Wendy's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Wendy's Employee Reviews

Australia89 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 89 reviews matching the searchSee all 37,542 reviews

Social environment,lacking the ethical values of a workplace

The restaurant I work at has given me the opportunity to pay for my house and help cover payment for important things in my life that I cannot thank enough.I cannot disregard the fact that I work at a low-level entry job that takes very little to get in,and often feel replaceable in the work environment.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Poor treatment

Owner was unfair

The owner did not provide the salary slips. I worked there for 10 Months and My wife worked there for more than 3 Years, Owner did not provide payslips. In the beginning, she paid $12/hr to my wife.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Unprofessional Boss

Great satisfaction from helping the clients. But pay ratio to costs not adequate.

Working to help those in need is the most satisfying element. I learnt that no all clients can be treated the same, they are individuals and as such, need to be treated as such. The staff and management are nice and friendly enough and their learning resources are brilliant. The hardest part about the job I found was having to give up due to insufficient 'aids' or help with larger clients. Everyday those clients are put at risk by not having two carers or lifting apparatus to help. It is back breaking and scary to think that the clients are at risk.

Caring and Rewarding

I love this work and the company is very pro active.They want to do the best job possible. They work for other care agencies as well as their own clients. It is a privately run company not government.

Hard Work

Hard work for little return, no real work life balance & management not really supportive at the time I was there, things may have changed as this was a long time ago

got to make ice cream cakes

i use to open and close the store, making sure health hygiene was at its highest point ordered stock hardest part was trying to predict what ice cream stock levels we needed so prevent running out. loved working with the young kids and help give guidance with school

Pros

free ice cream and hot dogs

Cons

shopping centre hrs

Training

I was doing the weekly stock take and ordering and answering the phone and managing the store when the boss was away or on days off. I had the role of keeping all the daily taking off the premises of at the end of the day

good place to have worked and learnt to handle cash and provide customer servies

I learnt how to open and close up the wendys store and how to clean and how to do the preparation for the food and smoothes. how to handle money and the cash register and how to provide customer assistants

Pros

free lunches and the friends i made

Cons

didnt get to keep the job

This business was an awesome place to work at! Working with family and close friends, and being able to learn a lot of skills that will help me in my future career paths. Work/life balance was amazing and easy to manage.

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in

Cons

Small kiosks

loving and caring workplace

Loved working here, such a shame that it shut down. Was not only an amazing first job, but also an amazing job and workplace in general. The staff connected with the customers which made for an amazing environment for both parties.

Pros

loved going to work

Cons

bad pay

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wendy's?

serving customer with there needs icecream, milkshake etc

was there when my children where at school helped get me back into the workforce wendys at Campbelltown has been closed for years did school hours 5 days per week

Pros

meeting all sorts of people

Cons

management where not nice people

Working in an Ice-Cream Palour, what could be more fun.

Working in an ice-cream store is a fun job, seeing kids faces light up when the get to choose what flavor they want. Working at a cafe, you learns things like how to safely prepare food, what temperatures should be. Keeping the store clean and safe was top priority in our job.

Bad work environment

Boss didn't follow appropriate guidelines and takes advantage of younger kids by paying them less or taking money out of their pay. Overall bad environment.

Pros

Good team members

Cons

Underpaid

work with efficiency

the restaurant has a good workplace and the management there is planning very well, which means you can work with high efficiency and machine that they used is very classical.

Experience

I got experience helping my mum in her shop Wedny's. I was at a young age and didn't work there professionally, but helped out with the washing up and runs to the store room and food prep. It gave me an excellent oversight of the franchise.

Unorganized

I found that as manager I was not allowed to decrease the hours of very unreliable workers and replace them with staff that turned up for their shifts.

Pros

nil

Cons

Many

Good job to get you started in the working industry

I wouldn't recommend it as a career because they favour people 18 and under and give them more hours so that's why its a good starter job. It's pretty easy you just have to work on up selling things and using your sales skills.

Pros

decent pay, making friends, pretty easy

Cons

Hours, rosters

fast paced work place.

I was expected to deliver very fast customer service. I learned to be organised, sequential and multitask. I enjoyed meeting different people from all walks of life while learning about different cultures.

Pros

cheaper food

Cons

cleaning

fun and cooperative

best job i had, i created great friendships while still being able to work efficiently. management was a little bit unorganised at times but most are, the place was overall great

amazing staff and managemnt

it was a great first job where i learnt the basic skills of business and customers. the management treated us like family and the staff and i became great frends creating a fun happy vibe for the customers.

enjoyable work environment.

Great staff with the availability to have flexible work hours. The staff and bakers are all very welcoming and have a great customer relationship with their regulars. The bakers are all lovely and the interaction with them although brief is enjoyable and a friendly community.

Pros

discounted bread

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wendy's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Wendy's