Weatherford
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Weatherford Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
I got to see most of Australia, working with these guys.
Had a great crew

The Company is now overseas, I would work for them again if they came back to Aust

I got to travel when I worked for them.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Sometimes i didnt fly out on time.
The worst place I have ever worked. Threatened with loss of job almost every day, managment and senior staff backstab, it’s a very big blame culture.
The interview is fantastic, they promise you the world but once you get in there and start talking with the workers it’s just their way to get staff. Very high turnover
Hard work all day
lots of training available

opportunity to move up the ladder

very good pay and benefits

defiantly a family orientated company

got all my licensees through weatherford
Hard worker, flexible , professional engineer with 17 years international experience , follow all safety procedures and getting involve with on safety practices, perfect communication skill and trying hard to meet clients expectations
At Weatherford, strong performance is recognized and rewarded. In exchange, we are committed to providing you with expanding responsibilities and challenging projects that will make a direct impact in the industry.
Remote working is fun but challenging. Strong focus on productivity and performance. Worked with some awesome people and got to see some awesome places.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Administration
not good

need improvement

a lot to learn

all about the money

no respect for employees

poor management

need to be careful. they take advantage

fight for your time off
Good management support on daily work. Good technical support and training. They also offer a good career plan wich can bring you great motivation at work.
Es una empresa que se encuentra en muchas partes del mundo, la oportunidad de creecer es muy buena.
Weatherford provides a magnitude of various technical, commercial and scientific career avenues, accessable to any person interested in joining the Oil & Gas community.
Weatherford is a good company to work for. Great opportunities, training provided, experience exchange in place. Healthy atmosphere and culture in the team.
i was working with weatherford in Pert and Brisbane Australia. very professional working environment. I learn a lot about working smart with weatherford
I loved my job and the learning curve and how everyone supported me and pushed me harder to improve myself and become a better team leader.and it's not just a job it's a life long career.
Pros
The time off
Cons
Missing out race days
I started in geophysics as a slimline logger and really enjoyed the autonomous work directly with the client on mine sites. It was great, fly in, work and fly out with limited communication from management most times. It was like being your own boss and actually owning your own business.
Then the switch to oil and gas came as I thought opportunities would be greater but I was wrong. The work was good but a bit of a drag. The new COROD unit wasn't set up properly in my opinion and training was lacklustre in the extreme and the shortage of personnel just compounded the issue. It never really took off even though it had potential. This type of work was a real drag but, there were a good bunch of guys who made the best of it. Too bad management are so focused on numbers than what's really happening on the ground.

I had planned to stay long term as one can build a career there if you take the right path. Pay and conditions were above average till it was time to cut costs. I did enjoy it most of the time, even the irregular hours at a rig.
Pros
Good work, conditions and pay. great employees
Cons
Cost cutting, management, equipment and resources
Weatherford is a company with exciting opportunities for career advancement if you are hard working and ambitious enough, will be perfect for graduates or new comers to oil and gas industry. I appreciate all these opportunities Weatherford had offered me , through which I became a better professional at what I do year after year.

The pay for my position is decent.

Not too much about work/life balance to speak of, long hours and answering phone calls all the time even during holidays is just commonplace for most operations- related positions and some supporting functions.

I've been working with Weatherford for more than 5 years and the most enjoy part was that I made friends with some of the like-minded people.

The company used to be like a slow car providing reasonable job security to employees. Not the same case since 3 or 4 years ago. Time is tough now and the company, along with other similar companies is struggling to survive , my position was made redundant as a result of cost reduction.

Best luck to Weatherford.
Pros
Decent pay; internal job opportunities
Cons
inconstancy of management, long working hours
I enjoyed every minute I worked for Weatherford Drilling Services and through my job visited amazing places and met people who have become personal friends with whom I maintain contact. I was bitterly disappointed to be laid off.
Pros
Travel.
Cons
Time away from home.
Very relaxed culture, has a high regard to safety and has different jobs in the oil and gas industry. Management could be more efficient
Pros
Good salary
Cons
long hours when needed
the experience as an intern at Weatherford oil and tools for 2 months was one of the best office and learning experience. I loved the open door policy and specially the help you are provided by mentors. On the same note you get hands on real experience not just sitting and writing intern reports.
It seems to me that the business unit was set up on a whim in order to make some quick cash from unsuspecting gas companies.
Having no real structure from the start and working ad hoc to short timetables with limited notice of upcoming work made life hard.

Team members were good but lacked training and the will to succeed. This being a direct result of poor management, lack of funding and lack of the right amount of crew members and back up.
Pros
14/14 rotating roster. Salary plus daily site bonus
Cons
long hours at times, working any time over 24 hours
Safety meeting with crew, drilling production hole, and setting up for the next stage of the well program.
learned well control, setting up the RD20 rig's with the sub base, pony base set up. managing in the crew. there is one I learned

from seeing other crews is if you respect your crew they will respect you the crews is what makes a good driller.

Most off the rig managers and field sup's was great.

the co-workers was great to work with even when I would fill in on the other rig's some was a pain to work with.

The hardest thing was getting 1 hour notice the your are getting made redundant after been told for weeks that your job was safe because I was with them for seven years.

I enjoyed the most was tripping pipe and running casing.

And crew members asking question's about drilling production hole.
I wasn't there long enough to experience, and take advantage of the company structure. However they present an exciting opportunity, and i would return to them in the future.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weatherford. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4K