Wargaming.net Employee Reviews

Highly stressful environment
Business Analyst Internship (Former Employee) –  Cyprus31 July 2018
Very stressful and you are expected to work outside business hours but at least there are some good benefits, such as gym and cafeteria. Not everyone employed is worthy though and there are clashes between effective and non-effective employees.
Fun Company
Global Level Design Manager/Senior Level Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX31 May 2018
I very much enjoyed my time working at WG Austin. Unfortunately our division in the Austin Studio was shut down. The division was an advisory roll with no direct show of financial revenue to the company. Even though our department was directly responsible for task strike teams sent to rescue and support all WG's new game releases during the last months before launch.
Pros
Travel and Global Cultural Sharing and making awesome games.
Cons
Division could not prove It's financial value, despite direct game improvements.
Productive and fun
Interpreter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Московская область12 May 2018
I worked only at a single event hosted by Wargaming and I am absolutely fond of the organization and the way they treated employees (even temporary ones like me). I wish I could work here for a longer period.
Great games and great people
Game Client Developer (Current Employee) –  Belarus, Minsk15 March 2018
While I enjoyed relaxed and friendly environment, there was to little space for an initiative, and lack of control over the project. This is mostly due big company size, and project team size.
Pros
Good benefits, work/life balance, salary
Cons
Company is too big for me
Great introduction to video game start-up publishing
Sr. Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA12 February 2018
When I began Wargaming I had no understanding of what Free-To-Play meant along with tournament gameplay with Esports. The company was great in embracing the PC game to console and mobile. Learned a lot more about how another side of the entertainment industry works through video games.
Would like to grow my illustration work for a similar role.
Pros
Video Game Artwork making and design
Cons
The position didn’t allow for any career elevation - deemed overqualified.
Wargaming
Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CA30 January 2018
A great place to get your foot in the door in gaming. Was below the ranks and now run a department which the skills can translate to so much which I appreciate.
It was good
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA9 August 2017
I had got to learn a bit more about game development. this was my first job and it was fun. I mostly did a telecommute for work. The management was great at telling me what I needed to know before I started my day. Being able to see a blank screen turn into a working map in a game was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Professional Yet Relaxed Work Atmosphere
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 February 2017
Fair compensation, Awesome people, good work-life balance. I will be sad to leave this place behind, and will always fondly remember my time spent working here.
Fun & ambitious company that has room for improvement
Employee (Current Employee) –  Boulogne-Billancourt (92)27 November 2016
Wargaming started small, but is going for the podium, sometimes at a human cost.

The company and its high management have high ambitions to turn the company into something really big. Nonetheless, it's sometimes the human factor that doesn't get taken into account. Organization is also a bit messy, and sometimes feel like some people don't know what they're doing, but get credit for it.

Although not indispensable, there is a lack of transparency at many levels, whether it's about management of future projects.
The cooperation within regions and departments could use some improvements.

Empower your staff with more trust, get them involved! Everyone is in the same boat, hard distinctions and inequalities of treatment can slow you down in your conquest.

It's hard to keep things fun and ambitious while having everyone's motivation levels always at the maximum. But you have the means to do it!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, scope of work, business perspectives
Cons
Lack of transparency, feeling of wrong people being at high positions or not knowing what they're doing, disregard of human factor.
Excellent environment, Productive
Internship in the Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Nicosia, Cyprus4 September 2014
Very interesting and helpful for an intern. Various tasks were assigned to interns which helped get an understanding of how the organisation works and how success is achieved.
The most enjoyable part of the job was most certainly the interaction with clients and the excellent working environment and conditions among colleagues.
Could be worse
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA4 December 2013
Managers were overwhelmingly incompetent and untrustworthy. One lead would often campaign their employees to submarine other leads via Human Resources.

Communication between departments is barely functional. Community department often makes errors that are published live on the website for public consumption on a weekly basis that other departments are then required to clean up. People are rarely held accountable for inferior work and lazy employees are promoted due to a culture of no accountability and back-room deals. Conversations that are held under the guise of a private 1-on-1 are then told to colleagues and used against you. You can not trust anyone here.

The product(World of Tanks) itself is sub-par and support from HQ overseas is not given in a timely manner. The pay is well below industry standards yet leads will try and sell you on the fact that you are well paid, despite obvious contradictory facts.

Although a gaming company, you are not allowed to play any other games at any time. There are no gaming system perks or fun.

Do not work here unless you plan to temporarily. More than 20 people have quit or been fired since Jan 2013, nearly a third of the office.
Pros
Beer fridays, some employees
Cons
Pretty much everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wargaming.net. Our community is ready to answer.