small towns it had it's problems, but I enjoyed working there.
Worked in Tech services as an electrician and then was promoted to being hotels supervisor for the 5 star hotel as there was 5 hotels there which different star ratings.

Was a great bunch of people and I enjoyed going to the staff pub for a meal and competition darts.

There was plenty to do from going to the gym and pools to events that were organised to do.
Pros
People
Cons
Long way away from the nearest city
Good company to gain experience, not to have professional growth. No support from management. Can make good friends. The culture is not very good and lots of turnover
loved working there but just to far from family members and partner.

just always wanted to come home loved work with the people I worked with, and also and friends I made in my traineeship.
great training and opportunities
relocation available to work at voyages different locations

equal opportunities for gender and race

always on rotation with shifts never the same shift or days off

opportunities to move around and try different sections of the workplace.
Pros
free meal on duty
Cons
sometimes overtime and early mornings
Typical day at work: temporary assignment has been easy for me.
Learned: new operating systems.

Management: her behaviors are still a mystery.

Workplace culture: good.

Hardest: no hardest, plenty of time with no work.

Most enjoyable: when I could learn something.
Pros
nice and central workplace
Cons
manager not talking at all
A normal day is serving customers, cleaning register areas, returning stock to shelves, returning baskets.
I have learned better people skills and retail skills.

Co-workers are very nice people, easy to work and get along with.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with tourists and other residents
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Late hours
I absolutely love Voyages and Yulara, it's because of this company that I have been able to explore alternative career options.

My manager not only holds so much knowledge of the industry but he allows me to advance myself professionally by providing me with the training I will need to progress further in my career.

The town itself is like a home away from home, everyone is friendly and welcoming at the start and you really make life long friends by living in such a small community.
Pros
Staff lunch, opportunity to find yourself