Western Power
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Western Power Employee Reviews

Australia58 reviews
Document reviews, updating work instructions, procedures, talking to subject matter experts and departments about proposed changes and impending legislative requirements
Very enjoyable place to work. Workmates were all easy going happy people.
Variety of tasks involved in your day to day work.

Challenges when there were storms in the area and all the linesmen were doing long hours.

Would highly recommend Western Power and I am sad that I relocated and resigned from my role.
Good workplace, job very stressful due to workload, not enough trained or skilled workers to handle the amount of incoming work,for example customers are waiting five months to have power connected after application, there goals are mostly not achievable, training is available to upgrade skills, lots of travel away from family
I enjoyed working at Western Power,I have contributed much of my experience and would like the opportunity to to work at Western Power
I'm always looking for opportunities at Western Power.
Fast paced environment with lot of opportunities. I loved working at Western Power. There is good work life balance with lot of growth opportunities to grow in your career and personally.
I started working there when I was just 19, so I have seen it change from SEC through to Western Power over 40 years. It has been a very secure job and has supported my family well. Always heaps of over time and I have progressed from an apprentice through to a supervisor and have been put through many certificates over the years. I was given the opportunity to take a redundancy a couple of years a go which I did.
Great place to work for if you want longevity and security.
Great pay and union support.

Good hours and standard work days for residential employees.

Opportunity to grow within the company
western power great job to learn and craft your skills, as a faultman I started from home and finished at home jobs would be sent to me via computer .
After 5 years it was time to move on, lots of change management and redundancies impending, moral seemed low, management didn't seem to care. At the start it was a nice place to work with chance for career progression. A lot of 'older employees' who hadn't really up skilled. PD was poor, wouldn't recommend.
Great place to work. On the job training is exceptional. Study assistance program.Work like balance and work from home capabilities. All good at WP.....
I was very excited to take this job with the electric company that provides power to a third of Australia. After two years of employment it became clear that top management only concerned with their own and political power. Infighting and overly structured corporate process has made this job a real drag.
It the best job I ever had and I learn a lot and enjoyed working for western power and enjoyed the satisfaction of getting the customer power back on and travelling the country to help people I need , specially when bush fires would go through and burn every thing in it path and we would have to rebuild the whole network back to a working distribution network
Good place to work but a lot of time is spent sitting around.
To many bosses with limited experiance dictating on how work should be done.

The culture is if its to hard leave if for the contractors.
I would not recommend being employed at Western Power.
Nobody in the organisation can be trusted,

Management is out of touch with the workforce.

It has a culture of stab your way to the top.
Pros
Cons
Western Power
Check emails from bosses in the office.
Totally different to what I used to do.

Started as a Receptionist and then trialled a position in the works area.

This was about power poles in all the different areas.
great way to see the state with a lot of opportunities to get tickets and accreditations, great teams within the construction and maintenance sections of the business
Great bunch of people to work with at Mandurah depot, staff are always keen to help out with work loads and breakdowns. Great manager at the depot as well, firm and fair.
Pros
Fair saleries
Cons
Reduction in overtime hours
Great job with lots of varied rolls to perform ranging from Project Management, Switching, Linework, Crane driving, Cable Jointing with a big district to maintain.
Pros
Varied Projects
Cons
Long Hrs on call
The job was paid well however, I found the shift work the most challenging. Working 2 day 2 nights, i found i could not get into good sleep patterns.
The work involved working closely in a small team which involved long working hour and having good inter personnel skills was a essential.
Pros
well renumerated
Cons
poor sleep habits affected my health
1. a typical day is easy going
2. I learned more IT skills and Admin skills

3. Management is good

4. Workplace is quiet and friendly

5. The hardest part of the job is when you get too busy and start drifting off.

6. The most enjoyable part of the job is people talking to me and moving around the workplace
Pros
Provides free coffee and tea with a kitchen
Software and Procedures are convoluted and departments do not communicate common work practices. Staff are competing with high workloads with little to no office support.