Wesley Mission Queensland Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Great job, poor management
Carer (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD6 July 2018
idealistic job: case management, therapeutic interventions, providing quality of life opportunities to clients, individualized care packages and end of life care in a wonderful custom-made environment. Loved the families, the clients, the potential...
senior management have no clue what happens on the care floor; the stresses and strains, under-staffing, staff working over-time & missing breaks to provide one-to-one care. sadly there is strong culture of bullying, blame, harassment; inconsistency and favoritism exist.
The NGO is primarily Christian. It promotes and practices Christian values and beliefs yet Buddhism reigns in this environment! mindfulness and meditation sessions are compulsory elements of your training & work. If you're a christian and don't agree then be prepared to be challenged or persecuted for standing by your faith.
lack of career development, no funding, no progression. inadequate support and mentorship.
Pros
massive building, staff are valued by clients
Cons
inflexible working hours, poorly managed, no career development
it was lovely working with the families
In home carer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 June 2018
I would work for these families again given the chance
I would take my own activities and arts and crafts for the children to do on a daily basis. we did things like learn the alphabet, learnt how to spell & count. all the families were absolutely wonderful and it was very sad saying goodbye to them as you become part of the family.
All worse places to work
Carer (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD12 February 2018
I was an employee at Wesley Mission and now work from agency . Workplace culture was very bad before..... Still worse. Poor management, very disorganized places and so on. Would not recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Big building
Cons
Poor management