W.LANE
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

W.LANE Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews
You are only as good as your last sale. The staff I worked with great but the area managers and higher up were far too pushy in meeting KPI. No thanks when you did well in sales but plenty to say when sales were not good.
Not a positive happy environment to work in. Very quiet most the time. They do constant sales then put back to full price, have customers unhappy about it. Negative and nasty
The management is wonderful and supportive. The whole office is extremely friendly and welcoming. Lots of travelling opportunities across the country.
w.lane is a good place to work. working here is a very good experience for my future career.i learned alot about customer service in w.lane. Co-workers and all staff is very friendly.
Serving customer, merchandising, weekly reports.

Retail environment. Policies and procedures. Merchandising for store using standards.

Management encouraging staff to exceed KPIs. All staff are given their own indicators. Company have many competitions to encourage sales.

All Top Ryde staff work well as a team. Two of the companies other stores are located next door. I was regularly required to help out when needed and gained experience gaining knowledge in the different clothing lines.

Hardest part of the job was the centre was very quiet. During this time to took advantage to re-merchandise and tidy the store.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers, many return customers. They were happy to tell me all about their holidays and family life etc. I had a customer who went as far as sending in an email to head office as she was so happy with my service. She came into the store feeling pessimistic about finding an outfit for an upcoming job interview. She had lost a lot of weight and was not sure what suited her. I showed her many outfits and she ended up buying one and walked out very optimistic about the interview. She was walking past the store a week later and saw me and thanked me for my help and wanted to tell me that she got the job. The letter was placed in the company's quarterly report and I was given recognition by management.
Pros
Great clothes
Cons
Store too quiet
My day at work consisted with customer service, resizing stock, adding new stock, rotating of shelves, banking, closing and opening of premises.
My learning exp within the store was how to enter new stock, eftpos, how to merchandise the store when new stock arrived.

Management were very helpful in learning the company, also benefits on how well I did.

Being only small store there was only myself and my manager or worked by myself and then had a casual assist with the lunch break who were very good to work with.

The hardest part of the job was when the day was very quiet but always found something to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship you acquired with the customers.
Pros
Customer satisfaction
Cons
People found that the quality was good but too expensive so therefore was hard to sell.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at W.LANE. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8