Western Sydney Local Health District
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Western Sydney Local Health District Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
The connections to the people in the community and the venue.
I have joint the NSW Health Services since March 2001, commenced with Western Sydney Area Health Service, now called Western Sydney Local Health District.

During the years of working, it gives me the valuable opportunities to learn and interacting with people for the common interest of the people in the community.

However, there is a pending serious matter which did not give me a fare chance to get a paid job.

Therefore I move on to the different organizations, and I am still technically working for WSLHD in terms of my aged care services for the senior citizens.
Pros
It opens to the public so everyone
Cons
Bias perhaps
Productive and fun working
Nice to work with this health department as they always listen to everyone's need and resolve the problems. Really enjoying working with this organisation.
Pros
free parking
Cons
nothing
Stressful, Very Poor Management
Team was very unhappy & stressed - mainly because immediate manager was inconsiderate & did not know how to provide direction. She called an impromptu team meeting from 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm (after a full workday that started at 8:30 am), only to gripe about subordinates who left without saying goodbye to her. I & another colleague worked 50 hours/week for 2 consecutive weeks at no extra pay & was told no time in lieu as those extra hours are part of the package. A colleague was disallowed from taking leave to attend to sick child. Culture may have changed now under a different leadership.
Pros
Working inside a hospital is a different experience
Cons
inconsiderate & incompetent leadership
Committed and hardworking workforce
Complex and dynamic workplace with a committed and hardworking workforce. From a HR Business partnering perspective there is a big focus on change management, coaching and developing leadership, employee relations and industrial relations. There are over 7 active trade unions.
Productive and fun enjoy working
I am very energetic person, in all my working places I demonstrate capacity to be proactive, , and consult with a management demonstrating I have ability to accurately analyses information and make sound decisions that have considerable business impact. I am person who takes initiative tries be a role model to others pose ability to motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve goals. I have capacity of reliability or dependability; honesty and integrity; commitment with a can-do attitude; courtesy and care; tolerance to other team members; take proactive initiative and no avoid risk-taking. I always go front to face challenges in difficult times, and it's in these moments that things like determination, tenacity and resilience come to the fore. I have the right skills and will to use them this help me to overcome the challenges and achieve success.
Pros
Swiming
Cons
work 12 hours then overtime
Reputable work place
A high volume work environment with great learning opportunities.
An excellent place to work for life time experiences.

A well developed quaternary institution.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours need to work under pressure
Good working environment with supportive staff
Nursing staff are allocated each shift to a number of patients. It is the nurse's responsibility to ensure that all care for the patient is completed for this period.The role of a nurse is to ensure patient safety and well-being, whilst providing care in the least restrictive environment at all times. Everyday tasks includes category checks, medication administration, ADL's, clinical observations, activity programs, mental state examination (MSE) and documentation. Nursing staff ensure patient's rooms are the ward are is kept tidy and hazard free. A duress alarm must be worn by each staff member at all times. We work a s team to complete to ensure all these tasks completed. Management is support as there is always someone senior including the CNS, CNC, ward NUM, Doctors and also Security. Dealing with patients with challenging behavior and complex presentations can be the hardest part of this job.We try and in cooperate a fun filled working environment with snacks around to keep energized.
Pros
we bring in snacks and go along with some laughter
Cons
Uncerternity of the nature of this role.
Poor leadership and management brings you down
poor leadership brings your motivation down. high turnover of staff makes difficult to work. unfair workload one RN will have 223 patients and the other RN will have 27 patients workload.
no guidelines or support given but if there is an issue they will mention coroners in the meeting makes you feel threaten.
Pros
you can help patient who is in need
Cons
unreasonable workload, no guidance or support, risky job for registration
Lacks communication
Not very communative with staff , Constant realignments, that are never completed.

Slow with recruitment - approval takes a long time, clearance checks take a long time
A nice team to work with
A typical day at work commences with updating the staff roster on PROACT. Attend to phone calls and screening them for the Team. Take messages and give to the appropriate people. Update and edit statistics on the in house computer data base. Create new files including paperwork and labels for new clients. Update information with current clients. Attend to appointment diaries and update on the spread sheet. Have the files ready for the outpatient clinics. Put files away and make sure paperwork is placed in the correct sections of the file. Make sure everything is in working order and attend to stationary make sure the cupboard replenished. Overall make sure the team is happy and everyone has a great day.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Salary isnt adequate