Wesley Mission Queensland Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

it was lovely working with the families
In home carer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 June 2018
I would work for these families again given the chance
I would take my own activities and arts and crafts for the children to do on a daily basis. we did things like learn the alphabet, learnt how to spell & count. all the families were absolutely wonderful and it was very sad saying goodbye to them as you become part of the family.
A fantastic team to work along side
Sales and Marketing Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD7 January 2016
The team that I work with are extremely hard working and dedicated in so many ways.

Each and every day is different for me, as I am in the office or on the road travelling from North Lakes to Robina, attending meetings, community meetings, Shopping centres, libraries and general cold calling, I enjoy the flexibility of the role and I enjoy the networks that I engage with to develop new business
Pros
My fellow co workers
Cons
Nothing to report
fun workplace
Personal Carer, Activity Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD8 June 2015
Working as a team and helping others makes me feel good

I have learned to be patient, not everyone is the same, learned to work under pressure and stress and never to give up, because there's always a positive in a negative situation, you just need to be patient.

Management is always there to support employee's in what ever problems they may have and its not just your co-workers you need support but also from managements.

I love to work as a team and to share what I have experienced and to help where ever I can. I work well with others and communication with your co-workers get the job done.

At the end of the day if my goal was not success then I tend to take my work home and continue till I accomplish.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have helped someone smile and helping them achieve their goal.
room for growth and learning.
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD5 February 2015
An extreme case of multi tasking at different levels. The most enjoyable aspect of this position was the contact with the residents they were delightful.
Pros
learnt new tasks
Cons
time management was a balancing act
A great work environment, great co-workers, good management
Assistant In Nursing (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD29 January 2015
at wesley mission i was lucky enough to experience aged care nursing at its finest, a positive working environment that bought out the best care in the elderly patients.
Very Demanding and high pressure position looking after elderly with dimentia
Assistant in Nursing - Aged Care and Disability (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD21 September 2014
Wesley Mission is one of the most leading providers in looking after the aged and confirmed. All their technology and training is up to the date and have been rated as one of the top nursing facilities in Australia.
A typical day at work is addressing the most important need of the residents and preparing them for the day, this may be from showering to dressing, preparing them for breakfast and in some instances feeding them. From here it is just of process of what is important and what needs to be done from minute to minute. We do have a set routine but when you are dealing with people that have dementia, you sometimes just have to take one step at a time.
My work colleagues are lovely and we all work as a team, sometimes we are buddied, but it depends on the residents and what is required for the day.
The hardest part of the job is seeing people locked in their own minds, without a clue sometimes of where they are and why they are there. The other part is that some of the residents are just basically dumped in the facility and don't have any visitors or relatives that come and check on them. The other sad thing is that we operate on what is called the "Eden Philosophy" where residents have their personal things and sometimes their animals around them. Some residents have absolutely nothing that reminds them of home, not a TV, a picture or anything familiar and that makes me so sad.
Pros
Gives you a first hand view of what it is like to get old and forgotten
Cons
Can be very distressing and hard to take.