Western Sydney Local Health District
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Western Sydney Local Health District Employee Reviews

Complex and dynamic workplace with a committed and hardworking workforce. From a HR Business partnering perspective there is a big focus on change management, coaching and developing leadership, employee relations and industrial relations. There are over 7 active trade unions.
Management was supportiveGreat collective group of professionals to work withGood communication, open disclosure and transparency of decision makingWorking hard as an organisation to improve individual performance and organisational cultureRewarding, draining, challenging and valid work. Felt good to contribute to this environment
Pros
Staff rewards (praise, recognition and awards) but they have to be earned.
Cons
Covid has strongly affected the way we work but also gave us opportunities to work differently.
Unskilled and poorly trained managers, who are very hung up on job titles and do little to support their staff. In position not for their people skills but because of longevity of service and possibly because they've "seen off" better qualified people who just aren't in it for the fight. Beware of very high staff turnover in some department s, remember people leave managers, not jobs.
Pros
Convenient from home, great teamwork with people on the floor, mostly very hard working colleagues. Working within own community and giving somethingback.
Cons
culture shakeup needed, when, toxic culture, don't over perform and show up lazy colleagues, remember, fair bit of pushing around happens, this stuff belongs in the playground, the toxic element is known about and nothing is ever done
Nice to work with this health department as they always listen to everyone's need and resolve the problems. Really enjoying working with this organisation.
Pros
free parking
Cons
nothing
Team was very unhappy & stressed - mainly because immediate manager was inconsiderate & did not know how to provide direction. She called an impromptu team meeting from 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm (after a full workday that started at 8:30 am), only to gripe about subordinates who left without saying goodbye to her. I & another colleague worked 50 hours/week for 2 consecutive weeks at no extra pay & was told no time in lieu as those extra hours are part of the package. A colleague was disallowed from taking leave to attend to sick child. Culture may have changed now under a different leadership.
Pros
Working inside a hospital is a different experience
Cons
inconsiderate & incompetent leadership
I am very energetic person, in all my working places I demonstrate capacity to be proactive, , and consult with a management demonstrating I have ability to accurately analyses information and make sound decisions that have considerable business impact. I am person who takes initiative tries be a role model to others pose ability to motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve goals. I have capacity of reliability or dependability; honesty and integrity; commitment with a can-do attitude; courtesy and care; tolerance to other team members; take proactive initiative and no avoid risk-taking. I always go front to face challenges in difficult times, and it's in these moments that things like determination, tenacity and resilience come to the fore. I have the right skills and will to use them this help me to overcome the challenges and achieve success.
Pros
Swiming
Cons
work 12 hours then overtime
A high volume work environment with great learning opportunities. An excellent place to work for life time experiences. A well developed quaternary institution.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours need to work under pressure
Nursing staff are allocated each shift to a number of patients. It is the nurse's responsibility to ensure that all care for the patient is completed for this period.The role of a nurse is to ensure patient safety and well-being, whilst providing care in the least restrictive environment at all times. Everyday tasks includes category checks, medication administration, ADL's, clinical observations, activity programs, mental state examination (MSE) and documentation. Nursing staff ensure patient's rooms are the ward are is kept tidy and hazard free. A duress alarm must be worn by each staff member at all times. We work a s team to complete to ensure all these tasks completed. Management is support as there is always someone senior including the CNS, CNC, ward NUM, Doctors and also Security. Dealing with patients with challenging behavior and complex presentations can be the hardest part of this job.We try and in cooperate a fun filled working environment with snacks around to keep energized.
Pros
we bring in snacks and go along with some laughter
Cons
Uncerternity of the nature of this role.
poor leadership brings your motivation down. high turnover of staff makes difficult to work. unfair workload one RN will have 223 patients and the other RN will have 27 patients workload. no guidelines or support given but if there is an issue they will mention coroners in the meeting makes you feel threaten.
Pros
you can help patient who is in need
Cons
unreasonable workload, no guidance or support, risky job for registration
Not very communative with staff , Constant realignments, that are never completed. Slow with recruitment - approval takes a long time, clearance checks take a long time
A typical day at work commences with updating the staff roster on PROACT. Attend to phone calls and screening them for the Team. Take messages and give to the appropriate people. Update and edit statistics on the in house computer data base. Create new files including paperwork and labels for new clients. Update information with current clients. Attend to appointment diaries and update on the spread sheet. Have the files ready for the outpatient clinics. Put files away and make sure paperwork is placed in the correct sections of the file. Make sure everything is in working order and attend to stationary make sure the cupboard replenished. Overall make sure the team is happy and everyone has a great day.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Salary isnt adequate