W.LANE Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

2.8Pay & Benefits
3.3Job Security & Advancement
Boutique ladies clothing store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Top Ryde, Sydney14 June 2015
Serving customer, merchandising, weekly reports.

Retail environment. Policies and procedures. Merchandising for store using standards.

Management encouraging staff to exceed KPIs. All staff are given their own indicators. Company have many competitions to encourage sales.

All Top Ryde staff work well as a team. Two of the companies other stores are located next door. I was regularly required to help out when needed and gained experience gaining knowledge in the different clothing lines.

Hardest part of the job was the centre was very quiet. During this time to took advantage to re-merchandise and tidy the store.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers, many return customers. They were happy to tell me all about their holidays and family life etc. I had a customer who went as far as sending in an email to head office as she was so happy with my service. She came into the store feeling pessimistic about finding an outfit for an upcoming job interview. She had lost a lot of weight and was not sure what suited her. I showed her many outfits and she ended up buying one and walked out very optimistic about the interview. She was walking past the store a week later and saw me and thanked me for my help and wanted to tell me that she got the job. The letter was placed in the company's quarterly report and I was given recognition by management.
Pros
Great clothes
Cons
Store too quiet