Wesley Mission Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Wesley Mission Queensland Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Working as a team and helping others makes me feel good I have learned to be patient, not everyone is the same, learned to work under pressure and stress and never to give up, because there's always a positive in a negative situation, you just need to be patient. Management is always there to support employee's in what ever problems they may have and its not just your co-workers you need support but also from managements. I love to work as a team and to share what I have experienced and to help where ever I can. I work well with others and communication with your co-workers get the job done. At the end of the day if my goal was not success then I tend to take my work home and continue till I accomplish. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have helped someone smile and helping them achieve their goal.
lots of potential & scope of practice, big build,grateful residents and families. senior management fail to support staff, unaware of staff needs on care floor. strong culture of bullying, blame, harassment; inconsistency and favoritism upon staff recruitment and retention. The NGO promotes a Christian ethos. management promote buddhism- mindfulness and meditations are compulsory elements of training & work. practising christians have little or no voice in the workplace. Overall lack of career development, big funding issues. inadequate support or mentorship. not a supportive or friendly culture to work in
Pros
massive build, clients value staff
Cons
inflexible working hours, poorly managed, no career development
idealistic job: case management, therapeutic interventions, providing quality of life opportunities to clients, individualized care packages and end of life care in a wonderful custom-made environment. Loved the families, the clients, the potential... senior management have no clue what happens on the care floor; the stresses and strains, under-staffing, staff working over-time & missing breaks to provide one-to-one care. sadly there is strong culture of bullying, blame, harassment; inconsistency and favoritism exist. The NGO is primarily Christian. It promotes and practices Christian values and beliefs yet Buddhism reigns in this environment! mindfulness and meditation sessions are compulsory elements of your training & work. If you're a christian and don't agree then be prepared to be challenged or persecuted for standing by your faith. lack of career development, no funding, no progression. inadequate support and mentorship.
Pros
massive building, staff are valued by clients
Cons
inflexible working hours, poorly managed, no career development
I would work for these families again given the chance I would take my own activities and arts and crafts for the children to do on a daily basis. we did things like learn the alphabet, learnt how to spell & count. all the families were absolutely wonderful and it was very sad saying goodbye to them as you become part of the family.
I was an employee at Wesley Mission and now work from agency . Workplace culture was very bad before..... Still worse. Poor management, very disorganized places and so on. Would not recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Big building
Cons
Poor management
Great place with amazing ideas, for our younger community, helping to assist you people to live in there own environment with them still being able to share with assisting in their cares.
Pros
Continued training
Cons
Not able to do two different job rolls