Wesley Mission Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Wesley Mission Queensland Employee Reviews for Assistant in Nursing

You were always given help if and when needed. The residents were always given options and had a plethora of choices. Well resourced and well organised.
I worked in high care and palliative care. It was a very rewarding job even though it was hard and heavy work. Just showing up to work and being able to make even just one resident smile or make their days just a little easier was so rewarding,
Pros
Flexible around study
Cons
Heavy work
Could be better. Management not very supportive of staff. Do not live according to what they preach. Bullying in workplace is ignored. Interested in lowering their costs over quality of their staff.
Pros
Fellow workers.
Cons
Management out of touch.
Management and staffs are very supportive, I've able to develop a good interpersonal skills, through diversity of staffs and co-workers.
Pros
Benefits and the residents are thankful to your help
Cons
attachment to the residents
at wesley mission i was lucky enough to experience aged care nursing at its finest, a positive working environment that bought out the best care in the elderly patients.
Wesley Mission is one of the most leading providers in looking after the aged and confirmed. All their technology and training is up to the date and have been rated as one of the top nursing facilities in Australia. A typical day at work is addressing the most important need of the residents and preparing them for the day, this may be from showering to dressing, preparing them for breakfast and in some instances feeding them. From here it is just of process of what is important and what needs to be done from minute to minute. We do have a set routine but when you are dealing with people that have dementia, you sometimes just have to take one step at a time. My work colleagues are lovely and we all work as a team, sometimes we are buddied, but it depends on the residents and what is required for the day. The hardest part of the job is seeing people locked in their own minds, without a clue sometimes of where they are and why they are there. The other part is that some of the residents are just basically dumped in the facility and don't have any visitors or relatives that come and check on them. The other sad thing is that we operate on what is called the "Eden Philosophy" where residents have their personal things and sometimes their animals around them. Some residents have absolutely nothing that reminds them of home, not a TV, a picture or anything familiar and that makes me so sad.
Pros
Gives you a first hand view of what it is like to get old and forgotten
Cons
Can be very distressing and hard to take.
Jobs at Wesley Mission Queensland