Western Sydney University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Western Sydney University Employee Reviews

Australia84 reviews
The university does not provide opportunity to the international students of temporary visa people and always hire on the basis of reference given by one of the staff
Western Sydney provides opportunity throughout your employment to experience different fields. The professional development is second to none and totally recommend taking advantage of it.
The culture is a fun and exciting with a true professional focus on there long/ short term values and views.

With all that said the only downside is that I work in a department that had the most cohesive team ethic but management has been unsympathetic and self-absorb with is there self advancement which may cause unease at the best of times.
I really enjoy working here because I feel welcomed here. Everyday is like new adventure and what makes my work more enjoyable are the people I work with. They are very nice and supportive.
Supportive environment with great people, opportunities for training, growth and progress with lots of different roles possible. Highly recommend WSU as an employer
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
you have to pay for parking on campus
Have good experience overall. I like the diversity, inclusion, and campus environment. I enjoyed helping many students with their essay writing questions.
Learned a lot and enjoyed a workplace with so many opportunities both in house and externally. It is a shame the job security is so poor because it is a fantastic place to be.
Not a very pleasant culture to work in, bullying is rife, too many restructures and the loss of experienced staff to inexperienced people and that's the good points !
There are many research facilities and many good scientists, so it is the best place to research. Particularly climate change in agricultural and forest.
Excellent professors, competitive and hardworking researchers, relaxed and peaceful environment, good work ethics and workplace culture, advance laboratory equipment and tools
Students are not quite discipline
Student are weak in knowledge

No respect for time

I felt that student rely on group and team working and repeating answers .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Western Sydney University?
- Great time teaching, not as much fun administratively.
- Often difficult to plan your hours from semester to semester

- Many different campuses always going the opposite way of rush-hour traffic
Productive and Fun work place. I was lucky to be surrounded by all wonderful and amazing colleagues. There were quite senior colleagues but they never let me feel I am new. They were very helpful,motivating and patient while training me. They always maintained a positive energy at work. Loved working there and miss everyone now.
Continuous improvement of services. Business case, SLA, Incident management, problem management, change management, project management, change management and knowledge management.

Helping people improve their processes and ICT systems in line with the organization strategy.. The hard part was being handed sub standard solutions and fixing it operationally. My key learning were a growth in end to end service management and vendor management in a large scale organization.
Best place I've ever worked. Everyone is fun and friendly and the work itself is really rewarding. If you enjoy working with kids and meeting new people this is the perfect job.
Great team work friendly staff and management to work with
Busy workplace.

Flexible hours face paced food industry.

Very busy constant all the time.

Interacting with staff management and especially with students.

Plenty of holiday time if suits you.
A young but driving University aiming for fast growth. Very collaborative people. The landscape is healthy, physical and mentally. In Sydneys growth area. Great future.
Once you step into the university or the admins office, the university is so multi cultured, not only the students, even the staff, everyone is so helpfull, even though it was my 1st poistion in australia, i was lucky to meet and work with such beautifull people.
The university supported new ideas in teaching.
Workplace culture was diversified and hence I found it to be great.

Good connect with management.

Teaching was always in the evenings after work and hence a bit tiresome at times
Good IT leaders driving innovation. Rest of the university exhibit pretty poor culture in all aspects, including discrimination and low staff morale and productivity.
Permanent positions are mainly awarded based on longevity not competency.
Cons
location
easy going, open door policy. Ppl are always willing to help you out. The hardest part of the job was learning to utilize the various channels of approval as there were multiple departments handling different aspects of the university.
The university has a fantastic international student base and is dynamic and covers spectrums from commercial to social to environmental.

I enjoyed mixing in a multi cultural teaching environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Sydney University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3