Wellways
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Wellways Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews
Not much support at the time of employment for the employee
They do have new management now in Mackay and I did hear it has been a lot better to work under now. But when I worked there, there was not a lot of support in times of incidents or stressful situations.
Bad management
Management provide little support and are often inexperience there is little communication. Staff often feel worthless and under a huge amount of stress
Excellent
They are great people with great management amd well organized amd professional people. I highly recommend to join their team as they provide proper training and they always care about their staff safety and they are very competent when it comes to cultural respect. They are 24 hours with you to support you whenever you need. Very friendly and working with them is fun and joy.
Excellent
It’s a great place to work staff and manageyare very friendly and positive and has a great work culture client enquirers are attended to promptly and clients are great
Pros
Time out
very unorganised company
Wellways do not effectively communicate with their workers or participants like a respectable company would. they do not accommodate their workers needs at all.
Exceptional people and fulfilling work
The tasks I was required to perform at Wellways were engaging as they were tasks I had never undergone before.

I enjoyed working in every department I was placed in, and found the company culture to be considerate, hardworking and collaborative.

As someone with no previous experience in administration, I my team leaders were patient and understanding. They provided me with tasks that were initially difficult, but with persistence guidance I became a competent team member.

Wellways was a fantastic place to work, and I only left because I went overseas for long while.
It was great working with colleagues and we had some good times
I enjoyed working with clients as a Recovery and Rehabilitation worker. Management was based on intimidation and bullying to employees. In a period of 17 months 9 people left Wellways due to continuous bullying by the Regional Manager and Coordinator at Bathurst Wellways
working independently with clients in the community that really want to help themselves
computer rostering sometimes is conflicted. Otherwise most staff are great to deal with and clients are willing to contribute to their care as much as possible. There is a need for workers to have some strategies when working with some clients as there are both physical and mental disabilities that we work with. Otherwise just treat people as you would like to be treated if you were in their position. Transport can cost a bit sometimes in petrol to get to some clients but eventually client bases can be adjusted to make it cost effective with closer grouped clients.
Great people, collaborative team.
Great people and supportive team. Busy open offices. Regular team meetings. The Organisation is large and has many areas and locations. Management are approachable.
Supportive team
Rostering and team leaders are really supportive. Communication with workers are great. Fairly paid, flexible with shift times. Clients are fantastic.
Just don't
Management was the worst. Rude, liars and only in it for the dollars! Bullying was also a major negative. Loved working with my clients but management ruined it all. They were even rude to clients.
Management are horrible
This company only cares about itself - not its workers - the management are lazy and quick to pass the buck if - God forbid - something happens while on shift! Workers get hit, bitten, and seriously injured from violent clients - they don't care as long as they can say they've tried to give that client workers!
Pros
None!
Cons
Short hours, lied to by management, lots of driving
Lots of casual work available
As a disability support worker, I have enjoyed working with many individuals living in the community with their families or in special care.

I really enjoy taking clients to their appointments, shopping for groceries or out for a coffee.

Personal care is required by clients also. Ie bathing or showering
Pros
Every shift is different
Poor management
Wellways has previously been a wonderful place to work but in recent years, new management in the region has dragged standards down, resulting in it being a frustrating and unprofessional place to work. My colleagues however, are committed, hard working and passionate about their work.
what i enjoy about working with wellways
i enjoy the employer and the variety that they offer, the differences with clients and the ability that I found to accomodate with personal issuses as I experienced when things occur out of the blue
Great Place
Great place to work people are nice, good management, workplace culture is nice lots of things to learn working with all types of people from all different places.
Carering for clients doing a lot of driving
This company offers you on going upskill and training, and can give you up to 38hrs work a week. Most enjoyable part of this job was the clients. Hardest part of the job was driving all the time.
always surprises
Changes constantly, you need to be on the ball with your time management.
Workplace culture, enjoyable most of the time. Hardest part of the job is when you want to do so much but time is always your master. Most enjoyable time of the day is seeing a smiling face when you arrive.

You need to take care submitting your own accurate details and keep a record as the system doesn't always work well.

All administrative contacts were exceptionally helpful and always available.

Overall a pleasant occupation.
Pros
working in the field (if that's your thing)
Cons
hours constantly changing
Okay
Not a bad company to work for just needed more consistent hours, fluctuated every week. Under New Business Owners Wellways, much more organized company to work for.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours or very short hours
great job
Driving clients to where they want to go, is a typical day at work.
I learned to be patient with difficult clients

Management were really supportive

Culture varied

Working with clients that were extremely bossy and fussy

Working with youth with disabilities
Wellways Australia
I worked with Mifellowship for 6 years, and all IT staff's job was made redundant due to IT services were outsourced in Aug 2016, after which time company name was changed to Wellways.
Pros
When local IT existed it was good place to work