Western District Employment Access
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Western District Employment Access Employee Reviews

Australia4 reviews
A terrible oppressive and unfriendly workplace made this the lowest point in my nearly 10 year career in employment services. The Manager and Team Leader have a diabolical management style that involves sabotage and public humiliation, undermining and a total disregard for the conduct policies of the company.
Had worked in employment services for a number of years and accepted a position. That was after initially turning it down as I applied for the team leader position and was not successful, (7 years experience vs 15) I was then offered a counter offer that I did accept, leaving secure employment. Previous employment I had earned promotions and was a valued employee. The team leader at WDEA did not like me (she knew about my application and circumstances leading to the position) and if I asked questions, attempted to clarify information, spoke or breathed, thought I was undermining her. Management attended the office (we were rural) and without even talking to me or asking my perspective on the issue my employment was terminated. I was unable to contest this as it was a week prior to my probation period ending. Team mates advised management that I had not been the cause of the issue but were advised they needed to support management. I had heard of other staff being terminated in their probationary period and assumed that they had not performed or HAD done the wrong thing. I have my reservations now. After being fired, my mental health suffered as I placed a lot of worth in my work ethic and I was not even valued enough for management to hear my version of events. If you value security and fairness, I would not recommend working for WDEA. They have been the worst experience/employer of my life.
WDEA has a real team environment. You are rewarded for your hard work and it is great place to work. All management staff are very friendly and approachable.
Great organisation to work for. Co-workers support each other in good and bad days.
Pros
great place to work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Western District Employment Access?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western District Employment Access. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8