Water Corporation Employee Reviews

Company ok but management not really got clue how to manage workloads and people
SCADA Support Engineer - Contract 1year (Current Employee) –  Perth WA5 March 2019

Total waste of time trying to have a career here, its management just change plans and projects at drop of hat, run like typical government agency. easy to work there but soul destroying
Pros
Cons
no change of career
Ideal for people who like working by themselves
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 October 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed this job due to the flexibility of the starting hours and the great management. The challenges I faced are the harsh weather conditions, repetitive walking and near incidents with dogs and insects.
Pros
Fairly independent
Cons
Poor weather conditions
High stress workplace, but good rewards.
Asset Performance Regional / Asset Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA9 October 2018
40 odd years of service at a variety of positions and locations.
Good rewards for hard work.
Some interesting and varied work, although a lot of it is repetative.
Pros
Securety
Cons
Stress
Rewarding
Contract Officer (L4) (Former Employee) –  Leederville WA9 September 2018
Creating BIDs and evaluation of documents to create a contract with a supplier was most rewarding. Friendships made with work colleagues was fun. Management was supportive.
Pros
Flexable working hours
Cons
No onsite parking
Overall Experience
Executive Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leederville WA18 July 2018
I spent 5 years working for this Company. To this day I still love it and the people whom I had the pleasure to work with. Like any job it really depends on who your manager is and what the culture is like within your team. Overall can't fault this company, great place to work for.
Pros
Family Work Life Balance
Cons
Lots of processes change and frequently; organisational structure changes
Supportive, flexible work environment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA27 June 2018
The culture still retains many elements of the public service days (the Water Authority was corporatized in 1996), with regard to developing and retaining staff. Highly skilled senior technical staff are happy to spend time helping junior engineers develop, and there are opportunities to rotate into a broad range of areas throughout the Corporation, which is encouraged.
Its history and state government ministerial scrutiny have led to extremely well-developed business systems. Far from the bureaucratic nightmare I was warned about, the systems were straightforward to use, sensible, and easily revised through a quality management system. The logistics and tendering processes are transparent and verifiable, with repeatable assessments for things such as local content preferences.
It has an excellent safety culture, putting what I have seen in the oil & gas industry to shame.
There was a range of flexible working arrangements available, from the purchase of up to an extra 12 weeks of annual leave to a 5-year programme that allowed one year off at the same salary after four years at 80% of the nominal rate.
The history of a unionized public sector means that long-term clerical staff are paid very well, comparable to technical staff.
Sadly, management now sees the Corporation as a management company, rather than a doing company, and the business strategy is to outsource as much as possible (despite the poor outcome of this at the Department of Main Roads and other utilities). Consequently, they are far less interested in retaining staff and have adopted policies and workplace
  more... agreement negotiation tactics to reflect this, resulting in strikes by engineers, something almost unheard of.  less
WA Water Corporation was a great place to work
Process Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Western Australia17 May 2018
Unfortunately I was working for a service provider that was not as good as working directly for the Water Corporation.

Kinetic IT was not the best company to work for, but I would definitely go back to work directly for the Water Corporation given the chance.
Pros
Great culture and people.
Cons
Worked through a service provider
Great to work for
Field Systems Investigations Technician (Current Employee) –  Shenton Park WA14 February 2018
Great to work for, great possibilities, the on site training is really good very happy working here get awesome benefits, every one is good to work with.
Productive and fun work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Canning Vale WA3 January 2018
I enjoyed being an intern and learned so many new things there. I enjoyed being a part of a wonderful team and try to deliver my level best. Keeping my fingers cross and hoping for something more interesting in my future.
Pros
Learning Part
Cons
No any
Great working environment
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Albany WA10 July 2017
I really enjoyed working at the Water Corp, Everyone who worked there had been there all their life.
Company politics were usually integrated with management which was good for the other workers.
Pros
Excellent culture and benefits
Cons
Upper management lost touch with mid management
Very good workplace to work. People are friendly and helpful. I made some friends there.
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 May 2017
The job itself was very interesting, dealing with customers all the time, it was very dynamic. The supervisor and co-workers were very helpful. It was a good environment to be.
Pros
Bowling, lawn balls, lunches, morning tea a couple of times
Cons
Far from home
Job share fitted my life style and 10min from home
Customer Services Officer - Part Time - Job Share (Former Employee) –  Albany WA24 April 2017
The position was in a regional city, the office close to home was a bonus.

I worked 5 days a fortnight 8 to 5.

The team with the corporation from customer service personnel through to the CEO, including the trades people not limited to the in house and external plumbers and builders and engineers.

I would still be there if not for my relocation back to NSW to be closer to my family.
Productive and good in service
Project engineer - Wenco Pty Ltd (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 February 2017
During the executions of the project for AWRP, water corp supported our engineering team really good. Water corp has got a good work culture by planning the tasks well in advance.

WI personally felt that the people working with water corp have got the good potential to execute the tasks without fail.
Pros
Nice people with good culture
A culture of management avodiance
Electrical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wstern Australia2 January 2017
People in middle management are reluctant to take responsibility especially where it may effect their pensions. Hence,there is a cultural of middle management avoidance in meeting compliance responsibility especially where the requirement is required in speaking up and drawing attention to senior management about meeting compliance requirements of contractors, infrastructure, plant and equipment and safety of members of staff.

A pragmatic approach is applied and taken when convent but, always by a view of middle management on how the reporting of any compliance breach in how it will effect a persons pensions if they report the compliance breach to more senior management. A culture of avoidance not to 'rock the boat' better to say nothing, report nothing, comply with minimal compliance with any ever eye on one's pension.

What the executive sets is not necessarily interpreted the same at middle management level as been pragmatic, possible or even practical if, it has an outcome that it may effect middle management pension out comes.
Pros
Safe job as long as you don't report non compliance matters
Cons
A culture of avoidance of responsibility at middle management level.
Great Place Great People
Progam Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth30 August 2015
Always diverse the work is challenging and rewarding. Most of the people are keen to improve the way they work and the systems and processes they use to support them.
Pros
Location, people
Cons
Culture and security
good wage conditions
Water Industry Operator (Former Employee) –  Esperance W.A20 August 2015
great company to work for as they provide on going on the job training and good benefits that water corp provide.Safety is seen as paramount however some workers can not understand why things must be done
Pros
training
Cons
poor culture
t
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth21 April 2015
Great organisation to work for however I wasn't there for long as I was offered a position with Rio Tinto which I really enjoyed, water corporation was a fun environment to work for.
A good place to work, good employer
Northern Scheme Manager Groundwater (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 April 2015
Start work with a pre safety meeting, check e-mails, check meetings, do wages, maintenance of the Water Plant, Projects, incidents, safety.
Good group of staff
Pros
Flexible
Water Corporation
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth, Western Australia26 March 2015
Water corporation is a diverse company which strongly encourages personal development and growth with in the business.

During my time I started as a basic Personal Assistant, managing one director's calendar and supporting their team of 75 project managers with, one of the largest projects constructed in Western Australia. Please see a brief outline of some of the skills I provided: Meeting support, such as minutes and calendar bookings
Travel and accommodation arrangements
Events Management and Co-ordination
Office management of filing, stationary support and general building maintenance.

After 2 years I was promoted in to the Supervising Personal Assistant role becoming the front of house face and first point of contact. Due to my willingness to take on new challenges and further develop my skills, I gained a highly respected reputation particularly because of my eye for detail in our Priority One documents (information requested by the Minister for Water in Western Australia). The role also involved being in charge of a team of 5 personal and administration assistants.

I regularly liaised directly with Managers being supported and their teams to ensure the best services was provided at all times. Leading to the establishment of knowledge sharing catch up meetings with the Personal and Administration team.

The Water Corporations has regular networking opportunities and great culture. I really enjoyed supporting a business in which your importance is accepted as an equal and feeling the respect you give being returned.
Pros
Great Culture, Knowledge Development, Challenging tasks
Wamc
Accounting Officer (Former Employee) –  Canning Vale6 December 2014
Loved working here, great people and great job, shame that it was closed by the Government at the time